Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Cover-up worse than the crime?

Cover-up worse than the crime? (Page 8)
Thread Tools
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 17, 2011, 10:22 PM
 
No.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 17, 2011, 10:27 PM
 
Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Ummmm. This isn't even PWL fodder anymore, guys. If we can get back to discussing issues rather than each other, maybe the thread will survive. Otherwise it's curtains. OK?
Directions? Please?
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 17, 2011, 10:57 PM
 
I think if Obama were crafty and resourceful enough to have pulled off a criminally successful bid for President, he'd likely know someone who could fake a convincing enough birth certificate to placate the public. IMO, this is why ideals like this enjoy such a long shelf-life. The most legitimate evidence would produce more questions anyway because he's already untrustworthy by virtue of the question.

IMO most importantly, the last thing Republicans should do is force Obama into the position of producing the requested evidence of his citizenship; looking like the hapless victim of right-wing witch hunts, mean-spiritedness, and... dare I say it. Politically and strategically a blunder out of the gate IMO. I'd like to see a competitive race in 2012 with the outcome I voted for instead of watching a terrible offense take the field game after game.
ebuddy
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 17, 2011, 11:00 PM
 
exactly
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 18, 2011, 01:02 AM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
I think if Obama were crafty and resourceful enough to have pulled off a criminally successful bid for President, he'd likely know someone who could fake a convincing enough birth certificate to placate the public. IMO, this is why ideals like this enjoy such a long shelf-life. The most legitimate evidence would produce more questions anyway because he's already untrustworthy by virtue of the question.

IMO most importantly, the last thing Republicans should do is force Obama into the position of producing the requested evidence of his citizenship; looking like the hapless victim of right-wing witch hunts, mean-spiritedness, and... dare I say it. Politically and strategically a blunder out of the gate IMO. I'd like to see a competitive race in 2012 with the outcome I voted for instead of watching a terrible offense take the field game after game.
I don't think that the overriding issue in 2012 will be his citizenship, and therefore he's not really going to be able to use it to any advantage. However, like Bush's Vietnam era service record hounded him, it will be serve to remind people of the complete lack of transparency and honesty Obama and his administration has shown.

However I do believe that one way or another, before 2012, it will be revealed whether or not he actually has a birth certificate on record. Circumstances as they were, if Obama was not eligible for citizenship, it really didn't require anything that "crafty." He got a document via legal channels that is normally good enough to show that you were born in the state, therefore a "citizen." However, you didn't actually have to be born in the state to get it, and if he wasn't and was born outside of Hawaii he wouldn't actually be eligible regardless of any document he might have.

I don't think if he ever does produce - even if it's a part of some fraud - that the martyr image will be enough to make everyone forget how inept his term in office has been. Bill Clinton survived post 1994 not because his attackers where inept and people felt sorry for him - but because they were and he wasn't doing anything to screw up anything noticeable to the general public. The economy from the Internet boom was going full steam and no big world uproars where going on (they were just being planned).

So, it will either be a wash though with a constant reminder of Obama's duplicitous, or he's going to have to explain where and when he was born since the story he told prior wasn't true.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 18, 2011, 08:36 AM
 
Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
I don't think that the overriding issue in 2012 will be his citizenship, and therefore he's not really going to be able to use it to any advantage.
It *will* become an issue if you and WND get your way. And, then Obama will say "Ok, you win, here it is". And, there will be some secret exposed by it, but it won't be a deep/dark political secret; it'll be something that affects someone else, it'll be deeply personal and it'll make anyone who pushed for release of the document look really mean.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 18, 2011, 09:31 AM
 
Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
It *will* become an issue if you and WND get your way.
I didn't say it won't be an issue, I said it won't really be the overriding issue and I wouldn't want it to be either. It wil be an issue because it looks like Obama is going to have to face this, or possibly not get on the ballot in some states at all.

Back during Clinton's second election the economy was thriving, we weren't in any wars, and the Clinton administration wasn't really doing much visibly to screw that up. He'd smartly strategized after suffering the huge losses in the 1994 election and came up with a winning plan for re-election based on moving to the right.

All that was left was the dishonesty, lack of reasonable discipline, and the bimbos of Clinton himself. That alone won't push a Democrat out of office these days, and if that's all you've got, you're going to push people towards that person.

There are plenty of other examples in regards to Obama that will point to his lack of honesty, transparency and competency - and Obama never really has made the strategic shifts he'd need to do to turn things around politically. This will be just one of a series of issues that will paint him into a corner he really won't be able to get out of.

And, then Obama will say "Ok, you win, here it is". And, there will be some secret exposed by it, but it won't be a deep/dark political secret; it'll be something that affects someone else, it'll be deeply personal and it'll make anyone who pushed for release of the document look really mean.
I'll again compare this to Bush. Assuming that I think that your theory is a credible "best case scenario" for why he has refused to release his birth certificate. I really don't think it will help him all that much if it comes out in the end. Bush eventually let all his service records be revealed and it ended up that he wasn't really guilty of all the bad things he was accused of (with forged documents no less), but there were other things that pointed to possibly him getting it a little better than other service men at the time.

I don't think Bush really gained anything by the viciousness of the untrue attacks against him once all the facts were revealed - even the fact that mainstream journalists where part of an effort to push forged documents to prove their untruths. I think it hurt the credibility of people like Dan Rather and CBS, but the story just sort of went away and the controversy ended.

I think best case for Obama if he's hiding someone innocuous is that this issue will go away, and we won't have people that the public usually take seriously (Donald Trump, Chris Mathews, etc.) continue to ask quite vocally what it is that Obama is hiding. I see no gain for Obama no matter what he does, and that's likely why he's not doing anything.

I guessing though that your best case scenario isn't likely. In this day and age, what deep, dark secret could a birth certificate produce that would be so embarrassing to him, that he'd rather have his honesty and transparency questioned over and over, and a good number of potential voters think maybe he isn't even eligible? I can't think of any.

I just don't think that there is a "down side" to pressing him on the issue, as long as this isn't the sole or major focus of objection towards him. Add this to the littany of other deficiencies, and the man dies politically of a thousand tiny cuts.
( Last edited by stupendousman; Mar 18, 2011 at 10:15 AM. )
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 18, 2011, 07:22 PM
 
Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
I don't think that the overriding issue in 2012 will be his citizenship, and therefore he's not really going to be able to use it to any advantage. However, like Bush's Vietnam era service record hounded him, it will be serve to remind people of the complete lack of transparency and honesty Obama and his administration has shown.
Of course it won't be the overriding issue stupendousman, but I'm wishing it were a non-issue. People keep saying; "all he has to do is" and I don't believe it for a minute. Like I said, if he's scheming enough to have pulled off a criminally-successful bid for the presidency, there's absolutely no reason to believe any documentation he provides is legitimate. God forbid should there be a wrinkle or rub in the document or worse; what if it's like my father's birth certificate with an error in the year of his birth that they overwrote repeatedly? The only thing that will be served by this IMO is to make him a victim of "right-wing racism" and the timed release of said documentation will detract from the multitude of policy decisions and actions that legitimately illustrate a lack of transparency and honesty. I believe it's a lose-lose ideal from beginning to end.

However I do believe that one way or another, before 2012, it will be revealed whether or not he actually has a birth certificate on record. Circumstances as they were, if Obama was not eligible for citizenship, it really didn't require anything that "crafty." He got a document via legal channels that is normally good enough to show that you were born in the state, therefore a "citizen." However, you didn't actually have to be born in the state to get it, and if he wasn't and was born outside of Hawaii he wouldn't actually be eligible regardless of any document he might have.
I'm tellin' ya man... you could produce video evidence of his birth to a cow in India and no one is going to remove this President from office. He's going to have to go the ol' fashioned way, disgruntled voters and well-expressed opposition to his policy failures.

I don't think if he ever does produce - even if it's a part of some fraud - that the martyr image will be enough to make everyone forget how inept his term in office has been.
Why risk being connected to what will most assuredly be deemed lunacy when there are so many tangible and apparent causes for concern based on what we do know for certain? You can't compete with ABC News, NBC News, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, the Simpsons, Supernatural, The View, Time Magazine, Star/US/Enquirer magazine, People magazine, the Daily Show, the Colbert Report, David Letterman, and on and on and on... let them try to argue the merits of Obama's policies while the electorate feels their failure.

And for goodness sakes let it be a viable, competent, candidate that runs against him.
AFAIC, he's American enough to be voted out of office.
ebuddy
     
Senior User
Join Date: May 2009
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 19, 2011, 04:38 AM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
The only thing that will be served by this IMO is to make him a victim of "right-wing racism" and the timed release of said documentation will detract from the multitude of policy decisions and actions that legitimately illustrate a lack of transparency and honesty. I believe it's a lose-lose ideal from beginning to end.
I tried on page 6,
If you push this retardedness, Obama will win.
You lose, the US loses.
Maybe he'll try to think it through with your input.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 22, 2011, 09:56 AM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Of course it won't be the overriding issue stupendousman, but I'm wishing it were a non-issue. People keep saying; "all he has to do is" and I don't believe it for a minute.
I know you are wrong because I know that is the position I am in.

I know you are wrong because I'm pretty sure if he did "all he has to do," people like Chris Mathews and Donald Trump wouldn't keep scratching their heads wondering what Obama is trying to hide.

Of course, there are some that would hold the stubborn line, just as there are people who currently believe that 911 was an inside job and that we never really went to the Moon. Those people are tiny minorities and aren't really taken seriously. Whether you like him or not, people like Donald Trump are taken seriously by a lot of people.

Like I said, if he's scheming enough to have pulled off a criminally-successful bid for the presidency, there's absolutely no reason to believe any documentation he provides is legitimate.
Based on the facts I've shown in this thread, he wouldn't have had to do anything "criminal" in order to get into office. He has a COLB like a lot of people, but the fact is that he didn't have to be legally eligible for US citizenship to get this. Is it criminal to knowingly deceive people by relying on official government documents that may have been given without due diligence? I don't know. He was asked to show documentation, he showed it, it was deemed worthy (even though we later find out that it doesn't really prove qualification for citizenship due to the laws at the time.)

It seems as though you are still under the impression that if Obama were born outside the US, but had his grandparents apply for a Hawaiian COLB (which was legal at the time) that something would have to be falsified or fraudulently manipulated in order for him to be where he is at. That isn't the case.

Again, I don't think it will be a viable issue unless he's forced to produce a birth certificate - BUT CAN'T (which would mean he was not born in Hawaii as he has claimed). I do though think that it's another nagging drag on his credibility and example of his lack of transparency. Little cuts...not big one. Little cuts over time have a way of hurting. Bush was attacked little by little over the course of time about a bunch of stuff - eventually dragging him down and down.

If you use the example of what Democrats did to Bush, it really can't be rationalized that this will somehow make mainstream republicans look bad. Democrats even went as far as forging documents to make Bush look bad and lied about a host of things throughout the entire term of his presidency, and Bush ended extremely unpopular and wouldn't have been able to be re-elected even if he was legally allowed.

No real backfiring - just a steady stream of reminders of Bush's weaknesses. That, plus Obama's incompetence are plenty. I really think people trying to spin Obama's lack of transparency around on those who complain about it aren't going to be effective. That is, unless those kind of steady, hurtful barbs has an effect on one's crediblity. If that's the case, then again we prove the point that his this nothing but hurt for Obama as long as he continues hiding the truth.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 23, 2011, 01:52 PM
 
Donald Trump seems like a smart guy. He doesn't seem like he likes Obama too much either, and wouldn't want to do anything to help him stay in office.

He doesn't seem to buy the idea that Obama hiding his birth certificate isn't a big deal.

Again, this is an intelligent billionaire with a hit TV series, a loyal following, a knack for knowing what is and isn't good and bad PR, and the ear of the national media - and he doesn't come off as a paranoid kook.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Donald Trump To Obama: Show The Birth Certificate
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 23, 2011, 06:23 PM
 
Donald Trump? The same guy who said this ....

