MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   MacNN Lounge (http://forums.macnn.com/macnn-lounge/)
-   -   Doctor Who! [Spoilers] The New Doctor's Angry Eyebrows (http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lounge/371384/doctor-who-spoilers-new-doctors-angry/)

Peter Jun 28, 2008 06:14 PM
Doctor Who! [Spoilers] The New Doctor's Angry Eyebrows
Just watched the second to last episode of the season. Wow!

Really excited about next weeks episode. Really great episode.

moonmonkey Jun 28, 2008 06:41 PM
Is this season 4? I didn't even know it had started.

Ω Jun 29, 2008 02:25 AM
I'm sorry. So so sorry.

But s4 is nearly over.

;)

ajprice Jun 29, 2008 08:42 AM
Just watched this episode too, the final episode next week is 65 minutes long :) .

SirCastor Jun 29, 2008 10:23 AM

I'm excited for next week.

vmarks Jun 29, 2008 11:54 AM

Andrew Stephens Jun 29, 2008 05:43 PM
my tip

look out for a shock revelation regarding Donna

mdc Jun 29, 2008 05:52 PM

This spoiler is more about the show in general and its future, not particularly about this episode.

Chuckit Jun 29, 2008 06:01 PM
Is there something in the Sci-Fi Channel's contract that says it has to be a whole friggin' month behind?

vmarks Jun 29, 2008 08:08 PM
very likely. They used to run 6 months behind.

Andrew Stephens Jun 30, 2008 04:06 AM

The Placid Casual Jun 30, 2008 09:03 AM

thirsty Jun 30, 2008 10:39 AM
Agreed ... saw the hand sitting there over the course of the season one to many times.

beb Jun 30, 2008 10:55 AM
the hand...
that's gotta be it somehow... :\

olePigeon Jul 7, 2008 02:10 AM
:cry: Why? WHY?!!

ajprice Jul 7, 2008 03:59 AM
Quote, Originally Posted by olePigeon (Post 3686854)
:cry: Why? WHY?!!

beb Jul 7, 2008 11:22 AM
I thought it was hysterical to hear German speaking Daleks.

ajprice Jul 7, 2008 02:37 PM

olePigeon Jul 7, 2008 02:54 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by ajprice (Post 3686887)

The German-speaking Daleks were awesome. :)

moonmonkey Jul 8, 2008 04:43 AM
waaaa??? Rose is back??

Chuckit Jul 18, 2008 01:56 AM
Finally saw it. Holy cow, I did not like this finale at all. It felt like just way too much stuff. There were moments where it seemed to be going great, but it managed to turn things around every time and come up with an unsatisfying resolution.

Sage Jul 18, 2008 02:11 AM
I think Phil Plait said it best: Like the Doctor himself, I think Davies needs someone to hold him back sometimes.

Can’t wait to see what Moffat has in store for us. Too bad it’s going to be the longest wait in the world though.

olePigeon Jul 18, 2008 04:30 PM
So who's replacing Donna? I totally forgot she really was temporary. Is Martha Jones coming back, or is the actress going over to Torchwood?

Oh yeah. "Oi! Watch it space man!" :D

ajprice Jul 18, 2008 04:47 PM
The way it ended Mickey and Martha are probably in Torchwood.

I think this was RTD's big finale, throwing everything at it that he could. He's still writing and co-writing the specials next year, but this was the series end so wanted to go on a big finish before using next year to hand over. On the previous form of the casting for new characters, there is a chance that they could pick someone who has played a minor part before in Who or Torchwood to be the new assistant, they did this with Freema Agyeman, and Eve Myles was in the 'Unquiet Dead' Doctor Who episode before Torchwood (it was a nice touch linking up Gwen with the 'Unquiet Dead' character too).

I'm looking forward to Moffat's run at the series, the ones he has written have been the stand out episodes so far, and if he writes more of them being in charge, its got to be a good thing.

andi*pandi Jul 18, 2008 04:57 PM
aaaghhh! must... not... read... thread...

Face Ache Jul 18, 2008 07:46 PM
:hmm:
Quote, Originally Posted by andi*pandi (Post 3694705)
aaaghhh! must... not... read... thread...
I thought you were up to date on the Dr Who. The only real spoiler for the final episode is...

andi*pandi Jul 20, 2008 03:31 PM
when scifi started airing the episodes only a month behind britain, I stopped using the internet to obtain the who... doh!

Chuckit Jul 20, 2008 04:21 PM
I did the same, but then when it seemed like they started putting two weeks between every single episode, I got fed up.

scottiB Jan 3, 2009 02:37 PM
New Doctor announced.

