MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   Feedback (http://forums.macnn.com/feedback/)
-   -   New forum proposal (http://forums.macnn.com/61/feedback/281302/new-forum-proposal/)

Railroader Jan 9, 2006 11:57 PM
New forum proposal
A recently locked thread in the lounge brought this idea to mind: A forum for pre-OS X operating systems should be added. JPossibly make it a sub-forum like the pol/rel forum in the lounge.

Just an idea.

rickey939 Jan 9, 2006 11:59 PM
There used to be one, and it got no attention...hence it being taken away as far as I know.

Lateralus Jan 10, 2006 12:17 AM
Bingo.

Railroader Jan 10, 2006 12:31 AM
Quote, Originally Posted by rickey939
There used to be one, and it got no attention...hence it being taken away as far as I know.
I can see that.
Quote, Originally Posted by Lateralus
Bingo.
Thanks for the affirmation.

Maflynn Jan 10, 2006 07:22 AM
Plus in the off chance someone actually has a question, asking it in the OS forum means a wider population. the classic forum was dead and I'm sure questions went unanswered there for a long time. I don't personally since I never went there.

bradoesch Jan 11, 2006 05:46 PM
I miss the Classic forum too. It was actually my suggestion to merge the OS 9 forum with classic Macs to hopefully create one larger, faster moving forum. It worked out good for a while but then started dropping off big time. It was pretty sad at the end. I miss it a little bit. :(

turtle777 Jan 11, 2006 06:14 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by Railroader
A recently locked thread in the lounge brought this idea to mind: A forum for pre-OS X operating systems should be added. JPossibly make it a sub-forum like the pol/rel forum in the lounge.

Just an idea.
Why ? To look Millenium in there ?

Uhm, no, wait, that would be pre-10.4.4 (Intel). Nevermind.

-t

Railroader Jan 11, 2006 11:08 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by turtle777
Why ? To look Millenium in there ?

Uhm, no, wait, that would be pre-10.4.4 (Intel). Nevermind.

-t
Huh?

turtle777 Jan 12, 2006 08:52 AM

nredman Jan 14, 2006 10:04 AM
maybe make a sticky in the Mac OS page for the classic os

Railroader Jan 15, 2006 12:36 AM
Quote, Originally Posted by turtle777
Sorry, I'm not being dense on purpose here, but your hints just aren't getting through to me.

What are you trying to say? In plain English please.

Railroader Jan 15, 2006 12:37 AM
Quote, Originally Posted by nredman
maybe make a sticky in the Mac OS page for the classic os
A very good idea!

FireWire Jan 15, 2006 04:47 AM
Maybe it would also be good idea to start a new forum for general Mac-related matters, that don't find their way in the existing forums. A good exemple that would fit in that category are the recent EFI/BIOS threads, that currently spread into many forums. It doesn't concern a specific model of computer, nor the Mac OS itself; it's not a peripheral or an application either.

Or perhaps it could be called "Mac Technologies" and include discussions about things found in a Mac that could fit in many categories, for example the FireWire. It can be put in any category, depending on the model owned by the original poster, or it is tempting to put it in Peripherals, but according to its label, its purpose is for "Discussion and support of all that other hardware that didn't come inside your computer". I tracked at least five recent threads questionning the future of FireWire, all in different places :

Lounge : Is FireWire on its way out? - FireWire 800 dead?
PowerBook & MacBook Pro : FireWire go Bye Bye? - Apple, loosing Firewire is a bad idea!
Power Mac : FireWire Gone?

and so on... maybe it would have been better served in its own forum??