Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > "the report may be revised to reflect the government's positive view of the station"

"the report may be revised to reflect the government's positive view of the station"
Taliesin
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2004, 06:26 AM

... Currently the report slams US arabic radio station.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3743624.stm
Discuss.

Personally I think it's more interesting to discuss the legitimacy, the pros and cons of US-propaganda-radio like "Voice of America" and "Radio Sawa", than the policy of revising reports from the state department to better reflect the government's views, but do as you please, have fun.

Taliesin

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2004, 11:25 AM

Well, a few months ago when I was in Jordan, I had Radio Sawa on nearly all the time, I'm ashamed to admit. Being so close to Israel meant the radio picked up more Hebrew stations than anything else so I didn't have much choice.

Anywho, not once did I hear anything except music! They usually play one Western song followed by an Arabic one. There was no political discussion of any sort whenever I happened to be listening...

Keep up the good work Radio Sawa, your constant playing of Brittany Spears' songs ensures that the Arab World will continue to despise the West,

eklipse
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2004, 03:46 PM

Originally posted by lil'babykitten:
Keep up the good work Radio Sawa, your constant playing of Brittany Spears' songs ensures that the Arab World will continue to despise the West,
The suicide bombings suddenly make sense.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2004, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by eklipse:
The suicide bombings suddenly make sense.
Heck, if that was all I could get on the radio I would be strapping a bomb to myself and heading down to the radio station . . . or going to the source and trying to get Britney.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Forum Links
Forum Rules