MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   Mac Desktops (http://forums.macnn.com/mac-desktops/)
-   -   Pictures of your iMac setup (http://forums.macnn.com/65/mac-desktops/201149/pictures-of-your-imac-setup/)

 
99RedSi Feb 9, 2004 02:05 PM
Pictures of your iMac setup
Hey all -

The Powerbook forum has a great thread going where Powerbook owners are posting the pics of their setups.

I need some desk ideas for the iMac I'll be buying in a few weeks and would like to see your iMac setups.

Reply away!
 
beetleboy Feb 9, 2004 03:37 PM
Re: Pictures of your iMac setup
Just ordered an iMac from Macmall today. Just as soon as I get it I'll take a picture of my set up and post it for ya!!

Beetleboy :)
 
DinoG4 Feb 9, 2004 05:38 PM
Re: Re: Pictures of your iMac setup
Quote
Originally posted by beetleboy:
Just ordered an iMac from Macmall today. Just as soon as I get it I'll take a picture of my set up and post it for ya!!

Beetleboy :)
Which imac did you purchase?/ do share :)
 
beetleboy Feb 9, 2004 06:13 PM
I purchased the 15" iMac 1ghz 80 GB combo drive with 768 Mb of RAM. The cost: $1383.94 before shipping. There was $39 installation fee, plus there's a rebate on the extra RAM as well. It should arrive on Wednesday. I can't wait!!!! The suspense is killing me!!!

I'm going to set it near my old iMac and use them both at the same time. Plus, this new router makes things way easier. I can have both Macs, PS2, and my Dell laptop online all at once with the cable modem. Technology is wonderful, especially when it works.

Beetleboy :)
 
DinoG4 Feb 9, 2004 07:53 PM
Quote
Originally posted by beetleboy:
I purchased the 15" iMac 1ghz 80 GB combo drive with 768 Mb of RAM. The cost: $1383.94 before shipping. There was $39 installation fee, plus there's a rebate on the extra RAM as well. It should arrive on Wednesday. I can't wait!!!! The suspense is killing me!!!

I'm going to set it near my old iMac and use them both at the same time. Plus, this new router makes things way easier. I can have both Macs, PS2, and my Dell laptop online all at once with the cable modem. Technology is wonderful, especially when it works.

Beetleboy :)
Congrats..!!...I just pickedup the 17" 1ghz version for $1299.99...microcenter has them brand new, and I have a local store by me...too bad i didnt get to you first before you purchased!...good luck..DIno.
 
beetleboy Feb 9, 2004 08:38 PM
That's cool. Like the saying goes: You get what you pay for. Good luck with you new Mac as well. Although, I must admit, you got a really good deal. I would have waited a lit longer, but I just couldn't. Alas, 15" is enough for me.

Beetleboy :)
 
Dex13 Feb 9, 2004 08:43 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~nextjester/images/real.jpg

I took this a couple of days ago.

; )
 
DinoG4 Feb 9, 2004 09:54 PM
 
Krusty Feb 9, 2004 10:57 PM
Quote
Originally posted by DinoG4:

well, i cant figure how to get the picture to show up, if anyone knows the html shoot it my way :)
hit the 'reply' button above Dex's post (to respond directly to it) and you will see the proper format for linking images in on the forums ... its different than normal HTML
 
Dex13 Feb 9, 2004 11:20 PM
 
CreepDogg Feb 9, 2004 11:48 PM
Wanted to post a pic, but apparantly can't post attachments. Anyone care to explain how to post a photo?
 
Krusty Feb 10, 2004 02:35 AM
Quote
Originally posted by CreepDogg:
Wanted to post a pic, but apparantly can't post attachments. Anyone care to explain how to post a photo?
Well, you have to have a web host somewhere to hold your image file. Then you link to it in this format
[img]http://thesite/thepage/thefolderwhereyourpiclives/picture.jpg[/mg]

*note: I closed the image tag improperly so you could see the structure. Obviously, you'd normally see an i between the [/ and the mg]. Also, if you're using iDisk/.mac to host your pic, you'll need to put a period "." before the final containing folder name that contains your image: eg. http://site/page/.folder/image.jpg
 
DinoG4 Feb 10, 2004 07:40 AM
Quote
Originally posted by DinoG4:
Heres Mine :)

http://homepage.mac.com/dinoferrara/.PhotoAlbum2.htm
 
spookykids Feb 11, 2004 05:18 AM
i guess ill show my sexeh imac to the world ;)

its a:
a 15" 800mhz imac with superdrive
2gen 20 gig ipod
isub
some crappy scanner


http://www.spymac.com/upload/gallery...load_62662.JPG
 
Jens Peter Feb 11, 2004 10:37 AM
Here are my setup;

iMac 600 ( Blue dalmatiner )
Powermate, Palm Vx (old but good)

