Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Back for the Attack: Neo-Progressive Skullduggery 2.0

Back for the Attack: Neo-Progressive Skullduggery 2.0 (Page 10)
Thread Tools
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 08:52 AM
 
The young liberal stooges are trying to be hypocrites? Sadly, this is the social damage that liberal indoctrination causes. You have worthless people, unable to think clearly, and show tolerance of others views. Add in that immaturity factor and you have kids who will be living in mommies basement until they are in their 40's.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 10:20 AM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Those tolerant free speech loving snowflakes are trying to burn down UC Berkeley because Milo was going to give a presention on defying political correctness.

UC Berkeley cancels Milo Yiannopoulos event amid violent protest - SFGate
Riot Forces Cancellation Of Yiannopoulos Talk At UC Berkeley « CBS San Francisco
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
The young liberal stooges are trying to be hypocrites? Sadly, this is the social damage that liberal indoctrination causes. You have worthless people, unable to think clearly, and show tolerance of others views. Add in that immaturity factor and you have kids who will be living in mommies basement until they are in their 40's.
Unreal. Where are the police, campus or otherwise? Sheltering in place?


"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 10:52 AM
 
I can post pictures too.





     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 11:00 AM
 
Neither strikes me as acceptable.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 11:26 AM
 
With free speech being forcibly assaulted on college campuses, it's time for the feds to suspend all financial support and protections. A gov't supported entity that does not respect the 1A does not deserve this country's tax money.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 12:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
I can post pictures too.





Any of those recent?
BTW, you forgot a pic of George Tillman.
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 12:12 PM
 
Imagine thinking its somehow OK to kill what might have been your children. Yet another reason liberal indoctrination is bad.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 02:42 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
With free speech being forcibly assaulted on college campuses, it's time for the feds to suspend all financial support and protections. A gov't supported entity that does not respect the 1A does not deserve this country's tax money.
Its not that entity doing the disrespecting.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 02:50 PM
 
So WAS, what examples? I know the "News" you get is pretty close to liberal BS, by do try.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 03:43 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Neither strikes me as acceptable.
Neither are even remotely so. And neither are even remotely indicative of the larger movements these degenerate are on the fringes of. My (perhaps too subtle point) is that trying to condemn all people of a particular political stripe by the actions of the worst of them is dishonest.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 03:45 PM
 
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Any of those recent?
I imagine some are a bit old. Does your objection to the use of historical wrongdoings mean you are going to stop defending you man Trump but posting about barely relevant things Clinton did 16+ years ago?
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 03:56 PM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
trying to condemn all people of a particular political stripe by the actions of the worst of them is dishonest.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 05:14 PM
 
Busy day so I'm just going to drop this off for now, Phil knocks it out of the park.

"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 05:19 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Its not that entity doing the disrespecting.
Many (100+) faculty were directly involved and the campus police did not try to insure the rights of the students to peacefully assemble. Either they cut those faculty loose and expel those students (1000+) and ban them from the school, or they lose their funds. That's the only way to curb these types of violent demonstrations.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 05:32 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Busy day so I'm just going to drop this off for now, Phil knocks it out of the park.

A: Does Phil work for Reuters or the AP?
B: Did you actually watch the video? Of course you didn't. He spends almost as much time talking about how stupid and unjustified Trump's, Milo's, and your idea to cut off Federal Funding to UC Berkley is as he did talking about the horrible actions of SOME of the protestors.

Have you ever actually posted something that supports your position?
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 06:45 PM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
A: Does Phil work for Reuters or the AP?
B: Did you actually watch the video? Of course you didn't. He spends almost as much time talking about how stupid and unjustified Trump's, Milo's, and your idea to cut off Federal Funding to UC Berkley is as he did talking about the horrible actions of SOME of the protestors.

Have you ever actually posted something that supports your position?
You have to actually possess the intellectual depth to read beyond the headline in order to do that. CTP is far more interested in trolling than substantive discussion. Which is why he continues with such shenanigans even after being called out for it again and again.

