MacNN Forums (
-   Applications (
-   -   My iTunes can't download nor update apps (

angelmb Oct 5, 2013 06:33 PM
My iTunes can't download nor update apps
All of a sudden I am unable to download/update any apps from the iTunes App Store on my Mac. This has been the case for the last four days.

My internet is working and I am already logged into iTunes App Store. I clic on the small action button to get a given app, at which point nothing happens.

Every time iTunes fails to honor its duties Apple - Support - System Status shows no issues so far.

I have tried it with all three of my iTunes Accounts and I am still unable to download anything.

I should make clear that these iTunes accounts are still working though, I can download and update apps straight to the iPhone but not through iTunes as I would like to.

I have not tweaked any iTunes preferences or installed software for at least two weeks besides latest VLC, which I fail to see as relating to this issue.

Should I flush the DNS cache.? Just a random thought though cause in all honest, I have no idea what the problem could possibly be here.

Thank you for any insight provided.

Mac Pro - Mac OS X 10.7.5
iTunes 10.7 (64-bit)
iPhone 3GS - iOS 6.something
ibook_steve Oct 7, 2013 03:26 PM
You probably need to update to iTunes 11.

angelmb Oct 8, 2013 01:10 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Steve.

I guess iTunes 10.7 liked the idea of being replaced by iTunes 11 as much as I did and it spontaneously remedied itself.