My new 12" PowerBook 1,5Ghz

http://daimi.au.dk/~u034441/macnn/imac.jpg
 
Hanul Feb 14, 2004 11:05 AM
iMac (Summer 2000)

G3 350MHz, 256MB RAM, 7GB HDD, MacOS X 10.3.2

http://www.hanul.de/images/imac_setup.jpg
 
CreepDogg Feb 14, 2004 03:25 PM
All right - here it is...

http://homepage.mac.com/mrcerepa/iMac.jpg
 
spookykids Feb 15, 2004 12:14 PM
Quote
Originally posted by DinoG4:
Heres Mine :)

http://homepage.mac.com/dinoferrara/PhotoAlbum2.htm
uhm, interesting place to put your imac on top of

;)
 
nredman Feb 15, 2004 08:09 PM
i no longer have my 15" iMac but since this is the iMac & eMac forum i thought i would post a picture of my oh so exciting eMac ::sleep: :)

http://www.nathanredman.com/images/emac.jpg
 
Hanul Feb 16, 2004 07:24 AM
There's a Pepsi bottle. Did you win a song? ;)
 
nredman Feb 16, 2004 09:42 AM
Quote
Originally posted by Hanul:
There's a Pepsi bottle. Did you win a song? ;)

:) that is Pepsi Vanilla, so no i didn't win on that one.
 
DinoG4 Feb 16, 2004 10:06 AM
Quote
Originally posted by CreepDogg:
All right - here it is...

http://homepage.mac.com/mrcerepa/iMac.jpg
look at all those smudges on that screen! try Iklear..lol that would drive me nuts on my lcd.....wh00h0000
 
CreepDogg Feb 17, 2004 12:15 AM
Yeah - I probably need to clean it up. It doesn't bother me when the screen is on because I can't see the smudges, and I've been afraid to mess with it too much for fear of damaging the LCD panel.

Funny thing is that the smudges are not from me - I bought this machine as a demo from the local Apple Store - the money off is worth a few smudges!

Are there any general household cleaners that will safely clean the screen? Just don't know where to get this 'iKlear'...
 
discotronic Feb 17, 2004 12:36 AM
I'm happy to see that everyone has a tidy desk:)

My desk is so cluttered that I couldn't see myself posting a pic right now. Looks good everyone.
 
Link Feb 18, 2004 09:18 PM
Just take a cloth (or -REGULAR- kleenex (non scented, aloe, etc), and get it damp/wet to the point where it's definately soggy, but won't make water drip down the screen (this is the LAST thing you want) -- basically damp.. rather damp

take that, hold the screen steady, and give it a good cleaning. then dry down with a seperate cloth, you should be good to go.
 
Mr.Clicky Feb 19, 2004 06:25 AM
Quote
Originally posted by beetleboy:
That's cool. Like the saying goes: You get what you pay for. Good luck with you new Mac as well. Although, I must admit, you got a really good deal. I would have waited a lit longer, but I just couldn't. Alas, 15" is enough for me.

Beetleboy :)
Very modest Beetleboy. Of course size isn't everything:stick:
 
sniffer Feb 20, 2004 04:58 PM
Quote
Originally posted by Dex13:
http://home.earthlink.net/~nextjester/images/real.jpg

I took this a couple of days ago.

; )
Now I am getting sentimental. Indigo iMac was my first Apple.

Damn.. :cry: :thumbsup:

:)
 
Dex13 Feb 20, 2004 08:58 PM
Quote
Originally posted by sniffer:
Now I am getting sentimental. Indigo iMac was my first Apple.

Damn.. :cry: :thumbsup:

:)
DOn't cry I'm sure you have a better mac now ...

extra:
Notice the two mice: 1 YAHOO! and one Apple Optical
External Hard Drive (Casing is falling apart): WD 80gb
Two Keyboards: 1 original imac keyboard, and (not in picture) then the one that came w/ my imac got water on it so now some of the keys don't work but I still use it for the eject and volume buttons.
Floppy Drive ...
and my Belkin USB hub

and lets not forget those textbooks that bring the imac to head level.
 
tRr Feb 23, 2004 02:07 AM
http://s90395158.onlinehome.us/macnn/catimac.jpg

Not mine, but my girlfriends.

Yah, she likes pink :D
 
tekno_geek911 Feb 23, 2004 11:13 PM
 
pat++ Feb 27, 2004 04:24 PM
Quote
Originally posted by tRr:
http://s90395158.onlinehome.us/macnn/catimac.jpg

Not mine, but my girlfriends.

