MacNN Forums (
-   Mac News (
-   -   Forums: OS X Lion nightmares and more (

NewsPoster Jun 21, 2013 03:34 PM
Forums: OS X Lion nightmares and more
"Anyone around for quick help with an <a href="" rel='nofollow'>OSX Lion nightmare</a>?" asks one Fresh-Faced Recruit who was trying to delete fonts and now they are unable to use their system, a solution has yet to be found. Earlier this week, one Mac Elite was pondering the question "<a href="" rel='nofollow'>MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?</a>" since the MacBook Air now has the new Haswell processors. <br />
<br />
One Senior User was looking for a word processor with proper features for <a href="" rel='nofollow'>adding comments</a>, any has turned to the forums looking for answers. Forum-goers continue to discuss <a href="" rel='nofollow'>third-party apps</a> that don't quite work yet with the beta version of iOS 7. The discussion about the future of the Mac desktop environment continues today in the forum titled "<a href="" rel='nofollow'>OS X Mavericks</a>."
jimoase Jun 23, 2013 06:01 PM
Has anyone found the cure for stuttering, video stops, audio stops, keystrokes delayed for seconds before appearing?

There have been other discussions started off and on months ago each hoping the next update will fix the problem. None have.
Spheric Harlot Jun 24, 2013 04:15 AM
What are you talking about? 10.8? I'm not seeing any of those issues, other than that YouTube is extremely slow to load sometimes, but that is completely normal, across all networks, OS versions, and even platforms.
Is your question in any way related to the threads mentioned in this newsblurb? If yes, why not post in the threads? If not, why not post in the forums?
jimoase Jun 27, 2013 10:07 AM
I actually first noticed the problem with 10.7 and hoped for a fix in 10.8. The fix has not been forth coming.

I experienced the problem, most, will playing a video and a doing keyboard entries. On two occasions I have experienced the problem multiple times in a 7...9 hour period when using iTunes to play audio while not connected to any network, having turned memory caching to disk off (MBP with 16gigs RAM). The audio pauses occurred about 40...50 minutes apart.
Spheric Harlot Jun 27, 2013 10:22 AM
I suggest posting a thread in the OS X forum. Almost none of the regulars read the news comments.

Why turn off disk caching? You mean virtual memory? Does this issue happen without disabling basic system memory management?