Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > So, any concerns right-wingers? (Apparently none at all.)

So, any concerns right-wingers? (Apparently none at all.) (Page 2)
Thread Tools
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 01:20 PM
 
The problem is the left is in denial that the MSM lied to them and they were gullible and naive and they fell for it. They are still in denial that the MSM COULD HAVE LIED, even when you can hear them say it! Liberals are bad judges of others character. They fall for any smarmy liar. They still haven't grasped the fact that the MSM is still lying, and still trying to get the country to riot. USC Berkley is a prime example of emotion driven liberal ignorance and immaturity. Afraid of words? You lefties need to fix that FAST! Right now, everything you know is wrong!
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 01:27 PM
 
I haven't done a thorough investigation, but I got the impression things were more or less fine, then what sound to me like anarchist types came by and did their anarchy shit.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 02:06 PM
 
Add in the ignorant, hate filled rants and threats by the Hollyweird lefties and the news readers propaganda, and its easy to understand how pathetic the left is right now. They don't see the cause or effect. After Soros and his sons end up a few bullets heavier this crap may wind down. How does the radical left see itself calling for MORE lawbreaking? Sounds like the end for liberals.
     
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: inside 128, north of 90
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 02:08 PM
 
No Badkosh, we've heard your rants against the lefties before. The thread is, does anything Trump does concern you? None of his policies? Selling national parks? Letting the coal industry dump in rivers again? Nothing? Or are you all in, no matter what he does?
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 02:55 PM
 
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
The problem is the left is in denial that the MSM lied to them and they were gullible and naive and they fell for it. They are still in denial that the MSM COULD HAVE LIED, even when you can hear them say it! Liberals are bad judges of others character.
Lied about what exactly? That Trump couldn't win? Is this about the polls being wrong? The polls were wrong because Trump voters knew enough to be ashamed about who and what they voted for so they lied.

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
They fall for any smarmy liar.
Conservative hypocrisy has long passed some kind of critical mass but this coming from someone who was duped by Trump into thinking him presidential, honest and in any way loyal or useful to anyone but himself comes pretty close to being noticeably worse.


Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
news readers propaganda
You think the newsreaders are the ones writing the news stories? Bless.


Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Sounds like the end for liberals.
Fantasise much? Whats that faint slapping sound I can hear?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 02:59 PM
 
Something's fishy about the coal thing.

The EPA says the new regulations would have had negligible impact on industry profits. That means what they were doing couldn't have been all that bad.

If, more likely, they would cause significant impact, then there's an argument to be made for the compromise of continuing to use the regulations we had in place a scant two months ago.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 03:08 PM
 
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
After Soros and his sons end up a few bullets heavier this crap may wind down.
Don't you criticize the left for being violent?
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 03:10 PM
 
Hey, where's and.reg at? He was pretty excited to see the end of the status quo.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 03:54 PM
 
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Liberals are bad judges of others character. They fall for any smarmy liar.
Here's a fun test - tell me about Trump's character. Tell me about his honesty and the frequency with which he makes objectively false statements (aka lies). This will be easy for you to do because you're not a liberal so you are a good judge of character.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 07:15 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
The Tea Party was in internecine fight, no?

How does that translate to a cross-aisle battle?
I'm not sure I follow, but my gut reaction is semantics are about to come into play.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 08:09 PM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Here's a fun test - tell me about Trump's character. Tell me about his honesty and the frequency with which he makes objectively false statements (aka lies). This will be easy for you to do because you're not a liberal so you are a good judge of character.
Yeah BadKosh, this is a reasonable request. It shouldn't be terribly challenging for you since you are not a liberal, so I hope you will humor us.
     
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 09:04 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
The Tea Party was in internecine fight, no?
Yes, their influence was and is destructive for governance, but at the same time they were very successful at the ballot boxes: Tea party candidates successfully took on what were mainstream Republicans in primaries. That then meant that Republican candidates had to play nice with this small, but vocal part of their constituency.

The same holds now: Tump appealed to voters whose opinions do not square with what used to be then traditional Republican values. If you said 4 years ago that a Republican President would kill off TPP, TTIP and openly admire Vladimir Putin, they would have said that you were crazy and idiotic.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 10:49 PM
 
And Democrats flaming out will affect this how?
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2017, 11:11 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I'm not sure I follow, but my gut reaction is semantics are about to come into play.
Here was the Tea Party argument:

I'm so angry at how the Republicans suck, elect me and watch how Republican I am.


Here is the Democrat argument:

I'm so angry at how the Republicans suck, elect me and watch how Democratic I am.


One of these arguments worked on Republicans, the other I'm not so sure.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 03:03 AM
 
Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
The promises themselves have been grossly abnormal and recklessly childish, both as empty campaign bluster and as literal policy proposals. Before the election, Trump supporters could too-easily dismiss the unsavory components of his chatter, the same way you just did, believing it was all symbolic and that he wouldn't be stupid enough to try to really do it. People objected six months ago and it was dismissed as campaign-style hyperbole. People object now and you claim they should have believed in the campaign promises literally?
The fact you think they're so "unsavory" is comical, since his actions aren't so different from previous administrations (if at all). The outrage and indignation from the hard Left, just because a Repub is doing Repub things, has been a hoot.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 03:05 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
I haven't done a thorough investigation, but I got the impression things were more or less fine, then what sound to me like anarchist types came by and did their anarchy shit.
but then the "peaceful" demonstrators stopped being peaceful too. Were they simply swept up by how they truly felt and let themselves be carried along?
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 03:07 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Something's fishy about the coal thing.

The EPA says the new regulations would have had negligible impact on industry profits.
I'm getting the feeling that was hotly contested with the companies essentially saying they were "full of shit". Wouldn't be the first time.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 06:59 AM
 
Clumsy talk with Australia a concern?

All of this false talk about election voter fraud?

If you have justifications for both of these at this rate we'll have new issues to append to this list within a few days. Perhaps sooner or later you'll feel a sense of concern.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 09:58 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Here was the Tea Party argument:

I'm so angry at how the Republicans suck, elect me and watch how Republican I am.


Here is the Democrat argument:

I'm so angry at how the Republicans suck, elect me and watch how Democratic I am.


One of these arguments worked on Republicans, the other I'm not so sure.
From my perspective it was more general. Tea party was railing against the government in general and used the anger to get elected. That's what I see the democrats trying to do now. The question is whether they can keep this kind of energy until 2018.
     
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: inside 128, north of 90
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 10:36 AM
 
I know, I know, let's rescind the law that makes it bad to sell guns to known crazy persons! Stupid Obama!
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 10:51 AM
 
Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I know, I know, let's rescind the law that makes it bad to sell guns to known crazy persons! Stupid Obama!
Listen, these kind of regulations are unpopular. Only 70% of the country believes in sensible gun control.
     
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 3, 2017, 08:38 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
And Democrats flaming out will affect this how?
You are conflating incumbents with the base. Political representatives are hearing much more often from their constituents, I see phone numbers a of the offices of Members of Congress posted on Twitter all the time now. Given that Trump's policies fan the flames, I find it quite likely that this is the beginning of a sustained movement.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 02:47 AM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
From my perspective it was more general. Tea party was railing against the government in general and used the anger to get elected. That's what I see the democrats trying to do now. The question is whether they can keep this kind of energy until 2018.
The Tea Party did the opposite of getting themselves elected nationally for two cycles, and then when they had the chance to be the deciding factor, they got showed-up by a frog cartoon.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 02:53 AM
 
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
You are conflating incumbents with the base. Political representatives are hearing much more often from their constituents, I see phone numbers a of the offices of Members of Congress posted on Twitter all the time now. Given that Trump's policies fan the flames, I find it quite likely that this is the beginning of a sustained movement.
Republican politicians don't listen to calls from their Democratic constituents.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 05:38 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Republican politicians don't listen to calls from their Democratic constituents.
and why would they? Right now it's mostly cursing and crying while they run around screaming that the sky is falling.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 10:15 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
and why would they? Right now it's mostly cursing and crying while they run around screaming that the sky is falling.
This sounds suspiciously like one of those statements that you would insist was qualified by the addition of "In my opinion" if anyone else said it.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 10:55 AM
 
So what happened to all of the pro-constitution Republicans out there?

Trump's VISA ban was overturned on the basis of violating the constitution. You can't think the constitution is great because of the second amendment while being against it because it conflicts with Trump's executive order.