OAW
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 09:39 PM
 
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
So WAS, what examples? I know the "News" you get is pretty close to liberal BS, by do try.
Examples of what? I'm not following you.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 09:50 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Many (100+) faculty were directly involved and the campus police did not try to insure the rights of the students to peacefully assemble. Either they cut those faculty loose and expel those students (1000+) and ban them from the school, or they lose their funds. That's the only way to curb these types of violent demonstrations.
No university is going to expel 1000 students in one go.

Clearly the threats to public safety outweighed the importance of a few assholes listening to a pompous douchebag. I would imagine with the huge sums paid in school fees, you need to have some kind of evidence to justify expulsions. Maybe not if its just an individual or two, but 1000 is a class action so you need to be sure you're going to win. Maybe they will yet expel the ones the real police decided to arrest and charge or maybe they will be reasonable about it.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 02:43 AM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
A: Does Phil work for Reuters or the AP?
I watch him for entertainment, he's funny. Do you ever watch stuff for entertainment? I guess not.

B: Did you actually watch the video? Of course you didn't. He spends almost as much time talking about how stupid and unjustified Trump's, Milo's, and your idea to cut off Federal Funding to UC Berkley is as he did talking about the horrible actions of SOME of the protestors.
Oh no, he and I don't agree on every point at the time the video was made? However, he's still much more on point than you and the rest of `NN Marxist brigade will ever be. Along with Dave Rubin, he's part of what I call the "rational Left", perhaps you could investigate their views and become a better person?

Have you ever actually posted something that supports your position?
It supports most of my position, but that's only because when he posted that he hadn't heard most of the facts yet.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 02:43 AM
 
Originally Posted by OAW View Post
You have to actually possess the intellectual depth to read beyond the headline in order to do that. CTP is far more interested in trolling than substantive discussion. Which is why he continues with such shenanigans even after being called out for it again and again.
Troll on, my dude.

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
No university is going to expel 1000 students in one go.

Clearly the threats to public safety outweighed the importance of a few assholes listening to a pompous douchebag. I would imagine with the huge sums paid in school fees, you need to have some kind of evidence to justify expulsions. Maybe not if its just an individual or two, but 1000 is a class action so you need to be sure you're going to win. Maybe they will yet expel the ones the real police decided to arrest and charge or maybe they will be reasonable about it.
Then they have the freedom to choose, rioters or federal funds. That's not unreasonable.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 05:41 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Then they have the freedom to choose, rioters or federal funds. That's not unreasonable.

Its completely unreasonable.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 06:47 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
I watch him for entertainment, he's funny. Do you ever watch stuff for entertainment? I guess not.
Of course I do. I just tend not to post links to in on a political discussion board. But if I was to, I would actually watch the whole thing to ensure it did not, yet again, DIRECTLY CONTRADICT a point I was trying make. Because that would make me look like a moron.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
However, he's still much more on point than you and the rest of `NN Marxist brigade will ever be.
One of the differences between you and me is that you like to hurl playground insults at me for what you think I believe. I mock you for being a tier 1 liar and and being that rare but frightful combination of ignorant and wildly arrogant. A trait you share with our new president.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
It supports most of my position, but that's only because when he posted that he hadn't heard most of the facts yet.
This may surprise you, but you are not exactly out on a limb to point out that random, unchecked violence and chaos in opposition to free speech is a bad thing. It's kind of like feeling insightful because you had noticed kittens are cute.

Where you are going out on a limb is with your position that UCB should lose federal funding, which the video YOU POSTED clearly points out is a stupid and counter productive idea.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 05:29 AM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Its completely unreasonable.
Not even. Campus police could have gotten in front of it early, but under orders they were told to stand down and not interfere, even when the property damage started, not until it was far too late and both the police and sheriffs dpts were on the scene. Until these, all-too-frequent, riots are quelled, there should be very serious reprisals for not upholding individual freedoms, and the only way to do that in a way these coddled snowflakes will understand is to take their toys away until they learn to behave and demonstrate peacefully.

Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
Of course I do. I just tend not to post links to in on a political discussion board. But if I was to, I would actually watch the whole thing to ensure it did not, yet again, DIRECTLY CONTRADICT a point I was trying make. Because that would make me look like a moron.
One thing he said was contradictory out of an 11 min video. Are you done with the hyperbole, or are you going to double down on that absurdity? You don't need help for the last part, there, your views reveal it to all.

