Posting Guidelines. Failure to follow them will most likely result in a lock of the thread in question.
1) One post for multiple items. We don't need a new thread for each thing you are posting here. If it's a ton of stuff, post a general idea. Also, this means there is a limit to one active thread per poster, and one thread that appears on the first page.
2) Prefix your thread with a "FS" for "for sale", "WTB" for "want to buy", "FA" for "for auction", "FT for "for trade", etc. Make it easy for other people to tell what the thread is about.
3) Post an asking price. Give us an idea of what you want instead of getting mad when someone offers a price much lower than what you wanted.
4) No feelers, interest checks, or price checks. Put the item(s) up for sale with the price you want. If there's no interest, no one will respond. If the price is too high, people will make an offer for what they feel is fair.
5) Any software included with a machine must come with the install discs and license keys. If you aren't providing the legal copies, don't list the software.
6) If you need the subject line changed (for instance, if the product is sold, or whatever other reason), make a post here
and a moderator will change it for you.
7) Provide all information. This includes all system specifications, as well as shipping details, payment options, accessories, etc. Make it easy for buyers to know what they are looking at.
8) Limit yourself to 3 bumps of your own thread. If after that point no one is interested, let the thread die.
9) If you come across a thread that interests you, and it's over 30 days old, email or private message the original poster. Don't bump old threads.
10) No thread crapping. This includes nasty comments and the like. Constructive criticism IS ok, however.
11) Moderators reserve the right to close or remove a thread or post at their discretion. Threads that appear out of the ordinary may be locked pending verification from the original poster.
12) Feedback. After a trade, go to [ HEATWARE.com ] and leave feedback. MacNN is currently not listed as a forum, so select 'other' and note that MacNN is where the trade occurred in the body of the feedback.
If you have questions or comments, post here (all posts in this thread are subject to deletion at the moderators' discretion) or send me a private message.