This is going to be a rough 4 years for you Trump voters.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 01:06 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
This sounds suspiciously like one of those statements that you would insist was qualified by the addition of "In my opinion" if anyone else said it.
Is there some comparable example of the left losing their shit the way they have lately?
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 01:12 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
So what happened to all of the pro-constitution Republicans out there?

Trump's VISA ban was overturned on the basis of violating the constitution. You can't think the constitution is great because of the second amendment while being against it because it conflicts with Trump's executive order.

This is going to be a rough 4 years for you Trump voters.
While I prefer a much more open stance on immigration, the Constitution can be a harsh mistress. Whether his EO is actually Constitutional or not is up for debate unless the SCOTUS makes a call. I certainly don't have the lawyer chops to make one. The legal considerations in question are not all front and center like with an amendment.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 01:19 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
While I prefer a much more open stance on immigration, the Constitution can be a harsh mistress. Whether his EO is actually Constitutional or not is up for debate unless the SCOTUS makes a call. I certainly don't have the lawyer chops to make one. The legal considerations in question are not all front and center like with an amendment.
While I'm not 100% sure of this, I think you may be wrong here. A federal judge has ruled the EO unconstitutional, so my understanding is that of this moment, it's unconstitutional. That will only change if a higher court rules differently. If the Supreme Court declines to hear the case, the lower court's ruling will stand and the EO is unconstitutional.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 01:33 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Is there some comparable example of the left losing their shit the way they have lately?
Is it possible the left are so 'empowered' because it's not just the left losing their shit? It takes a lot of nerve and/or a lot of worry to have some of the big names in the brand new president's own party calling him out (Lindsey Graham), or letting the news get out that they called the leader of another country to apologise for their President's behaviour (McCain and the Australians). Or the fact that the financial backbone of the Republican Party are speaking out against him (the Koch brothers). We all know polls are pretty sketchy recently, but his approval ratings are a historic lows for this point in his presidency. It's not just the wing-nut, radical left that have an issue with the guy and how things are going.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 02:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
While I'm not 100% sure of this, I think you may be wrong here. A federal judge has ruled the EO unconstitutional, so my understanding is that of this moment, it's unconstitutional. That will only change if a higher court rules differently. If the Supreme Court declines to hear the case, the lower court's ruling will stand and the EO is unconstitutional.
You are absolutely correct. I'm only claiming we don't have a final call on whether it's constitutional yet, so it's premature to compare it to an example where we do.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 02:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
You are absolutely correct. I'm only claiming we don't have a final call on whether it's constitutional yet, so it's premature to compare it to an example where we do.
I get your point, but I can turn a light on and off again. When it's on, it's on, even if I might turn it off later. Right now the EO has been ruled unconstitutional by someone with the authority to do so. So we do know, that as of right now, it's unconstitutional. The fact that the ruling may change at some point in the future doesn't really matter for the here and now.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 4, 2017, 02:53 PM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
I get your point, but I can turn a light on and off again. When it's on, it's on, even if I might turn it off later. Right now the EO has been ruled unconstitutional by someone with the authority to do so. So we do know, that as of right now, it's unconstitutional. The fact that the ruling may change at some point in the future doesn't really matter for the here and now.
Well, I'm both an open borders guy, and a rah-rah Constitution guy, so right now I'm happy.

If it gets flipped, I won't be as happy. The Constitution unfortunately does not always come through.
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Just west of DC.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 08:40 AM
 
ll while the unvetted stream through the open borders. I wonder if the Judges will be held responsible for any violence against US citizens? Responsiblity? Bwa-haa-haa.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 08:45 AM
 
There has been nothing from those 7 countries since 1975. Why would there be a radical shift now?
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 08:49 AM
 
Since you have such a solid judge of character not being a liberal I'm surprised that you aren't already aware that your fears are being manipulated BadKosh?
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 01:34 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
This sounds suspiciously like one of those statements that you would insist was qualified by the addition of "In my opinion" if anyone else said it.
No, unfortunately the MSM, celebs, and riots say otherwise, I'm afraid.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 01:36 PM
 
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post

Trump's VISA ban was overturned on the basis of violating the constitution.
and then reinstated because it was determined that it wasn't. Where are the Leftists who uphold the Constitution? The fact is, this will go to the SCOTUS and they'll be the ones to decide.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 01:39 PM
 
Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
While I'm not 100% sure of this, I think you may be wrong here. A federal judge has ruled the EO unconstitutional, so my understanding is that of this moment, it's unconstitutional.
What now? Trump's immigration ban upheld in Boston

Is it now unilaterally Constitutional again? Until the SCOTUS rules, or kicks it back down to Boston, we won't know for sure.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: inside 128, north of 90
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 05:19 PM
 
There's other threads on the immigration ban. This thread, is for any misgivings the conservatives may have about ANYTHING trump has done, and I guess there's nothing? So I can lock it then?
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 05:47 PM
 
There has to be something. I say those denying this are being disingenuous.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 05:57 PM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
and then reinstated because it was determined that it wasn't. Where are the Leftists who uphold the Constitution? The fact is, this will go to the SCOTUS and they'll be the ones to decide.
So you do you think the right just likes the constitution because of the orderliness of having it obeyed and respected, or do you think they like its actual ideas? Because its actual idea is pretty clear to me that people should not be discriminated against based on religion, and it is pretty clear that this ban is a ban on an odd subset of Muslim countries.

I know you're cool with that given what you've said about Muslims in the past, but do you not feel even the slightest sense of conflict about the religious discrimination part of this?

Something tells me you will explain this away and call me a snowflake.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 06:22 PM
 
I don't think the 1st Amendment applies to foreign nationals in other countries.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 07:12 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
I don't think the 1st Amendment applies to foreign nationals in other countries.
Not so,

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-U-S-C...e-Constitution
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 5, 2017, 07:24 PM
 
The question asked there is "Does the U.S. Constitution apply to foreigners in America?" [emphasis added]

I put the qualifier "in other countries" there for a reason.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Shaddim's sock drawer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 6, 2017, 01:53 AM
 
^^ You sir are correct. The "Muslim ban" isn't a Muslim ban, it also bans Christians, atheists, and everyone else in those countries. The entire argument is a lie, from the onset. The judiciary knows this and that's why it was reinstated.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr
     
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 6, 2017, 06:56 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
^^ You sir are correct. The "Muslim ban" isn't a Muslim ban, it also bans Christians, atheists, and everyone else in those countries. The entire argument is a lie, from the onset.
Well the courts are certainly taking intent into their decision making. Trump stated again and again during the campaign he was going to institute a ban of all Muslims entering the country. Secondly, here, Giuliani states, unequivocally, that he was tasked with coming up with a legal framework for a ban on Muslims. They have attempted to do this. The courts are now deciding if they got it right.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
The judiciary knows this and that's why it was reinstated.
Well the judiciary clearly doesn't, and they haven't. The Boston judge's ruling covers Massachusetts only. The Seattle Judge's ruling is nationwide and supersedes the Boston ruling. Even Trump, his lawyers, the State Department, and Homeland security all understand that the current situation is that the EO is unlawful. That may change, but for now you are, unsurprisingly, completely incorrect.
     
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: inside 128, north of 90
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 6, 2017, 10:33 AM
 
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
^^ You sir are correct. The "Muslim ban" isn't a Muslim ban, it also bans Christians, atheists, and everyone else in those countries. The entire argument is a lie, from the onset. The judiciary knows this and that's why it was reinstated.
The Christian waiver? Preference given to Christian refugees? No?

Jan. 27: In an interview for the Christian Broadcasting Network, David Brody asks Trump: “The refugee changes you’re looking to make—as it relates to persecuted Christians, do you see them as kind of a priority?” Trump says yes. “If you were a Christian in Syria, it was impossible, at least very tough, to get into the United States,” he says. “If you were a Muslim, you could come in. But if you were a Christian, it was almost impossible.” This characterization is grossly misleading. But Trump concludes that the process “was very, very unfair” to Christians. “So we are going to help them.”
Later that day, Trump issues his order. It suspends “entry into the United States of aliens” from countries in which “a foreign terrorist organization has a significant presence.” In practice, this means seven Muslim countries: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. The order doesn’t mention Christians, but it commits the United States to “prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual’s country of nationality.”
Effectively, Christians in muslim countries are a minority, and will be prioritized.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 6, 2017, 01:34 PM
 
Stop and frisk also affects white people therefore it's not racist.
     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2