Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Good phone from Bell Mobility?

Good phone from Bell Mobility?
rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2009, 09:38 PM

My cellphone contract is expiring at the end of the month. I plan to get a new phone from Bell Mobility and would like a phone with built-in GPS. Do they offer any GPS phones that don't require having a data plan or nickel and dime you every time you want directions? Their current phones can be found here: http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpWl...pListView.page

Also, if anyone has any hands-on experience with their phones and could comment on which ones are useable and which ones to steer clear off, I'd appreciate it. Right now i'm leaning towards either the Samsung vice, LG Bliss (Versa), or LG Rumor 2.
( Last edited by rjenkinson; Aug 9, 2009 at 09:45 PM. )

Yose
Senior User
Aug 9, 2009, 06:58 PM

They should have the Palm Pre August 27th.

Try not to sign a contract right now, especially with the new players coming into the market this fall.
Yose.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

dzp111
Senior User
Aug 9, 2009, 08:10 PM

Rumour has it that Bell will pick up the iPhone in the near future. How true that is I haven't a clue. It depends on the Rogers/Apple contract. And yes (as far as I know), Bell is upgrading their signals to gms. So I've heard.
.................................................. .................................................. ..................................www.DNCH.com

.................................................. .................................................. .......................www.daniel.poirier.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules