MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   Applications (http://forums.macnn.com/applications/)
-   -   Need help with a .bat (http://forums.macnn.com/82/applications/394413/need-help-with-a-bat/)

ninnmm Jun 24, 2009 11:22 PM
Need help with a .bat
I need to find the new code for Terminal in order to run this, but I'm not sure what it is. When I open it in textedit, it says:
@echo off
COLOR 08
title www.runelife.com
java -Xmx500m -cp .;Theme.jar Gui 0 1 lowmem members 32
pause

Does anybody know the code I need to follow the files folder in on Terminal?
I know it's cd (insert files folder) return, and then a code, and it runs, but I don't know the code. Help would be appreciated.

CharlesS Jun 25, 2009 12:46 AM
Why is it that every time someone comes in here asking how to run a .bat file, it always turns out to be a Java app? Odd.

Anyway, try this:

cd <path to the folder that Theme.jar is in>
java -Xmx500m Theme.jar

ninnmm Jun 25, 2009 08:47 AM
Reply::
Well, in the folder entitled the application I want to run, there are tons of files, they're not in folders. I found the Theme.jar right below a folder called Theme, but when I open Theme I only see colours ending with .class. Should I put the entire folder, containing absolutely everything in or just Themes or just Theme.jar?

ninnmm Jun 25, 2009 08:53 AM
When, after cd[space] I put in the ENTIRE folder, the Terminal response is this:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Theme/jar
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:Project Fubergen V8.3.1 Client mtr$

When after cd I put in the Theme.jar file, the terminal response is this:
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:~ mtr$ cd /Users/mtr/Downloads/Project\ Fubergen\ v8.3.1\ Client/Project\ Fubergen\ V8.3.1\ Client/Theme.jar
-bash: cd: /Users/mtr/Downloads/Project Fubergen v8.3.1 Client/Project Fubergen V8.3.1 Client/Theme.jar: Not a directory
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:~ mtr$ Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Theme/jar
-bash: Exception: command not found
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:~ mtr$ michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:Project Fubergen V8.3.1 Client mtr$
-bash: michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:Project: command not found
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:~ mtr$

And when I just put in the Theme folder, the response is this: (kind of long)

mtr$ cd /Users/mtr/Downloads/Project\ Fubergen\ v8.3.1\ Client/Project\ Fubergen\ V8.3.1\ Client/theme
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:theme mtr$ michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:~ mtr$ cd /Users/mtr/Downloads/Project\ Fubergen\ v8.3.1\ Client/Project\ Fubergen\ V8.3.1\ Client/Theme.jar
-bash: michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:~: command not found
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:theme mtr$ -bash: cd: /Users/mtr/Downloads/Project Fubergen v8.3.1 Client/Project Fubergen V8.3.1 Client/Theme.jar: Not a directory
-bash: -bash:: command not found
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:theme mtr$ michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:~ mtr$ Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Theme/jar
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:theme mtr$ -bash: Exception: command not found
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:theme mtr$ michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:~ mtr$ michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:Project Fubergen V8.3.1 Client mtr$
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:theme mtr$ -bash: michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:Project: command not found
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:theme mtr$ michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:~ mtr$ -bash: michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:~: command not found
michael-t-rowans-macbook-pro-2:theme mtr$