MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   Mac Desktops (http://forums.macnn.com/mac-desktops/)
-   -   OT: I must contact Steve Jobs... HELP (http://forums.macnn.com/65/mac-desktops/189069/ot-i-must-contact-steve-jobs/)

 
samslaves Nov 17, 2003 12:16 PM
OT: I must contact Steve Jobs... HELP
How can I contact Steve? Is there an email?

Thanx
Sam
 
I Me Mine Nov 17, 2003 12:20 PM
If you're on first name terms with him then surely you should know already ;)


sjobs@apple.com
 
samslaves Nov 17, 2003 12:23 PM
Quote
Originally posted by I Me Mine:
If you're on first name terms with him then surely you should know already ;)


sjobs@apple.com
Thanx
Sam
 
DBvader Nov 17, 2003 02:26 PM
in launchbar, it says that steve job's email address is steve@mac.com.

Not sure why you would email him, and why steve jobs would have his email that readily available...
 
Angus_D Nov 17, 2003 03:13 PM
Steve reads e-mails to a lot of addresses, but most of the time he probably ignores them.
 
frownyfrank Nov 17, 2003 06:32 PM
You guys are total chumps if you ever talk to anyone less than the CEO. I wish I had read your message a little earlier, cause Steve *just* walked out the door after he installed Panther for me.

Here's some more help for you, lest you have other problems:

Any car: rwagoner@gm.com

Fatherhood: ceo@trojancondoms.com

Taliban: drumsfeld@whitehouse.gov
 
Arkham_c Nov 17, 2003 10:27 PM
I sent Steve an email at sjobs@apple.com once. He sent me a reply back from sjobs@pixar.com.
 
Eyenovation Nov 17, 2003 10:44 PM
Quote
Originally posted by Arkham_c:
I sent Steve an email at sjobs@apple.com once. He sent me a reply back from sjobs@pixar.com.
Bullshit.
 
docman Nov 17, 2003 11:00 PM
Quote
Originally posted by Eyenovation:
Bullshit.
No, it is quite possible. I sent a message to a steve address at Pixar regarding some apple question about two years ago, and he replied from the Pixar address.

He does exist, you know..

cheers...
 
dtriska Nov 17, 2003 11:58 PM
Quote
Originally posted by Eyenovation:
Bullshit.
Search the Lounge. There're plenty of threads like this.

The fact is, Steve has people who weed out various emails sent to his many addresses (apple.com, mac.com, pixar.com, and whatever else he has) and then he reads what's left. He responds to a few, too.
 
Arkham_c Nov 18, 2003 10:54 AM
Quote
Originally posted by Eyenovation:
Bullshit.
Bullshit yourself. Here is his reply with full mail headers. For the sake of brevity I have removed my original message which was quoted below his response. I've also obscured my email address for obvious reasons:

Code:

Return-Path: <sjobs@pixar.com>
Received: from pixar.com (138.72.10.20) by theresistance.net with SMTP (Eudora
 Internet Mail Server 2.2); Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:13:10 -0400
Received: from ni-master.pixar.com (ni-master.pixar.com [138.72.85.90])
        by pixar.com (8.8.6/8.8.6) with SMTP id HAA10951
        for <xxxxx@theresistance.net>; Mon, 11 Oct 1999 07:12:59 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from waverley1 by ni-master.pixar.com (NX5.67f2/NX3.0M)
        id AA01229; Mon, 11 Oct 99 07:12:58 -0700
Message-Id: <9910111412.AA01229@ni-master.pixar.com>
Received: by waverley1.pixar.com (NX5.67g/NX3.0X)
        id AA05595; Mon, 11 Oct 99 07:12:57 -0700
Content-Type: text/enriched; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
Received: by NeXT.Mailer (1.148)
From: Steve Jobs <sjobs@pixar.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 99 07:12:54 -0700
To: David Shaw <xxxxx@theresistance.net>
Subject: iBooks and such from a longtime Apple user
References: <1272475105-51964598@theresistance.net>
Status: R
X-Spambayes-Trained: ham



<x-rich>David,


We are doing the best we can with a limited supply (which is finally now
increasing).  Please remember that some of the first pre-orders came from
CompUSA.


Best,

Steve

 
MOTHERWELL Nov 19, 2003 08:36 PM
 
maximage Nov 20, 2003 09:44 PM
I just wanna know what it is that seems SOOOOO important that he HAS to talk to Steve himself.
 
CatOne Nov 21, 2003 01:24 AM
Quote
Originally posted by dtriska:
Search the Lounge. There're plenty of threads like this.

The fact is, Steve has people who weed out various emails sent to his many addresses (apple.com, mac.com, pixar.com, and whatever else he has) and then he reads what's left. He responds to a few, too.
Nope. He reads them all, personally. May not respond to all, but he reads them all. If it's not important in his mind (most stuff probably ;-) he'll just delete it.
 
samslaves Nov 21, 2003 08:32 AM
Quote
Originally posted by maximage:
I just wanna know what it is that seems SOOOOO important that he HAS to talk to Steve himself.
Because he forgot his driver license last week in Hotel Principe di Savoia (Milan). I can send it to him by mail but I don't know his address so an email address would be useful.

Sam
 
AU_student_iceBook Nov 21, 2003 10:50 AM
Quote
Originally posted by samslaves:
Because he forgot his driver license last week in Hotel Principe di Savoia (Milan). I can send it to him by mail but I don't know his address so an email address would be useful.

