MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   Mac News (http://forums.macnn.com/mac-news/)
-   -   OS X Yosemite includes redesigned Mail, Safari apps (http://forums.macnn.com/112/mac-news/510994/os-x-yosemite-includes-redesigned-mail/)

 
NewsPoster Jun 2, 2014 02:44 PM
OS X Yosemite includes redesigned Mail, Safari apps
In Apple's new <A href="http://www.electronista.com/articles/14/06/02/gets.ios.inspired.makeover/">OS X Yosemite</a>, Mail has received several upgrades, including faster mailbox switching and Mail Drop, which lets people send attachments up to 5GB via iCloud. The technology is integrated into Macs but generates URLs for other platforms. Email and PDFs can now be marked up via a trackpad.<br /><br />Safari has gained a single-bar UI, and its search bar has picked up favorites and Spotlight search suggestions. RSS subscriptions can be added via new menu, and show up alongside favorite links. A new tab arrangement gives a "birds-eye" glance at tabs, stacked by site. Under the hood the software now supports standards like WebGL, SPDY, IndexedDB, JavaScript Promises, CSS shapes and compositing, and HTML5 premium video. <br />
<br />
The company suggests that performance enhancements should allow up to two hours of extra battery life when streaming 1080p Netflix on a MacBook Air. <br />
<br />
 
testudo Jun 2, 2014 03:50 PM
Woohoo! Redesigned mail!

Sure it'll still be buggy, and still lose mail, still not run rules when it should, etc. But it'll look different!
 
Charles Martin Jun 2, 2014 06:28 PM
What a pathetic life you must have that you spend your time making meaningless, fact-free comments. I pity you and your apparently-cursed parents.
 
unicast reversepath Jun 2, 2014 06:50 PM
 
akent35 Jun 2, 2014 06:54 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by testudo (Post 4278979)
Woohoo! Redesigned mail!

Sure it'll still be buggy, and still lose mail, still not run rules when it should, etc. But it'll look different!
I'm sticking with Outlook, and Firefox. They both have been rock solid, and easily satisfy my needs.
 
Trygve Jun 2, 2014 08:48 PM
The should have called it Mac OS X Barstow since it's flat and ugly.
 
Grendelmon Jun 3, 2014 12:23 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by chas_m (Post 4279004)
What a pathetic life you must have that you spend your time making meaningless, fact-free comments. I pity you and your apparently-cursed parents.



Overreactive personal attacks such as yours makes you look just as bad as a troll.
 
Grendelmon Jun 3, 2014 12:25 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by NewsPoster (Post 4278958)
The company suggests that performance enhancements should allow up to two hours of extra battery life when streaming 1080p Netflix on a MacBook Air.
I haven't watched NetFlix on a Mac in years (I own three Rokus). Does it still use SilverLight?
 
RobOnTheCape Jun 5, 2014 08:56 AM
 
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.

Copyright © 2005-2007 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2