One of the differences between you and me is that you like to hurl playground insults at me for what you think I believe. I mock you for being a tier 1 liar and and being that rare but frightful combination of ignorant and wildly arrogant. A trait you share with our new president.
Pfftt, our fighting began because you can't keep from hurling insults, it's the air you breathe. You and your Leftist ideologue friends make even Trump seem reasonable, and that's why you've lost every branch of gov't now, and aren't likely to get them back any time soon.

This may surprise you, but you are not exactly out on a limb to point out that random, unchecked violence and chaos in opposition to free speech is a bad thing. It's kind of like feeling insightful because you had noticed kittens are cute.
Actually it is, it's like feeling that common sense is now a superpower, given the utter lack of it in the MSM and your party. Until you step up and denounce your radicals who are blocking reasonable discussion and excise them from your group, you'll never be in power again, I promise you.

Where you are going out on a limb is with your position that UCB should lose federal funding, which the video YOU POSTED clearly points out is a stupid and counter productive idea.
The stupid and counterproductive idea is that Trump and the people on the Right being protested are "Nazis", racists, or fascists, they aren't. If you can't talk without lying while spewing anger and venom, then take a long look in the mirror, the guy looking back is the problem.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 07:10 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
One thing he said was contradictory out of an 11 min video. Are you done with the hyperbole, or are you going to double down on that absurdity? You don't need help for the last part, there, your views reveal it to all.
This is a complete mischaracterisation of reality, either because you still haven't actually watched the video (completely possible) or you are, once again, lying (also completely possible). He only talks about the riot for the first 6 min of the video. He first states his opposition to defunding UCB 1:11 min in (still in his introduction), and speaks exclusive about the idiocy of your idea from 3:38-5:58. Almost half of his commentary about the event is in direct opposition to your position. So which aspect of your character is on display here? Your inability to properly asses sources or your lack of honesty?
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Pfftt, our fighting began because you can't keep from hurling insults, it's the air you breathe.
This is another lie. Our feud began because I questioned (here) some extraordinary claims you made about weapons availability in the UK, something I know quite a lot about. I questioned your claims and asked for evidence to back them up. You started attacking my character and hurling insults instead of addressing my questions. While I calmly pushed for ANYTHING to back up your claims, you became more enraged, hurled more insults along with more wild claims that were, quite transparently, lies. It's your complete MO- assert something wildly inaccurate with the fervour of the righteous, than attack and insult anyone who dares ask you to back up your nonsense with evidence. The actions and attitude of a troll, a fantasist, or just a garden variety liar. I'm still not sure which you are- the evidence seems to fit all three fairly equally.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Actually it is, it's like feeling that common sense is now a superpower, given the utter lack of it in the MSM and your party. Until you step up and denounce your radicals who are blocking reasonable discussion and excise them from your group, you'll never be in power again, I promise you.
I have no problem denouncing the rioters. They are counter-productive idiots. I'm also smart enough to know they are a tiny minority, just as the women's clinic bombers and shooters are not representative of the pro-life movement.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
The stupid and counterproductive idea is that Trump and the people on the Right being protested are "Nazis", racists, or fascists, they aren't. If you can't talk without lying while spewing anger and venom, then take a long look in the mirror, the guy looking back is the problem.
It's interesting, I've never called you a facist or a Nazi- I think I one time pointed out that one of your 'so-called rape victims are usually lying' rants as misogynistic, but I don't think I've ever called you a racist.

Whereas you have called me all manner of names based on what you believe are my political leanings. With the possible exception of BadKosh, you are the leading name-caller on the board. Your inability to argue rationally with evidence has left you with only two weapons in your arsenal- lies and insults.

The real shame is that your insults (or lies for that matter) are not even clever. At least make an attempt to entertain us.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 10:48 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Not even. Campus police could have gotten in front of it early, but under orders they were told to stand down and not interfere, even when the property damage started, not until it was far too late and both the police and sheriffs dpts were on the scene. Until these, all-too-frequent, riots are quelled, there should be very serious reprisals for not upholding individual freedoms, and the only way to do that in a way these coddled snowflakes will understand is to take their toys away until they learn to behave and demonstrate peacefully.

All the reports say numerous dispersion orders were issued. I found one RW blog saying it was the Mayor and the city PD who were standing off. I'm sure you know better though. They probably call you before they do anything just to make sure you're the first to know.


Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
The stupid and counterproductive idea is that Trump and the people on the Right being protested are "Nazis", racists, or fascists, they aren't. If you can't talk without lying while spewing anger and venom, then take a long look in the mirror, the guy looking back is the problem.

Trump and his regime are fascists. Its plain and simple and obvious. Just because you don't like the idea that your guys were stupid enough to install a fascist regime, won't stop it being true.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 12:54 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Trump and his regime are fascists. Its plain and simple and obvious. Just because you don't like the idea that your guys were stupid enough to install a fascist regime, won't stop it being true.
Remember folks, what's most scary about Trump is his coherent ideology.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 01:28 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Remember folks, what's most scary about Trump is his coherent ideology.
While I course recognise the sarcasm here, two things.

1. His ideology seems to bar far from coherent. There are inconstancies galore between what he says, what his staff claims he meant, and what actually seems to be happening. Chaos and inconsistency seem to be hallmarks of his administration at this point.

2. I've heard it argued again and again that 'he's just doing what he promised in his campaign, and he won, so lump it.' But that's not, strictly speaking, accurate. SOME things he's done exactly as promised. Most things have been a pretty big variation (Repealing Obamacare on day 1, making Mexico pay for the wall, banning ALL Muslims form entering the country), and some have been in direct contrast to what he promised - holding Wall Street to account for example.

3. But most importantly, it would seem you are giving him carte blanche to take any action as long as it is consistent with his professed ideology. That's scary, regardless of the person OR the ideology.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 05:58 PM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
Chaos and inconsistency seem to be hallmarks of his administration at this point.
I would agree, and say that doesn't really fit the definition of fascism.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 12:01 AM
 
Theres the mindless nationalism, blaming and persecuting minorities and when you see how he wields orders and his attitude to being challenged by anyone, including the judiciary. That fits fascism. There is also a lot of white supremacy lurking beneath the surface of it all.

I read one theory that said Trump is basically the puppet of the evangelicals. Its starting to look more and more true what with the rumours about churches being allowed to make political endorsements and general erosion of the separation of church and state. Makes me think if he doesn't get bored embezzling from the public coffers or manage to get himself impeached, the evangelicals will decide to get rid of him themselves. You're going to end up with a theocracy if you don't watch out.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 10:07 AM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
and when you see how he wields orders and his attitude to being challenged by anyone, including the judiciary.
Let's just take this point for the moment, because it's a new one.

We're going to need to come up with a corollary to Hanlon's razor along the lines of "do not attribute to fascism that which can more easily attributed to Trump's utter cluelessness".

Has Trump given even the slightest impression he understands how American government functions?
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 01:12 PM
 
The MSM are a step behind on this one, but it appears that at least one rioter was indeed a member of the UCB staff: FIRST ON TRR: A UC Berkeley Rioter Has Been Exposed, & He's a University Staff Member!

Waiting for credentialed people to verify, but if true it's time to crack down on schools who employ such people. Suspend federal funds? If they don't clean up their act? Absolutely. Trump isn't a fascist, evidence is showing the authoritarians and enemies to civil liberties are from the Left.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 01:23 PM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
This is a complete mischaracterisation of reality,
You have no basis for this claim and now high ground to stand on.

This is another lie.
Where was the first? Our "fight" started because you're a nasty character.
I have no problem denouncing the rioters. They are counter-productive idiots. I'm also smart enough to know they are a tiny minority, just as the women's clinic bombers and shooters are not representative of the pro-life movement.
Not so tiny anymore, each "protest" by the Left is becoming larger and more violent. This will not stand.

It's interesting, I've never called you a facist or a Nazi- I think I one time pointed out that one of your 'so-called rape victims are usually lying' rants as misogynistic, but I don't think I've ever called you a racist.
Are you a demonstrator and when did I say they were attacking me? What are you going on about?

