Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > This can't be real

This can't be real
Thread Tools
Professional Poster
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maryland
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 13, 2013, 02:10 AM
 
Annapolis Council talks of stripping mayor's power after Republican elected | Fox News



This is my hometown. As someone who voted in that election that the government would strip the power from the people who had just spoken.

This can't be real, right?
     
Ω
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 13, 2013, 04:01 AM
 
As an outsider I can not begin to understand how broken your system of governance is. Seems to be no longer about the good of the people, but more about how we screw over the other party.

If I lived in the States I would lean towards being Democrat, but only because they tend to be the less crazy option (Tea Party I am looking at you). The way it looks at the moment the two party system is taken the US of A into the toilet.

Also after the fact I realised that I clicked on a link to Faux News - one of the biggest reason why the left-right divide exists. The only "news" channel where I feel dumber after the fact.
( Last edited by Ω; Nov 13, 2013 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Faux News = **** you)
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 13, 2013, 06:32 AM
 
Yesterday, the guy you originally floated this withdrew it because of the 80% negative feedback he got. I guess they are finally tired of Democrat games.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 13, 2013, 06:37 AM
 
Originally Posted by Ω View Post
If I lived in the States I would lean towards being Democrat, but only because they tend to be the less crazy option (Tea Party I am looking at you).
Looks like you easily fall for the lefts propaganda.
Do you run all your credit cards to the max, then call the credit card companies and beg them to raise the limits so you can use the money just to pay the interest on those cards? Are you financially irresponsible, living past your means and not even trying to find ways to save money and cut the spending and waste?

T axed
E NOUGH
A lready
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 13, 2013, 08:37 AM
 
Originally Posted by Ω View Post
As an outsider I can not begin to understand how broken your system of governance is. Seems to be no longer about the good of the people, but more about how we screw over the other party.

If I lived in the States I would lean towards being Democrat, but only because they tend to be the less crazy option (Tea Party I am looking at you). The way it looks at the moment the two party system is taken the US of A into the toilet.

Also after the fact I realised that I clicked on a link to Faux News - one of the biggest reason why the left-right divide exists. The only "news" channel where I feel dumber after the fact.
"Only"? Watch some MSNBC or Al-Jazeera America. They're every bit as batshit as Fox.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 13, 2013, 08:46 AM
 
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 13, 2013, 08:47 AM
 
Originally Posted by Ω View Post
As an outsider I can not begin to understand how broken your system of governance is. Seems to be no longer about the good of the people, but more about how we screw over the other party.
We? A curious framing of the issue from an outsider. This is so no matter where you go. Big Labor vs Free market. Add parties all you want, it doesn't matter.

If I lived in the States I would lean towards being Democrat, but only because they tend to be the less crazy option (Tea Party I am looking at you). The way it looks at the moment the two party system is taken the US of A into the toilet.
Riiiiigggghhht. You'd be a Democrat because it's more fashionable, period. After all, the red flags really pop at the Democratic rallies.


Or the Union protests


Also after the fact I realised that I clicked on a link to Faux News - one of the biggest reason why the left-right divide exists. The only "news" channel where I feel dumber after the fact.
Because of course those FB links, HuffPo and Daily Kos articles, and the clown pundits on Comedy Central are so much more sober and informative.
ebuddy
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 13, 2013, 09:09 AM
 
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 13, 2013, 04:24 PM
 
Well that's a new angle for voter suppression
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 13, 2013, 04:35 PM
 
     
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: inside 128, north of 90
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 14, 2013, 02:56 PM
 
Very. Just poorly written, offensive on multiple levels, everything. Who greenlit that?

On topic, snow-i's OP is also a stunner. I have heard of similar things happen elsewhere. How about a council that vows to obstruct any legislation the elected leader is behind, even if it is finding homes for handicapped orphans and neglected puppies?
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 14, 2013, 03:09 PM
 
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Though when you get right down to it, that's like saying "FOX sold more buggy whips than CNN and MSNBC combined".
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 14, 2013, 03:20 PM
 
Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Very. Just poorly written, offensive on multiple levels, everything. Who greenlit that?

On topic, snow-i's OP is also a stunner. I have heard of similar things happen elsewhere. How about a council that vows to obstruct any legislation the elected leader is behind, even if it is finding homes for handicapped orphans and neglected puppies?
Had that happen recently near here, a Dem was elected as a county commissioner and is being blocked. I doubt she could pass an ordinance to save a box of kittens right now.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 15, 2013, 05:58 PM
 
Thought I'd throw in my Obama supporter, masters degree in women's studies ex thinks these are horrid too.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 16, 2013, 09:11 AM
 
Can't help but think those of you condemning the events in the OP wouldn't have a thing to say if it was Republicans doing it to a Democrat.

Also while I find it odd those ads got approved, referring to them as a "Democrat war on women" is laughable.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 16, 2013, 10:31 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Though when you get right down to it, that's like saying "FOX sold more buggy whips than CNN and MSNBC combined".
What are your preferred sources of news?
ebuddy
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 16, 2013, 12:14 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Can't help but think those of you condemning the events in the OP wouldn't have a thing to say if it was Republicans doing it to a Democrat.

Also while I find it odd those ads got approved, referring to them as a "Democrat war on women" is laughable.
Always making the assumption you can read minds? Incorrect assumption.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 16, 2013, 01:04 PM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
What are your preferred sources of news?
Google, Twitter, and reddit (though not r/politics).

These tell me a news story exists. From there, the more I want to consider myself informed, the closer I need to get to the primary source.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 16, 2013, 01:32 PM
 
That said, I'll take FOX over HuffPo.

Comparatively speaking, FOX is classy.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 16, 2013, 01:51 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Also while I find it odd those ads got approved, referring to them as a "Democrat war on women" is laughable.
"Waragainstwomen" is extreme, but what is happening here is pretty common.

Whomever made this (man or woman) has severe issues with women.

I'll bet you 100 fake Internet dollars this person has no realization of this fact, in part or in full, because that's the "other party's problem".
     
   
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2