Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Choppy video in all players except VLC

Choppy video in all players except VLC
Roseetje
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2015, 09:26 AM

There is a video that is choppy when I play it in Flipplayer or quicktime, but is great in VLC. The audio is fine in both. The movie needs to be played on a TV without the option to install VLC. Do you have any suggestions on how to get the file working in other players? I have tried to convert it in Final cut to a quicktime movie but even in the Final cut player it is Choppy.

I use a Macbook pro
Video info: (from VLC)
codec: H264 - MPEG4 - AVC (part 10) (avc1)
resolution: 1920x1090
Frame Rate: 29.970000

I didn't edited the movie myself. It would be very helpful to know what could possibly be the problem with the file!

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Apr 28, 2015, 09:48 AM

What model MacBook Pro?

reader50
Administrator
Apr 28, 2015, 03:47 PM

Use a video info utility to check how it's encoded. Such as Medio-Info or iMediaHUD or VideoSpec.

The video may have 10-bit colors, or an unusually high bitrate. Or the audio could have an insanely-high bitrate. If you can identify the cause, you can reencode with Handbrake to more normal settings.

panjandrum
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2015, 07:24 PM

It's not worth your time trying to figure out what the root of the problem is, seeing as it is just that one video. Just re-encode that puppy with Handbrake and be done with it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules