MacNN Forums (http://forums.macnn.com/)
-   Networking (http://forums.macnn.com/networking/)
-   -   Ethernet will not connect (http://forums.macnn.com/92/networking/507671/ethernet-will-not-connect/)

 
mkerr64 Jan 22, 2014 11:38 PM
Ethernet will not connect
Hi there
I am currently running on the latest version of OS X. I have my MacPro directly connected to my Airport extreme. If i put my computer to sleep and wake it up, it spontaneously does not connect to the internet. I have to unplug airport, and restart my computer to get internet working again

When i go to settings>internet my ethernet has this
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800...0/841/xcap.png

Any suggestions as to how I can overcome this problem?
Thank you!
 
Ω Jan 23, 2014 04:35 AM
Have you assigned the IP address manually or DHCP? Not an expert.
 
reader50 Jan 23, 2014 05:56 AM
Try rebooting your Airport Extreme, and/or check how its configured. Your symptoms could be caused by the AE's DHCP server glitching, rather than anything on the Mac Pro side.

Simple question - have you tried a different ethernet cable?
 
mkerr64 Jan 23, 2014 07:53 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by Ω (Post 4265148)
Have you assigned the IP address manually or DHCP? Not an expert.
i tried to renew the DHCP Lease but nothing happens. I have not played around with the IP address settings.
 
mkerr64 Jan 23, 2014 07:55 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by reader50 (Post 4265149)
Try rebooting your Airport Extreme, and/or check how its configured. Your symptoms could be caused by the AE's DHCP server glitching, rather than anything on the Mac Pro side.

Simple question - have you tried a different ethernet cable?
I have tried another ethernet cable and the same problem exists. no other computer/ device gets impacted just the MacPro.
I have to reboot Airport Express and restart the computer to get ethernet working again.
I've tried to renew DHCP lease but it does nothing.
 
ibook_steve Jan 24, 2014 05:24 PM
If you connect directly to your DSL/cable modem, does it work OK?

As suggested, you should try a static IP address (set it manually in your 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x address range).

Steve
 
mkerr64 Jan 24, 2014 05:37 PM
Quote, Originally Posted by ibook_steve (Post 4265351)
If you connect directly to your DSL/cable modem, does it work OK?

As suggested, you should try a static IP address (set it manually in your 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x address range).

Steve
I've tired connecting it directly and the same issue persists. How do I go about changing the address manually?
 
ghporter Jan 25, 2014 08:52 AM
Settings | Network | Ethernet, then select the TCP/IP (or address) option. Choose Manual and enter an IP in the range your Airport device uses. You'll also have to manually enter the Subnet Mask (use 254.254.254.0) and Server address (your Airport's IP).
 
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Copyright © 2005-2007 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2