MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   Classic Macs and Mac OS (http://forums.macnn.com/classic-macs-and-mac-os/)
-   -   G3 update! (http://forums.macnn.com/64/classic-macs-and-mac-os/63975/g3-update/)

suprz Apr 2, 2002 07:54 PM
G3 update!
thanks to all your help, my G3 now has a 5 port usb card, and a maxtor 7200rpm 40gb diamond max plus. i did it myself, and everything works too! :D (now for a firewire card).... ;)

-Q- Apr 3, 2002 10:40 AM
Originally posted by suprz:
<STRONG>thanks to all your help, my G3 now has a 5 port usb card, and a maxtor 7200rpm 40gb diamond max plus. i did it myself, and everything works too! :D (now for a firewire card).... ;)</STRONG>
I'd recommend the OrangeMicro FireWire/USB card. Works great in X and it'll save you a PCI slot if you want to add something else (like a vid card). Glad to hear it's working great. I love my Beige G3...

suprz Apr 3, 2002 06:02 PM
thank you "Q" now if could only bump the bus speed up to 100, abd afford a 500mhz processor :D but i do love this beige G3! so easy to work on, and easy to upgrade!.. someday i might even get a modem and surf with it (i knew i forgot something..... :D )

suprz Apr 8, 2002 08:21 PM
just another update.....my boss where i work gets gateway computers
(yeech!....) but anyways, he always gets speakers with them but because of the nature of the business, he never uses them. today i asked him if i could "buy" a pair of altec lansings off him. he said he would see what he had and get back to me. well i get back to my desk from lunch and there is a box on my desk from the boss, i open it up and there is a brand new, still in the plastic is a boston acoustic set of speakers with a subwoofer! i ask him how much he wants for them and he says "eh, nothin' just get em out of here" ......score!!! :D

himself Apr 11, 2002 07:03 PM
Originally posted by suprz:
<STRONG>just another update.....my boss where i work gets gateway computers
(yeech!....) but anyways, he always gets speakers with them but because of the nature of the business, he never uses them. today i asked him if i could "buy" a pair of altec lansings off him. he said he would see what he had and get back to me. well i get back to my desk from lunch and there is a box on my desk from the boss, i open it up and there is a brand new, still in the plastic is a boston acoustic set of speakers with a subwoofer! i ask him how much he wants for them and he says "eh, nothin' just get em out of here" ......score!!! :D</STRONG>
Score a set for me? :D

suprz Apr 11, 2002 07:10 PM
oh dont worry any others i can score i will!.....and i will share the wealth..... :D

samslaves Apr 15, 2002 06:50 AM
put a G4/500 Mhz, a radeon mac edition, 768 MB of ram as I did and let X rock!

Sam :D

-Q- Apr 15, 2002 09:11 AM
Originally posted by samslaves:
<STRONG>put a G4/500 Mhz, a radeon mac edition, 768 MB of ram as I did and let X rock!

Sam :D</STRONG>
I did the same. The difference is dramatic. :D

Although I still want a new machine. Dual Ghz sounds so nice...