MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   Gaming (http://forums.macnn.com/gaming/)
-   -   League of Legends (http://forums.macnn.com/77/gaming/497290/league-of-legends/)

King Lou Jan 17, 2013 01:33 PM
League of Legends
Hey, does anyone on here play League of Legends? I did a search but didn't see it listed. I was very pleased to find out that they have an "Unofficial" Mac Client that is supported by a 3rd party. Occasionally you do have to do some tweaking if the graphics card has known issues but the guys who developed the mac version it do a great job of explaining how to do all the fixes easily on their forum. I haven't found running the game on a Mac has any negative affects on the game play or competitiveness against my PC counterparts.

Boompje.net - Download iLoL <- Mac Client DL.

You'll need to register an account at the main site to be able to log into the LoL app you download from Boompje

Technical Requirements

Operating System Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Minimum Processor Core 2 Duo
Minimum Ram 2 GB (4 GB Highly recommended)
Minimum Graphic Cards ATI 2600HD, nVidia 9400M, Intel HD 3000
Unsupported Graphic Cards Intel GMA 950, GMA 3100, ATI X1600HD
I was hoping that DotA would have the same thing but apparently not yet. I've been having fun with it.

If you decide to give it a shot please use "robotlou" as your referrer. I'd appreciate it. Or don't. It doesn't really matter.

The game is free but the catch is you can only play as the 10 free champions available (out of over a 100 available) a week until you either earn enough points in game to buy the champions you like to play or spend real money to hurry up the process. I'm cheap so I have yet to spend money. You can also spend real money on skins for your champions to spruce them up or whatever.

Anyway, give it a shot if you want to try a free game. I think is pretty fun.

King Lou Jan 20, 2013 10:14 AM
I should have added if you join LoL and want someone to play with my summoner handle is "Lou Reads." I'm down to play some beginner bot or custom games to help people learn the ropes after they do the tutorial level.

Also if you do play and are confused by all the different choices in champions & items please check out sites like

lolking.com
lolpro.com
championselect.net

They have guides on how you should be building your champs to bring the best fights to the game.

King Lou Feb 8, 2013 03:36 PM
One way to get better at the game is to watch the pros streams on Twitch.tv

I recommend WingsOfDeathX & Zekent and Crumbzz. They have very helpful & informative game streams. They are pretty chatty with people who are watching the streams, too.

Also Season 3 of the pro series started yesterday. There were some great games. They are starting up again tonight at lolesports.com