MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   Classic Macs and Mac OS (http://forums.macnn.com/classic-macs-and-mac-os/)
-   -   .ISO files on Disc Burner (http://forums.macnn.com/64/classic-macs-and-mac-os/47783/iso-files-on-disc-burner/)

 
davecom Aug 5, 2001 05:02 PM
.ISO files on Disc Burner
Is there anyway to burn .ISO files with Disc Burner?
 
-Q- Aug 7, 2001 09:04 AM
I don't believe so. Disc Burner isn't quite a full-featured CD burning software. Primarily designed to make burning Mac-formatted CDs as easy as possible.

You're better off with Toast for making ISO discs....
 
davecom Aug 7, 2001 04:38 PM
Quote
Originally posted by -Q-:
<STRONG>I don't believe so. Disc Burner isn't quite a full-featured CD burning software. Primarily designed to make burning Mac-formatted CDs as easy as possible.

You're better off with Toast for making ISO discs....</STRONG>
Toast 4.1.2 doesn't seem to recognize my Iomega Zip CD 650. Should I install the Iomega disc that came with it? Toast won't disable iTunes and Disc Burner will it?
 
-Q- Aug 7, 2001 04:56 PM
Nah, don't bother with the Iomega stuff. You just need to update your Toast software to 4.1.3. Head to this page to get the update. That will add support for your burner....

Q
 
davecom Aug 7, 2001 05:07 PM
Quote
Originally posted by -Q-:
<STRONG>Nah, don't bother with the Iomega stuff. You just need to update your Toast software to 4.1.3. Head to this page to get the update. That will add support for your burner....

Q</STRONG>
I updated to 4.1.3, but it still does not recognize my Zip CD 650.
 
-Q- Aug 8, 2001 07:39 AM
Hrm. That's odd. According to Roxio's support database, 4.1.3 offers support for your brand of burner. What does the Iomega CD install?

And what are the specs you're using (machine type, OS, RAM, etc.)? There may be a conflict somewhere...
 
jac Aug 8, 2001 11:16 AM
Dicsburner/iTunes won't work with Toast 4. You need to disable some Apple extensions for Toast to work; I think it's the Authoring support and USB Authoring support extentions that need to be turned off (i'm not entirely sure of those names). Check out Roxios website for more help.
 
FormerLurker Aug 11, 2001 02:01 AM
Quote
Originally posted by jac:
<STRONG>Dicsburner/iTunes won't work with Toast 4. You need to disable some Apple extensions for Toast to work; I think it's the Authoring support and USB Authoring support extentions that need to be turned off (i'm not entirely sure of those names). Check out Roxios website for more help.</STRONG>
also disable the Disc Burner extension

quick & easy way to find 'em all - view Extensions Manager "by Package"
 
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Copyright © 2005-2007 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2