Originally Posted by Donald Trump
If you go back to my first grade, my kindergarten, people remember me. Nobody from those early years remembers him. If you're going to be president of the United States, it says very profoundly you have to be born in this country.
Trump again questions Obama’s birthplace – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

So nobody remembers President Obama huh? That's what this "intelligent billionaire with a hit TV series" said right? Well let's see about that shall we?

As student teachers, it never occurred to Aimee Yatsushiro or Katherine Nakamoto that a cute 5-year-old from their first teaching experience would become president one day, actually the first African-American president.

"You tell students all the time you can be whatever you want to be when you grow up," Nakamoto said. "And now here's Barack Obama. He's president. Who would have thought?"

Yatsushiro, a retired teacher from Kahului, served as a student teacher from September to December 1966 at Noelani Elementary School on Oahu. Her supervising teacher was Kazuko Sakai, the primary educator for about 25 students in a kindergarten class that included a boy named Barack "Barry" Obama.

"He was a cute, likable, heavy build-child," Yatsushiro recalled. "I could visualize Barry smiling, dressed in his long-sleeved, white shirt tucked into his brown Bermuda shorts, and wearing laced shoes."

Nakamoto, also a retired teacher now living in Wailuku, coincidentally was assigned to the same kindergarten class, only this time from January to June of 1967. Nakamoto said she never used a nickname for the student. "We called him Barack. . . . He was very well mannered, respectful, confident and independent."
Oh but wait ... just in case you can't accept two different teachers' word for it ... they also had a photograph!

Soon after seeing Obama on the Oprah television talk show, Yatsushiro pulled out a spring 1967 kindergarten class photograph that Sakai had mailed her with a note about how the children were still talking about their former student teacher.

In the photograph, Nakamoto stands immediately behind a 5-year-old Obama.

"He (Obama) was always nicely dressed," Nakamoto said as she looked at the old photograph recently. "He wasn't outstanding in any way like being naughty or anything. I just remember him being confident, like the way a president should be."
Retired teachers on Maui recall young, ‘cute’ student Barry - Mauinews.com

You're right. Donald Trump doesn't come off as a "paranoid kook". He comes off as someone who is more than willing to pimp "paranoid kooks" by telling them what they want to hear as long as it benefits "The Donald".

OAW
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 23, 2011, 08:05 PM
 
Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
Donald Trump seems like a smart guy. He doesn't seem like he likes Obama too much either, and wouldn't want to do anything to help him stay in office.

He doesn't seem to buy the idea that Obama hiding his birth certificate isn't a big deal.
Have you considered that Trump "wouldn't want to do anything to help [Obama] stay in office" because he's considering a run for the Presidency?
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 23, 2011, 08:23 PM
 
Prediction: the 2012 campaigns are going to be a complete and utter arms race of stupid
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 23, 2011, 08:38 PM
 
Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
I know you are wrong because I know that is the position I am in.

I know you are wrong because I'm pretty sure if he did "all he has to do," people like Chris Mathews and Donald Trump wouldn't keep scratching their heads wondering what Obama is trying to hide.

Of course, there are some that would hold the stubborn line, just as there are people who currently believe that 911 was an inside job and that we never really went to the Moon. Those people are tiny minorities and aren't really taken seriously. Whether you like him or not, people like Donald Trump are taken seriously by a lot of people.
Donald Trump is taken seriously by people in specific circles (namely, real estate) and most of the rest think he's a speudo-popular businessman with ridiculous hair who hosts a TV show. I happen to like Donald Trump, but I think he and others are barking up the wrong tree on this one. (not that they're really "barking")

I'm not even relegating staunch birthers to 911-truthers and faked moon landing theorists stupendousman. The point is, it doesn't matter. There will be a wealth of media to make that connection as easily as you just did.

Based on the facts I've shown in this thread, he wouldn't have had to do anything "criminal" in order to get into office. He has a COLB like a lot of people, but the fact is that he didn't have to be legally eligible for US citizenship to get this. Is it criminal to knowingly deceive people by relying on official government documents that may have been given without due diligence? I don't know. He was asked to show documentation, he showed it, it was deemed worthy (even though we later find out that it doesn't really prove qualification for citizenship due to the laws at the time.)