Whereas you have called me all manner of names based on what you believe are my political leanings. With the possible exception of BadKosh, you are the leading name-caller on the board. Your inability to argue rationally with evidence has left you with only two weapons in your arsenal- lies and insults.
You're reality distortion field is on max now, as evidenced by your above comment you only see what you want and what it's the Narrative.

The real shame is that your insults (or lies for that matter) are not even clever. At least make an attempt to entertain us.
You're hardly ever clever, only hateful and angry, and you distort reality as it suits you. It's a shame that so many Leftists an this forum can't even have a debate w/o dragging up personal shit in every thread, but I suppose that's the last resort for a losing cause. Yet again, you'll never regain power in America until you come to grips with the deep flaws in your own ideology.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 01:43 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
You have no basis for this claim and now high ground to stand on.
Everyone of my specific claims I backed up with evidence. You've supplied none. As for documenting each of your transparent lies and name-calling, it would take far too long.

You can keep pretending I started our feud, but I posted exactly where it started, and it was with you attacking me and my character for questioning your extraordinary claims about weapons availability in the UK. In that orginal thread, I even summarised your name calling and petulant attacks:

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants (demonstrating actual lather and ad hominem attacks)
-I posted a link, I'm guessing in your lather and outrage you missed it.
-Strawman (another).
-You're normally this upset and aggressive? Gosh.
-I'm fascinated that the Left can't stay on a thread topic and ultimately just resort to trying to tear down the person they're arguing with. For all the world it looks like they simply can't argue without fully resorting to ad hominems and mischaracterizations (so many in Paco's post I threw up my hands in disgust). Is your position that weak? Hmm.
-Yep, it's like trying to talk to teenagers.
-He posts that after having a 2 day tantrum. Geez.
These were all you lashing out at me instead providing evidence for your wild claims. Because they was none. Because you are a liar.

If I'm incorrect about the above, link to it and prove me wrong. I expect all you will do is claim I'm wrong and call me names.

I don't dislike you because of your politics, I find the way you speak about and directly to people that disagree with you disgusting. I don't call you a liar because I disagree with your ideology, it's because you constantly lie.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 02:05 PM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
Everyone of my specific claims I backed up with evidence. You've supplied none. As for documenting each of your transparent lies and name-calling, it would take far too long.

You can keep pretending I started our feud, but I posted exactly where it started, and it was with you attacking me and my character for questioning your extraordinary claims about weapons availability in the UK. In that orginal thread, I even summarised your name calling and petulant attacks:

These were all you lashing out at me instead providing evidence for your wild claims. Because they was none. Because you are a liar.
Nope. I even urged you at the time to calm down way back when (LONG before the occurrences you're citing now, conveniently), but you've done nothing but spew venom ever since. You know it, you're the one lying. Get a grip.

I don't dislike you because of your politics, I find the way you speak about and directly to people that disagree with you disgusting. I don't call you a liar because I disagree with your ideology, it's because you constantly lie.
The irony here is off the scale, again, you're the second worst liar I know on this forum, only bested by another of your ideological brothers. Someone of your ilk calling me a liar, and constantly attacking me, actually makes me feel better.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 02:53 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Nope. I even urged you at the time to calm down way back when (LONG before the occurrences you're citing now, conveniently), but you've done nothing but spew venom ever since. You know it, you're the one lying. Get a grip.
This is true. You asked me to calm down because I (without rage or upset) asked for evidence of your wild claims. Just because you ask a calm, rational, person to calm down it does not mean they were the one starting something. Link to or quote one line in that thread that shows me doing anything other than asking you to provide evidence- I bet you can't.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
The irony here is off the scale, again, you're the second worst liar I know on this forum, only bested by another of your ideological brothers. Someone of your ilk calling me a liar, and constantly attacking me, actually makes me feel better.
Quote somewhere I have lied. Anywhere. I bet you can't. I've made mistakes, and when I do and it's been pointed out, I apologise- even recently to you. That's not lying. Pretending a random person offered you a gun right off the plane at Heathrow is a lie. Pretending to have a DVD with copies of all newspapers for the last 100 years (or what ever the claim was) is a lie. Pretending to own a castle in Scotland is a lie. Pretending you have a Ph.D. and that you have published scholarly papers is a lie. Pretending to be a big-time financial backer of Axanar and further pretending is was already filmed is a lie. Pretending to have started multiple charities is a lie.

