Problem installing OS9 in PMG4 after HDD partition
I received my new PMG4-867 yesterday, got all excited about it. However, I am now having problem after doing this:
1) Boot up from the OS9 installation disk
2) Partitioned my 40Gb HDD into 2x5Gb, 2x10Gb and 1x17Gb. All using the 'Mac OS Extended' format.
3) Installed OS9 into 1 of the 5Gb HDD
4) Installed OSX into the other 5Gb HDD
Now my problem
1) I could not get my PM to boot from the HDD.
2) If I boot up from the OS9 installation disk, and go to 'Startup Disk' control panel, I can see my OS9 HDD, OSX HDD and the CD as bootable.
3) If I boot up from OSX, and go to 'Startup Disk' control panel, I can only see my OSX HDD and the CD as bootable.
Has any of you encountered this problem before? How did you get around it?
The OS X partition must be contained in the first 8GB of the hard driver. Not sure if this also applies to OS 9.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 PM.||
Copyright © 2005-2007 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.