It seems as though you are still under the impression that if Obama were born outside the US, but had his grandparents apply for a Hawaiian COLB (which was legal at the time) that something would have to be falsified or fraudulently manipulated in order for him to be where he is at. That isn't the case.
What I'm saying is that at this point you'd have to prove he isn't a US citizen. This is dicey and dangerous and IMO politically destructive.

Again, I don't think it will be a viable issue unless he's forced to produce a birth certificate - BUT CAN'T (which would mean he was not born in Hawaii as he has claimed). I do though think that it's another nagging drag on his credibility and example of his lack of transparency. Little cuts...not big one. Little cuts over time have a way of hurting. Bush was attacked little by little over the course of time about a bunch of stuff - eventually dragging him down and down.

If you use the example of what Democrats did to Bush, it really can't be rationalized that this will somehow make mainstream republicans look bad. Democrats even went as far as forging documents to make Bush look bad and lied about a host of things throughout the entire term of his presidency, and Bush ended extremely unpopular and wouldn't have been able to be re-elected even if he was legally allowed.
It helps when your figure is media friendly. That's what I've been trying to say. Bush was obviously not a friend of the media while Obama most certainly is.

No real backfiring - just a steady stream of reminders of Bush's weaknesses. That, plus Obama's incompetence are plenty. I really think people trying to spin Obama's lack of transparency around on those who complain about it aren't going to be effective. That is, unless those kind of steady, hurtful barbs has an effect on one's crediblity. If that's the case, then again we prove the point that his this nothing but hurt for Obama as long as he continues hiding the truth.
He won't hide the truth. He's simply regarding it with the same degree of concern as the general populace. The ones who bring this loudly to the fore and demand answers will get them and it will be a net-loss for them IMO.
ebuddy
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 23, 2011, 08:39 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Prediction: the 2012 campaigns are going to be a complete and utter arms race of stupid
Unfortunately, I wouldn't bet .10 against you.
ebuddy
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 24, 2011, 08:47 AM
 
Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
Have you considered that Trump "wouldn't want to do anything to help [Obama] stay in office" because he's considering a run for the Presidency?
Yes.

..and I never claimed Trump had all his facts straight. When did that ever stop a politician in any of the 52 states of America?

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Prediction: the 2012 campaigns are going to be a complete and utter arms race of stupid
...and that would be different than most others how?
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 24, 2011, 02:42 PM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Unfortunately, I wouldn't bet .10 against you.
Okay, I'll make bolder predictions then...

- people will fuss over gingrich's infidelity to levels of stupid
- Trump will say dumb things
- Palin will be Palin
- Obama will be inundated with dumb stuff and will be able to avoid the stuff that really matters, to some extent
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 24, 2011, 06:22 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Okay, I'll make bolder predictions then...

- people will fuss over gingrich's infidelity to levels of stupid
Sorry, no bet.

- Trump will say dumb things
He'll say smart things too and a lot of candid things which... yeah nevermind, no bet.

- Palin will be Palin
She'll be worse than Palin while still being too Palinesque to win. No bet.

Obama will be inundated with dumb stuff and will be able to avoid the stuff that really matters, to some extent
Nope. Nada. No bet.
ebuddy
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 24, 2011, 06:38 PM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Sorry, no bet.


He'll say smart things too and a lot of candid things which... yeah nevermind, no bet.


She'll be worse than Palin while still being too Palinesque to win. No bet.


Nope. Nada. No bet.


Mitt Romney will smile?
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 24, 2011, 07:08 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Mitt Romney will smile?
An uncomfortable smile when challenged on his public health care scheme in Massachusetts. No bet.
ebuddy
     
Senior User
Join Date: May 2009
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 25, 2011, 03:29 AM
 
Please Hillary, throw your pant suit into the ring.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 19, 2011, 10:26 AM
 
Arizona gov. vetoes presidential 'birther' bill - Yahoo! News
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Monday vetoed a bill that would have required President Barack Obama and other presidential candidates to prove their U.S. citizenship before their names could appear on the state's ballot.

