MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   MacNN Lounge (http://forums.macnn.com/macnn-lounge/)
-   -   What Does Two Kilos of Blow Go For These Days? (http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lounge/498736/what-does-two-kilos-blow-go/)

subego Mar 9, 2013 12:18 PM
What Does Two Kilos of Blow Go For These Days?
I'm curious.

reader50 Mar 9, 2013 01:19 PM
If you're trying to score some plastique, shouldn't this go in Marketplace?

subego Mar 9, 2013 01:41 PM
Craigslist's got me covered on that front.

Shaddim Mar 9, 2013 03:18 PM
Last I heard, 150/gr, then apply ~30% discount. Multiply that by .5 if it's completely uncut. Why do you ask? :err:

subego Mar 9, 2013 03:22 PM
I heard a coke mule story which didn't add up.

Shaddim Mar 9, 2013 03:43 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by subego (Post 4220930)
I heard a coke mule story which didn't add up.
Someone purportedly having half a million in powder stuffed up their bum?

reader50 Mar 9, 2013 03:50 PM
Perhaps the one about the mule that smoked some of his smuggled plastique. He got very "high" before it was over.

subego Mar 9, 2013 04:22 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by Shaddim (Post 4220933)
Someone purportedly having half a million in powder stuffed up their bum?
You know what they say... half a million in hand is worth two keys in the butt.

Shaddim Mar 9, 2013 05:00 PM
That's a mighty large butt. :eek:

cgc Mar 10, 2013 07:53 AM
You ever watch Locked Up Abroad (I think it's a National Geographic channel show)? Of course they're only showing people who get caught but it amazes me how clever the smugglers are but the Customs and/or law enforcement people seem to be one step ahead. Interesting game of cat and mouse...

Waragainstsleep Mar 10, 2013 08:37 AM
Thats a picture they paint on purpose to discourage people. Of course the truth is that they have no idea how many don't get caught and given how easy it is to score drugs in any city in the world, its safe to assume that an awful lot is getting through.

Since when is plastique slang for coke? I always thought it referred to plastic explosives.

$150 a gram sounds pretty high to me as a base rate. In this country I think you pay £30 for very poor quality stuff up to £80 for good stuff or crap stuff in London if you look like an idiot to the seller. That would top out at ~$120 a gram so if you factor in a bulk discount then maybe the uncut stuff would be more like $150. Its going to depend massively on where in the world you go and how far up the food chain you can get to buy it. If you went to Colombia and smuggled it home yourself it would probably be more like $50K a key, if that.

subego Mar 10, 2013 10:30 AM
Quote, Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep (Post 4220967)
Since when is plastique slang for coke? I always thought it referred to plastic explosives.
Oh... from way back. Try it at your next deal. ;)

subego Mar 10, 2013 02:15 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by cgc (Post 4220965)
You ever watch Locked Up Abroad (I think it's a National Geographic channel show)? Of course they're only showing people who get caught but it amazes me how clever the smugglers are but the Customs and/or law enforcement people seem to be one step ahead. Interesting game of cat and mouse...
I've found watching anything even remotely related to prison only serves to piss me off.

This show was an example. I saw it very close to my decision not to watch things like that anymore.

cgc Mar 10, 2013 03:43 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by subego (Post 4221018)
I've found watching anything even remotely related to prison only serves to piss me off.

This show was an example. I saw it very close to my decision not to watch things like that anymore.
Yeah, kind of like watching Titanic, not much point cuz you know how it's going to end.

Shaddim Mar 10, 2013 05:07 PM
Thats a picture they paint on purpose to discourage people. Of course the truth is that they have no idea how many don't get caught and given how easy it is to score drugs in any city in the world, its safe to assume that an awful lot is getting through.

$150 a gram sounds pretty high to me as a base rate. In this country I think you pay £30 for very poor quality stuff up to £80 for good stuff or crap stuff in London if you look like an idiot to the seller. That would top out at ~$120 a gram so if you factor in a bulk discount then maybe the uncut stuff would be more like $150. Its going to depend massively on where in the world you go and how far up the food chain you can get to buy it. If you went to Colombia and smuggled it home yourself it would probably be more like $50K a key, if that.
From what I understand, so little has a high % of purity that real blow is very expensive. Now it's normally being cut by 50% before it even leaves the CoO.

Waragainstsleep Mar 10, 2013 06:28 PM
In logistical terms, it would make sense not to cut it until its much nearer its target market. Smaller volume to sneak around with.

mduell Mar 11, 2013 01:57 AM
I'd love to see an updated copy of http://www.unodc.org/pdf/WDR_2006/wd...p5_cocaine.pdf

The price really dropped in 1999. I wonder if there was a similar drop in 2008.

If you went to Colombia and smuggled it home yourself it would probably be more like $50K a key, if that.
You're at least an order of magnitude high. 90% purity in Colombia was $1700 in 2004 and I doubt it's gone up that much since.

Phileas Mar 11, 2013 10:33 AM
I've got a Colombian friend/honorable aunt who's from a native background. Many years ago, when I was just about to make my first international move, she gave me a small carving of a local god, holding a coca leaf. The carving itself was wrapped in more coca leaves, paper and then with a piece of fabric she had woven herself.

She told me that wherever I lived, to take one leaf and put it in the corner of the house, then sprinkle it with a little bit of alcohol. This would drive any bad spirits away. The god was to be placed, in its bed of leaves and tightly wrapped, in the middle of the home so he could protect it. She told me that the mothers of her people would give a carving like this to their sons when they became men.

The leaves have long turned to dust, but the carving, in its bed of crumbling paper and wrapped in the fabric she wove, still lives in my house and always will.

ShortcutToMoncton Mar 11, 2013 01:28 PM
Well that story did not end the way I was expecting

reader50 Mar 11, 2013 02:39 PM
Somehow, I expected the carving to be hollow. Followed by breakin attempts at your home. Or advice to break the statue if life had beaten you down.

subego Mar 11, 2013 04:50 PM
Only to find some C4.

Phileas Mar 11, 2013 04:56 PM
If the story had ended the way you guys were expecting it I don't think I would have shared it here.

Bozo the Parolee Mar 15, 2013 01:09 PM
It's all about heroin now it seems.