Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Disposition Matrix

The Disposition Matrix
Thread Tools
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 15, 2013, 09:02 PM
 
****. The Guardian really has a hard-on for us right now.

Obama's secret kill list – the disposition matrix | World news | The Guardian


Short form:

The UK can revoke your citizenship if you have dual-citizenship.

The article goes through four people who got their citizenship revoked, and then got blown away by one of our drones, were renditioned, etc.
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 16, 2013, 02:15 PM
 
Let's try this again.

MI-5 wants to whack one of their own citizens without a trial, but that isn't cricket.

If they leave the country, the Home Office yanks their citizenship.

MI-6 gives us a call.

We assassinate them, because no one here cares if we kill some former Brit with brown skin.


Comments?
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Standing on the shoulders of giants
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 16, 2013, 02:29 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
The UK can revoke your citizenship if you have dual-citizenship.
Not quite.

UK Border Agency | Removal of citizenship obtained fraudulently (Deprivation)
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 16, 2013, 02:41 PM
 
I'm not sure I understand your point.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Standing on the shoulders of giants
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 16, 2013, 05:09 PM
 
The UK does cannot revoke your citizenshipship if you have dual citizenship. They can revoke for other reasons, but not for that.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/br...alnationality/
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 16, 2013, 05:45 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Let's try this again.

MI-5 wants to whack one of their own citizens without a trial, but that isn't cricket.

If they leave the country, the Home Office yanks their citizenship.

MI-6 gives us a call.

We assassinate them, because no one here cares if we kill some former Brit with brown skin.


Comments?
That's pretty gangsta. Are these individuals known terrorists .... or suspected terrorists?

OAW
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 16, 2013, 06:56 PM
 
Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
The UK does cannot revoke your citizenshipship if you have dual citizenship. They can revoke for other reasons, but not for that.

UK Border Agency | Can I be a citizen of two countries?
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Dual citizenship isn't a reason for yanking your citizenship, it's a requirement.

If you don't have dual citizenship, yanking your single citizenship would make you citizenless. I gather that's not allowable under law, even if they have reasons to yank it.

IOW, this trick only works on people with DC.
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 16, 2013, 06:59 PM
 
Originally Posted by OAW View Post
That's pretty gangsta. Are these individuals known terrorists .... or suspected terrorists?

OAW
I gather it's all grey area cases, otherwise they could do it themselves.

When I have a sec, I'll summarize the four cases listed in the article.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Standing on the shoulders of giants
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 17, 2013, 06:19 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Dual citizenship isn't a reason for yanking your citizenship, it's a requirement.

If you don't have dual citizenship, yanking your single citizenship would make you citizenless. I gather that's not allowable under law, even if they have reasons to yank it.

IOW, this trick only works on people with DC.
It doesn't say it on the links that I posted, but IIUC committing treason can also be used to revoke citizenship.

I'll put a bet on that the UK gov can find ANY reason to revoke your citizenship, if it really wants to. Wonder what the legal definition of stateless is.
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 17, 2013, 02:08 PM
 
I think they have to put you on trial and find you guilty of something.

If you're a dualie, they can eliminate that formality.
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 17, 2013, 05:18 PM
 
Going through the people mentioned in the article, and trying to find a little background on them.

The first, Bilal Berjawi was a member of a Somali insurgency al-Shabab. That insurgency is allied with al-Qaeda.

AFAICT, the only thing he did on British soil was to raise funds for al-Shabab.
     
   
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2