Sam
Really? Wow. If that is true, good for you for tracking him down and getting it back to him. Best of luck.
 
iCol Nov 21, 2003 11:05 AM
Would his address not be on his drivers license?
 
xylon Nov 21, 2003 11:45 AM
Quote
Originally posted by iCol:
Would his address not be on his drivers license?
I agree. But it's still cool that you found his license.

Looking for a grain of salt.
 
Turias Nov 21, 2003 11:46 AM
Quote
Originally posted by iCol:
Would his address not be on his drivers license?
Yeah, wait a second...

I smell something fishy goin' on, here!
 
kcourt Nov 22, 2003 01:04 PM
As for Steve Jobs - I know a while back that he was talking to MGM about a joint venture, concerning Apple's new Panther system and the Pink Panther. During the process he called MGM several times. The person I know who works there actually talked to him, but would not give any such personal info out I am sure! :stick:

Too bad that promotion didn't work - I love the Pink Panther! :D

Kathy ;)
 
Dlatu1983 Nov 22, 2003 02:30 PM
Not that I'm advocating such a thing, as I'm sure it's illegal....but can you imagine what Steve Job's drivers license would fetch on Ebay? WOW.
 
TC Nov 22, 2003 02:36 PM
Quote
Originally posted by samslaves:
Because he forgot his driver license last week in Hotel Principe di Savoia (Milan). I can send it to him by mail but I don't know his address so an email address would be useful.

Sam
He was in Milan last week and he didn't even bother to call!! That's him off my christmas card list!
 
King_Rat Nov 22, 2003 10:48 PM
Re: OT: I must contact Steve Jobs... HELP
Why is this thread in the power mac forum, not the lounge?
 
Gene Jockey Nov 22, 2003 11:15 PM
Re: Re: OT: I must contact Steve Jobs... HELP
Quote
Originally posted by King_Rat:
Why is this thread in the power mac forum, not the lounge?
Because the Lounge is so teetering on the brink of destruction due to inane posts there that the addition of this post would send it over the line, causing anyone who reads it to explode.

Left his driver's license but don't have an address. How about the address on the license? Lamest lie ever.

--J
 
chrisutley Nov 23, 2003 06:37 AM
Quote
Originally posted by Eyenovation:
Bullshit.
I had the exact same experience about 2-years ago. It's funny how cynical people are.

I don't know what is so remarkable about Steve reading his own email, but I guess some folks just can't accept it.
 
coolmacdude Nov 23, 2003 12:39 PM
I have gotten several responses to emails I have sent to steve@mac.com, though none were signed from Steve so I can only assume they were from one of the assistants.
 
bradoesch Nov 23, 2003 07:35 PM
Re: Re: Re: OT: I must contact Steve Jobs... HELP
Quote
Originally posted by Gene Jockey:
Because the Lounge is so teetering on the brink of destruction due to inane posts there that the addition of this post would send it over the line, causing anyone who reads it to explode.
It's understandable why this wasn't posted in the lounge. If serious discussion could happen without the same people derailing threads all the time, there's no excuse for posting in the wrong forum. :/

Back on topic, if you try those email addresses and claim you have his license, I'd imagine you'll get a response if indeed he is missing his license.
 
danbrew Nov 23, 2003 07:55 PM
Quote
Originally posted by CatOne:
Nope. He reads them all, personally. May not respond to all, but he reads them all. If it's not important in his mind (most stuff probably ;-) he'll just delete it.
Ok, I know I'm gonna sound like a dick. Ah, hell, I *am* a dick.

...are you ****ing stupid? Steve can't possibly read all the emails that are sent to him. He's a major figure and I would bet that the various "steve @ apple dot whatever" aliases get hundreds of emails a day. ****, I'm not even famous and I get at least a hundred a day - I can't read all of them. What makes you think that Steve can read his?
 
danbrew Nov 23, 2003 07:57 PM
Quote
Originally posted by samslaves:
Because he forgot his driver license last week in Hotel Principe di Savoia (Milan). I can send it to him by mail but I don't know his address so an email address would be useful.

Sam
Yeah, he must have that new California drivers license - you know, the one without the address.
 
EdipisReks Nov 23, 2003 10:19 PM
e-mails to steve@mac.com and sjobs@apple.com have fixed customer service problems for people over at Ars Technica, so his e-mail addresses are at least monitored. anyone even vaguely familiar with Apple history would know that Steve has always been very hands on about the company and has always welcomed questions and comments from customers. it has been said more than once that he religiously reads his mail and spends hours doing it at night. i imagine that he reads a large percentage of the physical and electronic mail that is sent to him.
 
CatOne Nov 24, 2003 04:40 PM
Quote
Originally posted by danbrew:
Ok, I know I'm gonna sound like a dick. Ah, hell, I *am* a dick.

...are you ****ing stupid? Steve can't possibly read all the emails that are sent to him. He's a major figure and I would bet that the various "steve @ apple dot whatever" aliases get hundreds of emails a day. ****, I'm not even famous and I get at least a hundred a day - I can't read all of them. What makes you think that Steve can read his?
Yes he gets hundreds of emails a day. And yes he reads them. Most are scans, for sure. I am not guessing this -- I KNOW it, from people who do know. You can call me a liar, that's fine. However I'm not a liar, and I'm not stupid.
 
PacPerson Nov 24, 2003 05:45 PM
Jeez, a lot of losers in this thread.

A friend of mine received an email from jobs a few years back also.

It's not that improbable.

:D
 
lenox Nov 25, 2003 11:24 AM
I think posting on this thread makes you an instant loser.

...

Oh crap!
 
Scotttheking Nov 27, 2003 12:16 AM
Quote
Originally posted by lenox:
I think posting on this thread makes you an instant loser.
LAST POST!
 
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Copyright © 2005-2007 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2