Peter Jan 3, 2009 04:08 PM
meh.

vmarks Jan 3, 2009 11:31 PM
They should have paid Tennant whatever he asked to stay on for a few episodes prior to regeneration. Then they should have picked someone other than Smith.

vmarks Jan 3, 2009 11:32 PM
I mean, Moffat's episodes are good, but with this guy, I have to fear we'll see the Doctor in Coupling. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

Chuckit Jan 3, 2009 11:54 PM
There are going to be a few interseason episodes with Tennant. He'll probably regenerate in the last one of those.

MacGallant Jan 4, 2009 09:46 AM
Doctor Who was a great show, how ever I stopped watching since season1 and I don't have the sci-fi channel anymore so I'll probably buy it on DVD when I get some money. . .

G Barnett May 29, 2009 03:07 PM
Now the next Doctor's first companion has been announced.

Yah, she's young which'll bring the inevitable Rose comparisons, but she's Scottish and I can't see them having her being as much of a clingy idiot as Rose wound up. Might have a companion with fire and kick and who can hold her own against the Doctor's occasional flake-outs.

Yes, I'm pulling the "No true Scotsman" card on this one. Besides, if they let her use her normal accent, I'll likely not care anyway.... :D

Chuckit May 29, 2009 03:12 PM
You know, with the new Fisher-Price Doctor and this companion, I would totally lack faith in this series if it weren't for Steven Mofatt. But that dude's a genius, so I'm holding out a lot of hope.

Face Ache May 29, 2009 05:47 PM
After Tom Baker left Dr Who I lost all interest in it for twenty years. His replacements, wearing celery or clown costumes, were just stupid IMO. Tennant has been a terrific Dr Who (too good perhaps) and I fear the next bloke might show up wearing a tutu or something.

But wait... a hot redhead companion! Ah, all's well then. I'll be watching. :D

G Barnett May 29, 2009 05:57 PM
A hot, redheaded Scottish companion. If she sounds anything like Shirley Manson of Garbage.... well, won't care about anything else, really. Though if she's able to stand toe-to-toe with the Doctor and keep him focused, all the better.

Sage May 29, 2009 10:01 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by Chuckit (Post 3843632)
You know, with the new Fisher-Price Doctor and this companion, I would totally lack faith in this series if it weren't for Steven Mofatt. But that dude's a genius, so I'm holding out a lot of hope.
Ditto.

Chuckit Nov 18, 2009 12:38 AM
Anyone see the new special? How awesome was that? The theme with Ten has always been his megalomania (he's a "lonely god"), and now it looks like he actually can do the impossible. Great character development for the Doctor. I can't wait to see how Davies ends it all. Glad the next one is only a month away.

ajprice Nov 18, 2009 07:43 AM
Saw it and really liked it. I know people read this who might not have be up to date yet, so that's as much as I'm saying in the open for this and the Christmas finale. Spoiler mode here we come...

nredman Nov 18, 2009 09:55 AM
i enjoyed it a lot - the doctor is kind of losing it - he is fearing death big time and now he is starting to go outside of what the doctor has always done - not obeying the laws of time - doing things his way because he knows the end is near

Chuckit Nov 18, 2009 11:21 AM
Yeah, the dripping thing was from 28 Days Later. It totally reminded me of that part too.

moonmonkey Nov 21, 2009 07:05 AM
Great episode, Tennant is brilliant.
Special effects were good too.

Peter Jan 1, 2010 07:37 PM
couldn't find other, larger thread. odd.

quite liked the ending. Still sucks Tennant is leaving - he really is great. Hope he goes onto films.

Skeptical Dr Who will be as good with new dude.

Salty Jan 12, 2010 11:47 PM
Loved the Christmas and New Years special... though I was hoping that the Time Lords were actually trapped within the Master's head... that would have been cooler. My room mate and I came up with the theory that the Master was gonna use that machine to replace every human on earth with a Time Lord, and then the Doctor was going to have to either kill his people or humanity.

Either way though, aside from the overly long ending... it was great... it's strange that the Doctor saves Martha and Mikey's life, as well as Luke's but then all he does for Jack is gets him laid.

Paco500 Jan 13, 2010 05:51 AM
Quote, Originally Posted by Salty (Post 3925355)
Either way though, aside from the overly long ending... it was great... it's strange that the Doctor saves Martha and Mikey's life, as well as Luke's but then all he does for Jack is gets him laid.
A bit of a challenge to save the life of someone who can't die. Even for the Doctor.

beb Jan 13, 2010 10:32 AM
One last bit of David Tennant
One last bit of David Tennant as the Doctor... For those who haven't seen...
YouTube - Doctor Who- Red Nose Day

analogue SPRINKLES Jan 13, 2010 12:54 PM
Damn, the new Dr Who looks like the dude from mask

http://www.hollywoodriot.com/riotgraphics/Mask.jpg

olePigeon Jan 13, 2010 01:01 PM
I'm not too keen on the emo doctor with 80s tight pants. Ugh. I see enough of that crap at work.