Pretending that I 'started it' is a lie.

Again, you are either a troll, a fantasist, or a garden variety liar. One of them has to be true.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 6, 2017, 01:38 AM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
This is true. You asked me to calm down because I (without rage or upset) asked for evidence of your wild claims.
That's a lie. You were seething and in full-on attack mode (because you're naturally a very angry, hateful person, like most other ideologues).

Quote somewhere I have lied.
The above, for starters. Wow, that didn't take long at all.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 6, 2017, 06:47 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
That's a lie. You were seething and in full-on attack mode (because you're naturally a very angry, hateful person, like most other ideologues).

The above, for starters. Wow, that didn't take long at all.
You do understand what 'quote' means, don't you? I'm not sure you do.

Read this and try again.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 6, 2017, 07:51 AM
 
Can this train wreck of a thread be brought to focus with this single question?

Is empathy, as sloppy, imperfect, misdirected, and politicized as it can be better than a lack of empathy?
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 6, 2017, 09:38 AM
 
Everyone is going to give the same answer, so I question what insight is to be gained.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 6, 2017, 02:31 PM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
You do understand what 'quote' means, don't you? I'm not sure you do.

Read this and try again.
Do you know what "anger management" means? You should seek it out, because you have some of the worst I've ever seen. It doesn't help that you live in denial that you started this "feud".
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 11, 2017, 04:16 PM
 
Dave Rubin, a well known Progressive commentator (formerly of The Young Turks), sums up what has happened to the Left and why he's abandoned it:

"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 3, 2017, 01:24 PM
 
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 3, 2017, 01:47 PM
 
Liberals live in a dream world. This is why they so easily fall for fictional movies and thinking its real.

They should all dress like Tarkin.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 3, 2017, 02:21 PM
 
From the letter...

"We have since been informed of the origin of this word [stormtrooper] and its connections to early- to mid-20th century Germany. This is something neither we or anyone on the planning committee was aware of."

That's some ****ing Ivy Legue shit right there.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2017, 02:36 AM
 
Free speech means Free speech:



Vernaculis has become one of my favorite classical liberal commentators, the guy hits it out of the park every single time.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UKland
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2017, 08:15 AM
 
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Liberals live in a dream world. This is why they so easily fall for fictional movies and thinking its real.

They should all dress like Tarkin.
You really only deal in absolutes don't you? Weird.

A glance through history shows us how nasty and tyrannical the left can get. Communist party member George Orwell (remember him?) travelled to Spain and put his life on the line to fight with the communists against the fascists. While there he discovered just how unpleasant his fellow communists could be. On his return he renounced the communist party but never lost faith in socialism and his desire for the best for the many. This is because he was a liberal.

Taking control of a state, subjecting its inhabitants to terror and persecution when they fail to fall in line is as much "liberal" as facist equates to republican.

Your black and white world view is completely unhelpful, has zero intellectual honesty and reflects nothing of the real world or the views of the millions of people who join movements and try to effect change.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UKland
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2017, 08:23 AM
 
The Empire is a fictionalised depiction of the perfect fascist state. The desire to make life better through order, and the burning conviction in any ends justifying the means. IN A FANTASY FILM!

Being this stupid undermines the times when action to protect persecuted parties IS justified. And banning stormtrooper costume is immensely stupid.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2017, 08:25 AM
 
Black and white , or precise? What exact shade of gray are we talking about. You overthink things until its too fuzzy to resolve.
     
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UKland
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2017, 08:25 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
From the letter...

"We have since been informed of the origin of this word [stormtrooper] and its connections to early- to mid-20th century Germany. This is something neither we or anyone on the planning committee was aware of."

That's some ****ing Ivy Legue shit right there.
Yes, they seem to have been missing that connection since 1976!

Apart from the concept of Stormtroopers predating Nazi Germany by 10 years, having evolved during WW1 not 2.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 14, 2017, 09:20 AM
 
Has anyone else noticed that its apparently fine for the right to label liberals as all being SJW snowflakes who need safe spaces, but its not ok for us to assume they are all barely literate inbred redneck misogynist Fox News watching klan members with gun fetishes?
Double standard much?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2