Yah, she likes pink :D
Can you please post the desktop background image ? :D
 
sharkstank Feb 27, 2004 05:01 PM
the imac is in there... somewhere :)

http://members.cox.net/~jyuntsuyu/deskfromhell.jpg
 
HouseDigital Feb 27, 2004 05:28 PM
iMac in the Kitchen???
I have installed my 17" 1.25ghz bluetooth into our new kitchen. I have a built in cabinet underneath that houses my Tivoli Audio subwoofer, as well as a Formac TVR tuner for cable on my mac. I also have a BT keyboard and mouse to hide in the drawer. Tivoli Audio Model Two speakers are built into the kitchen counters. This iMac also feeds the rest of my house for "all house" music. I use my Nokia 3650 with "new for Symbian" salling clicker to control it. Yes I am an apple geek, and yes I love it.

Check it out.

http://homepage.mac.com/bluenote007/PhotoAlbum22.html
 
zenwave Feb 27, 2004 05:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a technology teacher in NYC, hope this shows up:

http://schools.nycenet.edu/region3/p...ology/lab1.gif

A few more pics are here:

http://schools.nycenet.edu/region3/p...mputerlab.html

Jon
 
Stogieman Feb 27, 2004 10:21 PM
Quote
Originally posted by tekno_geek911:
Heres mine:)

http://www.spymac.com/upload/gallery...load_82999.jpg
Won't that apple sticker peel off if the lava lamp gets too hot?
 
Frumpy Feb 27, 2004 10:49 PM
Hey Stogieman, where did you pick up that desk? That would be perfect for what i need! Send me an e-mail if you could. Thanks!
 
neocyberdude Feb 28, 2004 12:30 PM
Here's mine...
This gave me an excuse to clean up my desk!

http://homepage.mac.com/jlbecker/desk.jpg
 
tekno_geek911 Feb 28, 2004 06:05 PM
Quote
Originally posted by Stogieman:
Won't that apple sticker peel off if the lava lamp gets too hot?
Nope,actually when I turned it on it stuck on there better :D
 
Jalu Feb 29, 2004 08:06 AM
 
tRr Feb 29, 2004 11:07 PM
Quote
Originally posted by pat++:
Can you please post the desktop background image ? :D
No problem, I can't seem to find the site though that GomuGomu use to have!

Here are some that I managed to find, but I'll have to ask my girlfriend to send me the original.
 
Jens Peter Mar 1, 2004 11:18 AM
Re: Here's mine...
Quote
Originally posted by neocyberdude:
This gave me an excuse to clean up my desk!

snip image
Nice setup, whish I could replace my old iMac...

Is that some kind of funky mouse, next to the M$ mouse?
 
neocyberdude Mar 1, 2004 11:53 AM
Re: Re: Here's mine...
Quote
Originally posted by Jens Peter:
Nice setup, whish I could replace my old iMac...

Is that some kind of funky mouse, next to the M$ mouse?
Thanks--yes, it is pretty funky, isn't it? It's a Kidzmouse. (website seems to be down right now) That particular style is supposed to look like a dinosaur. It's for my son. The buttons are really easy to push and it's smaller to fit children's hands. He was doing fine with Apple's mouse that came with it, but I wanted him to learn how to distinguish between 2 buttons, plus he had some trouble doing a click-drag using Apple's mouse.
 
CheesePuff Mar 1, 2004 05:13 PM
Nobody has a 20" iMac to show off?
 
99RedSi Mar 2, 2004 11:15 AM
Quote
Originally posted by CheesePuff:
Nobody has a 20" iMac to show off?
I do! But I haven't had any time to post pictures since I received it last week! I'll try and do it this weekend.
 
pat++ Mar 2, 2004 03:35 PM
Quote
Originally posted by tRr:
No problem, I can't seem to find the site though that GomuGomu use to have!

Here are some that I managed to find, but I'll have to ask my girlfriend to send me the original.
ask please ;)
 
tRr Mar 3, 2004 10:52 PM
Quote
Originally posted by pat++:
ask please ;)
Here you are! :)
 
funkboy Mar 4, 2004 11:07 AM
Quote
Originally posted by tekno_geek911:
Heres mine:)

http://www.spymac.com/upload/gallery...load_82999.jpg
I have the same desk! Super-cheap, like $39 at Staples, a good desk with a big keyboard drawer :-)
At college there's no room for it in the dorm, though. Boo.

I debated whether to have the iMac perched on top of that platform or not. I did the same thing as you - put it up high. I wonder if it'd be nicer to have it lower, though.
 
pat++ Mar 4, 2004 06:11 PM
Quote
Originally posted by tRr:
Here you are! :)
Thanks :D
 
99RedSi Mar 6, 2004 02:02 PM
Here's a pic of my iMac 20" and the new desk that I bought - I love it!

http://eneuman.home.insightbb.com/imacdesk.jpg
 
antizero Mar 8, 2004 12:36 AM
99RedSi - beautiful!
 
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Copyright © 2005-2007 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2