MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   Classic Macs and Mac OS (http://forums.macnn.com/classic-macs-and-mac-os/)
-   -   Well All My OS 9 Prefs Just Uh... Ran Away From Me? (http://forums.macnn.com/64/classic-macs-and-mac-os/171754/well-all-my-os-9-prefs/)

Superchicken Aug 9, 2003 06:36 AM
Well All My OS 9 Prefs Just Uh... Ran Away From Me?
Ahh the joys of an OS 9 world... I know I installed acrobat reader... but the thing is... some of my preffs are there still some arn't... or... I don't know... iTunes has just decided I didn't add any music to it, so when I dragged my library back in it got a fatal error... Mozilla is now back to the default theam and I lost my stuff... which means... lemmie check... yup just lost all my e-mail... YEY! I can't wait till I get my iBook... ever since my partition's file system got messed up my iMac just hasn't felt right... now I'm getting scared that some of my important stuff could get lost... fortunately I've backed up a ton of my important stuff to a web server, but still... yeah... I dont' wanna loose all the junk I have... hopefully nothing'll happen.

I think my iMac is unhappy with me...

Anyone got a clue what could have happend? Never had this sorta problem in the four years I've had my Mac.

Powaqqatsi Aug 9, 2003 06:49 AM
Re: Well All My OS 9 Prefs Just Uh... Ran Away From Me?
Originally posted by Superchic[k]en:
Anyone got a clue what could have happend? Never had this sorta problem in the four years I've had my Mac.
It's mad at you because you are getting a new Mac. Or it is posessed.

Superchicken Aug 9, 2003 06:52 AM
I don't think he's possesed... just unhappy... he doesn't want to be a file server :) And he should know he'll also be hooked up to my sterio at college! He should know that I love him, I mean I'm specifically not selling him even though I could right now get a really good deal with a guy who wnats an old Mac to fiddle with... I just couldn't do that to Fred though... he's to cute and huggable :)

andi*pandi Aug 9, 2003 10:26 AM
ya know, there's a whole separate imac forum. With the threads and teh help and such.

moving...

Oh wait, I only wish I had moderator powers. Sigh.

Sherwin Aug 9, 2003 10:29 AM
I don't think he's possesed... just unhappy... he doesn't want to be a file server :) And he should know he'll also be hooked up to my sterio at college! He should know that I love him, I mean I'm specifically not selling him even though I could right now get a really good deal with a guy who wnats an old Mac to fiddle with... I just couldn't do that to Fred though... he's to cute and huggable :)
Your Mac is a he? Are you sure you're not gay? :rolleyes:

Adam Betts Aug 9, 2003 10:33 AM
Originally posted by andi*pandi:
ya know, there's a whole separate imac forum. With the threads and teh help and such.

moving...

Oh wait, I only wish I had moderator powers. Sigh.
Try the Classic forum, it's for OS 9 and such :)

Superchicken Aug 9, 2003 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Sherwin:
Your Mac is a he? Are you sure you're not gay? :rolleyes:
Haha

Oh and to the people that suggested moving this to the software and or iMac forum.

One has nothing to do with iMac hardware, it's a WD 60 gig HD that was installed last year, and it's not really software related because... all I was doing was complaining not saying.... OH NO WHAT PROGRAM CAN I INSTALL TO BLAH BLAH BLAH!
And I know the awnser would be buy disk warrior anyway.

Kenneth Aug 9, 2003 05:48 PM
It's time to say goodbye to your beloved iMac or OS 9.

Superchicken Aug 9, 2003 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Kenneth:
It's time to say goodbye to your beloved iMac or OS 9.
I will never say good bye to OS 9! I'm getting a brand new iBook soon... WITH OS 9! bwhaha!

sniffer Aug 9, 2003 06:20 PM
Yeah don't ditch him. I still miss my iMac DV+ indigo. I hope she is not angry at me for selling here. ;)

Angus_D Aug 9, 2003 06:28 PM
He should know that I love him
You know, taken out of context, people could get the wrong impression. Or the right impression. I don't even care.

sniffer Aug 9, 2003 06:30 PM
I will never say good bye to OS 9! I'm getting a brand new iBook soon... WITH OS 9! bwhaha!
But why not os x?

Superchicken Aug 9, 2003 06:41 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to point the mod who decided to move this topic, that this was a general complaining post, and was in no way shape or form asking for technical help. Bloody lounge mods!

Skywalkers new Hand Aug 9, 2003 06:44 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to point the mod who decided to move this topic, that this was a general complaining post, and was in no way shape or form asking for technical help. Bloody lounge mods!
I have a feeling they just think you are moron like the rest of us do.

misc Aug 9, 2003 08:14 PM
What can you do, eh?

Yo, Skywalker's Hand: "If you don't have anything nice to say, then please don't say anything." Thank you! :)

Superchicken Aug 10, 2003 12:22 AM
Originally posted by misc:
What can you do, eh?

Yo, Skywalker's Hand: "If you don't have anything nice to say, then please don't say anything." Thank you! :)
yeah Star Wars Guy, you ain't in the lounge no more :)