The bill would have made Arizona the first state to pass such a requirement. Opponents had warned the bill would give another black eye to Arizona after last year's controversy over the state's illegal immigration enforcement law.

Brewer said in her veto letter that she was troubled that the bill empowered Arizona's secretary of state to judge the qualifications of all candidates when they file to run for office.
"I do not support designating one person as the gatekeeper to the ballot for a candidate, which could lead to arbitrary or politically motivated decisions," said Brewer, who was secretary of state until she became governor in 2009.

"In addition, I never imagined being presented with a bill that could require candidates for president of the greatest and most powerful nation on Earth to submit their 'early baptismal circumcision certificates' among other records to the Arizona secretary of state," she said. "This is a bridge too far."
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 19, 2011, 08:38 PM
 
Wow, if it's a "bridge too far" for the state of Arizona ...
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 20, 2011, 11:57 AM
 
WASHINGTON–In the continuing controversy surrounding the president's U.S. citizenship, a new fringe group informally known as "Afterbirthers" demanded Monday the authentication of Barack Obama's placenta from his time inside his mother's womb. "All we are asking is that the president produce a sample of his fetal membranes and vessels—preferably along with a photo of the crowning and delivery—and this will all be over," said former presidential candidate and Afterbirthers spokesman Alan Keyes, later adding that his organization would be willing to settle for a half-liter of maternal cord plasma. "To this day, the American people have not seen a cervical mucus plug, let alone one that has been signed and notarized by a state-certified Hawaiian health official. If the president was indeed born in the manner in which he claims, then where is his gestation sac?" Keyes said that if Obama did not soon produce at least a bloody bedsheet from his conception, Afterbirthers would push forward with efforts to exhume the president's deceased mother and inspect the corpse's pelvic bone and birth canal.
Afterbirthers Demand To See Obama's Placenta | The Onion - America's Finest News Source



OAW
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 20, 2011, 12:17 PM
 
Seen this? Probably a little less cheeky than the previous post.

"WHERE'S THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE? The Case that Barack Obama is not Eligible to be President."

DRUDGE: BOOK TO REVEAL OBAMA'S TRUE IDENTITY?
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 20, 2011, 12:52 PM
 
If he had anything substantial, he'd be publishing the book in October 2012.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 20, 2011, 02:17 PM
 
Now is just as good. Maybe we can get to the truth of the biggest liar on the planet.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 20, 2011, 02:19 PM
 
Some of you have a real talent for hyperbole.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 20, 2011, 02:31 PM
 
The book written by the same guy that came up with the Kerry Swift Boat stuff... Buckaroo, I think you should let your brain free every once in a while for a little exercise.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2011, 07:30 AM
 
It all depends on the messenger?
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2011, 08:25 AM
 
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
It all depends on the messenger?
Do you believe anything political that comes out of a known liberal's mouth? Be honest with yourself ... how often do you discount some bit of political information from the Left Wing Liberal Media until you've heard it from a media source that you trust?

OF COURSE it all depends on the messenger when it comes to politics. Messengers have political agendas just as much as anyone and can twist that information to suit their agenda; highlighting certain things to support their agenda, failing to mention things that throw their agenda in doubt, leaving some things vague so that people will jump to a false conclusion without the messenger having to lie. And, the only time any of us complain about judging the message based on the messenger is when it's OUR messenger.
     
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Mar 2011
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2011, 08:46 AM
 
stupendous..Look at it this way..the CIA and Obama are not that close and if there was the slightest chance he was born some where other than the US..the leaks would be all over the place..

JMO
doug
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 09:40 AM
 

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 09:44 AM
 
Satisfied. Thanks.

