Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto album reorganize?

iPhoto album reorganize?
dennisbolt
Sep 21, 2004, 03:06 AM

I searched an could not find this topic....

Well, I have more than 3000 pictures into iPhoto, and I have dutifully organized them into a couple dozen albums.

But I find the simple list of albums kinda annoying. My list is a lot longer than the window allows. I wish I could nest albums inside each other like finder folders. Can't seem to do that???

Also how can you have the newest albums created at the top?? Why can't this window operate like a finder window???

If the apps are supposed to be alike...Address book allows for nested groups, so albums should be the same as well as playlists.

???

thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 06:55 AM

At the moment, I don't believe you'll find any way to create sub-albums as such in iPhoto. I agree, it'd be nice to categorise them some more, especially with lots of photos (I have over 10,000). My hunch is that it will be in the next version of iPhoto, whenever that comes.

dennisbolt  (op)
Sep 22, 2004, 12:20 AM

Yeah, you would think that this kind or better organizing tools would be a natural progression s now that people have thousands of photos and hundreds of albums. I wish the keyword assigning process was easier and more streamlines.

plus I would love a traditional magnifying glass in the editing toolbox-that zoom is very counterintuitive to me (used to photoshop Quark, InD and drawing programs) Yeah I don't do a lot of editing iniPhoto, but I would like to zoom easier to check our red-eye (which I think iPhoto is great at!!)

thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2004, 12:32 AM

A tip with the zooming (not sure if you know this already) is that you can select an area you want to zoom into first, then use the zoom slider, and it will zoom into that area.

I find that quicker than zooming in to a desired size, then scrolling around the picture, then adjusting the zoom.

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2004, 02:36 AM

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphoto.html

I've sent the above feedback adress a request about nested albums and it won't hurt if you do, too. It might even nudge it up a bit on the priorities list

J

Parky
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2004, 11:10 AM

I found a great feature that let me minimise the number of Film Rolls I had.

If you want to merge a number of Film Rolls together, then simply select the film roll you want to merge into another and drag it onto the Film Roll you want it to go into.

The original film roll will be removed and all the photos will be moved into the other film roll.

This let me move a lot of small similar rolls together.

This also work on a photo by photo basis, i.e. you can move photos from one film roll to another.

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

dennisbolt  (op)
Sep 23, 2004, 02:26 AM

Purple..:

Is it just me...but drawing a marquee and then clicking the zoom arrows/slider seems to take twice as many clicks as selecting the magnifying glass than then drawing a box that is exactly as big as you want the window to zoom??

I open a photo in a new window, draw a marquee around the detail area,and then use the arrow buttons. But it always takes 5-6 clicks of the button to finally zoom into my marquee. What the heck am I missing??

I used the feedback page-cool.

Forum Links
Forum Rules