Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > More font issues

More font issues
Enigmatik
Jun 12, 2006, 06:45 PM

Gargh!

Ok following my font booboo the other day, I have just realised I have another issue.

I think im missing some key font(s) from somewhere cause some dialog boxers are not rendered properly

http://www.phaze1.net/images/grab2.jpg

I know for a fact the photoshop dialog box is wrong, and the widgets do not look right, especially the airtravel one.

Anyone any ideas of what i could be missing?
( Last edited by tooki; Jun 13, 2006 at 02:23 AM. )

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jun 13, 2006, 02:30 AM

1. I changed the second image to a link, because it exceeded the maximum image size we allow.
2. I changed the thread title, because it violated the naming rules (no unnecessary "!", and no "Help needed!" type of messages, since they add zero information). (Your other font thread's title was a model of what a title should not be.)

Please take the time to familiarize yourself with our rules, which are linked from every thread listing.

As for your problem: use a utility such as Tiger Cache Cleaner to remove your font caches.

I'd also consider using Pacifist to restore fresh, virginal copies of the /System/Library/Fonts and /Library/Fonts folders and their contents from the Mac OS X install disc. And then don't ever monkey with the /System folder in any way. It's locked for a reason, as you now know. Then use a font manager (I suggest Linotype FontExplorer, which is full-featured and free) to manage fonts, rather than by adding them to the various Fonts folders.

tooki
( Last edited by tooki; Jun 13, 2006 at 02:37 AM. )

Enigmatik  (op)
Jun 13, 2006, 02:15 PM

Spot on that mate, solved all my problems! Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules