Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iMovie 4 video length?

iMovie 4 video length?
melman101
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 12, 2004, 04:39 PM

Hey all. I didn't get a chance to watch the Keynote and I searched Apple.com for any info but couldnt find anything. Is there gonna be a time limit on the amount of footage i want to import in iMovie. I got about 3 hours of dvd footage that i want to import would that be good enough? Or should I shell out an get FCP express?

Mel

S|ntax
Jan 13, 2004, 03:23 AM

it asks you to cut down anything over 2 gig.

parsec_kadets
Senior User
Jan 13, 2004, 12:56 PM

The only limit that I know of is the size of your hard drive. The above poster is partially correct, iMovie does force you to limit your clips to 2GB. However, it will will split your video into clips for you while you're importing. You can string together as many clips as you want to make a movie as far as I know. The only time the clip size issue comes into play is if you're using clips imported from some other application. Some movie editing apps support 4GB clips. If you don't trim those down iMovie will not be able to use them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules