Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Secret Service Shenanigans

Secret Service Shenanigans
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2013, 01:11 PM

Two Secret Service agents are cut from Obama’s detail after alleged misconduct - The Washington Post

Secret Service dude (Presidential detail this time) allegedly tried to B&E into a woman's hotel room, because he left a bullet in there.

There also seems to be sexual harassment involved.

Why the sudden inability to keep shit secret?

Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Two Secret Service agents are cut from Obama’s detail after alleged misconduct - The Washington Post

Secret Service dude (Presidential detail this time) allegedly tried to B&E into a woman's hotel room, because he left a bullet in there.

There also seems to be sexual harassment involved.

Why the sudden inability to keep shit secret?
I think you're starting to see the administration lose control to a degree of the message they're sending to the population. As such, individuals are jumping off the ship betting that it's going down. Basically, CYA and then some. Of course, I'm purely speculating here, so don't roast me over the coals for not really being able to back it up.

Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2013, 01:29 PM

The NSA?

Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2013, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
The NSA?
I'm not sure Obama has direct control over the NSA. I envision more of a proxy type command and control to keep Obama from catching the blame for mini scandal after mini scandal. As long as he can throw his hands up in the air and say "I didn't know" Obama will never have to answer directly to the population for the misdeeds of his administration. I believe this is by design (and can you blame him? I mean yes, but only if you take him for his word on the campaign trail). Is he aware of what's going on? Yes. But you'll never be able to prove it without commandeering the NSA and taking the whole thing public.

Administrator
Nov 14, 2013, 02:00 PM

We pay handsomely for government. It should be entertaining.

Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
I think you're starting to see the administration lose control to a degree of the message they're sending to the population. As such, individuals are jumping off the ship betting that it's going down. Basically, CYA and then some. Of course, I'm purely speculating here, so don't roast me over the coals for not really being able to back it up.
It's all unraveling as more people lose respect for Obama, IMO, we're set to see some pretty wild shit over the next few years. Buckle your seatbelts!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2013, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Buckle your seatbelts!
Or face a fine.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2013, 04:41 PM

Wait. The Secret Service (must resist temptation to abbreviate that "SS"), have lost respect for Obama, so they've started leaving bullets lying around?

Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Wait. The Secret Service (must resist temptation to abbreviate that "SS"), have lost respect for Obama, so they've started leaving bullets lying around?
So, I'm saying more people are willing to talk to the press about the Obama's admin's dirt.

Forum Links
Forum Rules