MacNN Forums (
-   iPhone, iPad & iPod (
-   -   iPhone 4 freezes during restore/upgrade to iOS 7.0.2 (

zgall1 Oct 20, 2013 10:57 PM
iPhone 4 freezes during restore/upgrade to iOS 7.0.2
I have an iPhone 4 that was running iOS 6.1.3. I requested that my provider unlock my phone and they told me I had to back up and restore to proceed, which necessitated that I upgrade to iOS 7.0.2. When I tried to download the iOS 7.0.2 IPSW directly through iTunes, I received a message upon the completion of the download that the file was corrupted. I decided to bypass this step by downloading the IPSW directly from Apple and alt-clicking the Restore button to choose the file directly. Each time, the upgrade hangs about 30% of the way through, leaving me essentially with a bricked phone. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might be able to successfully restore my phone?
ghporter Oct 21, 2013 06:31 AM
If your iTunes still recognizes the phone, I'd start over. Connect the phone and download the update again; I'd do this as "download only" to make sure it is downloaded properly before going on. Once it is downloaded and verified, then upgrade the phone. I get the impression that even your "direct download" was somehow corrupted, which is why your phone is goofed up.