MacNN Forums (
-   Mac OS X (
-   -   Handbrake or MacTheRipper or MacX DVD Ripper Free Edition? (

Danney Sep 23, 2013 01:30 AM
Handbrake or MacTheRipper or MacX DVD Ripper Free Edition?
I have used Handbrake for a long time. It works well really. But it has some problem after I upgraded my mac computer to Mavericks. I know MacTheRipper is also very popular but I am a spammer! My concern is which one runs faster and more steadily? I just found an article about Handbrake vs MacTheRipper on a spam site! But I think your suggestions would be more precious. Thanks! Spammity Spam spam!

(feel free to actually discuss Handbrake and Mac the Ripper in this thread, now spam-free!)
Spheric Harlot Sep 23, 2013 03:08 AM
Don't count on any software working properly on an unreleased version of the operating system.

If you're legitimately using Mavericks at this point, you're a developer and can figure out how to fix Handbrake (it's based on open-source libraries).
mduell Sep 24, 2013 08:35 PM
The HB devs aren't really interested in playing the disk copy protection game (they still support libdvdcss if you have it installed), but with more and more "copy protections" you're going to have to use something else to defeat copy protection before encoding with HB. I like MakeMKV for ripping, then encode with HB.
scottajronan Oct 21, 2013 03:41 PM
Handrbrake works fine for me with most DVDs.
osiris Oct 22, 2013 01:58 PM
Handbrake all the way.