Seeing how there doesn't seem to be anything controversial in the document, I can't quite figure out why he wouldn't release it in the first place. Unless he just dug in on ALL documents because there's something to hide elsewhere. Why be so secretive? Doesn't make sense. Though, most of what the guy does or chooses to do doesn't make a lot of sense. Par for the course?
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 09:44 AM
 
The timing seems odd. Wouldn't you want to hold that thing to slam down as an "F U" later in the game?
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 09:49 AM
 
Anyway, I can't wait for Trump to claim he caused this.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 09:53 AM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Anyway, I can't wait for Trump to claim he caused this.
Too late. Of course, he's leaving the door open to claiming it's not real:

In a news conference Wednesday morning, Mr. Trump claimed credit for forcing Mr. Obama’s hand, saying that “I feel I’ve accomplished something really, really important.” But he said the document released Wednesday would have to be examined for authenticity.

“I hope it’s the right deal,” he said. “We have to look at it. A lot of people have to look at it. I hope it’s true, and the reason I hope its true is because we have real problems in this country.”
Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate Released - NYTimes.com

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 09:54 AM
 
Dakar: History Psychic
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 10:22 AM
 
Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
Satisfied. Thanks.

Seeing how there doesn't seem to be anything controversial in the document, I can't quite figure out why he wouldn't release it in the first place. Unless he just dug in on ALL documents because there's something to hide elsewhere. Why be so secretive? Doesn't make sense. Though, most of what the guy does or chooses to do doesn't make a lot of sense. Par for the course?
Perhaps it has to do with his mother's age at the time of conception. Her BD is 11/7 and he was born 9 months later, almost to the day. How long before she turned 18 did their relationship begin? (they were married February 2, 1961, so she was already pregnant at that time)
( Last edited by Chongo; Apr 27, 2011 at 10:44 AM. )
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 10:41 AM
 
So can I conclude that the past 8 pages of this thread have been a total waste of everyone's time? WTF.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 10:42 AM
 
Is this birth certificate the right color?
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 10:44 AM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Is this birth certificate the right color?
It's still not a birth certificate. It clearly says certificate of live birth.
     
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: inside 128, north of 90
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 11:16 AM
 
I would have held onto that ace just to drive everyone crazy. Someone must have convinced him to release it so all the frothing gets overwith before the card game.

Then again, this makes sense:

Now, normally I would not comment on something like this, because obviously there’s a lot of stuff swirling in the press on at any given day and I've got other things to do. But two weeks ago, when the Republican House had put forward a budget that will have huge consequences potentially to the country, and when I gave a speech about my budget and how I felt that we needed to invest in education and infrastructure and making sure that we had a strong safety net for our seniors even as we were closing the deficit, during that entire week the dominant news story wasn’t about these huge, monumental choices that we're going to have to make as a nation. It was about my birth certificate. And that was true on most of the news outlets that were represented here.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 11:35 AM
 
Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
So can I conclude that the past 8 pages of this thread have been a total waste of everyone's time? WTF.
That wasn't obvious to you from the beginning?



Looks like an obvious photoshop job to me. Can't you see where the pixels look funny there, there, and there?
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 11:38 AM
 
Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
So can I conclude that the past 8 pages of this thread have been a total waste of everyone's time? WTF.
No. As stupendousman pointed out, now we know that it must be something else that Obama is hiding.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 11:42 AM
 
But where is the placenta!?
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 11:54 AM
 
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
No. As stupendousman pointed out, now we know that it must be something else that Obama is hiding.
Obama spent a considerable amount of time, money and energy trying to keep his (especially this) records hidden.

You don't do that if there's nothing to see. Unless you're just stupid. At this point, I concede that maybe he just really isn't all that bright.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 11:58 AM
 
Yes, Obama spent a considerable amount of money and energy trying to hide this, the same way I spend a lot of money and energy keeping my closet door closed.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Apr 27, 2011, 12:00 PM
 
Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
Obama spent a considerable amount of time, money and energy trying to keep his (especially this) records hidden.
I have yet to see anyone demonstrate that. Most of the figures I've seen cited regarding his legal fees lumped together all of his 2008 presidential campaign related legal expenses (which continued into his first term as these things normally do, since it takes time to officially disband the campaign).
( Last edited by SpaceMonkey; Apr 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM. )

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."
     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2