Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > DVD Fast Copy 2.5 for OS X

DVD Fast Copy 2.5 for OS X
turk.o
Forum Regular
Aug 14, 2004, 12:21 PM

Does anyone have any experience with this app? i know others are available for free, but this one seems to have the best feature-set and UI, plus it is one app for everything instead of three which i assume will save time. i found an old thread, but it was for earlier versions, and i am (of course) interested in reviews of the most recent version. There was a vry positive review in the new macworld, but i was hoping to get some real users' experoiences.

thanks in advance,

t.o

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2004, 02:51 PM

I am downloading 2.5 as I write this, but I've been using 2.0.3 for awhile and I've gotta say, I like the program. Its much easier than anything I've seen, and you can keep the menu's and choose to keep other features to keep the quality good. It's the only program I've used that works on the DVD players in my house and stuff.

The only con is that its $100!

Thats pretty much all it comes down too, its a great program to make backups/copy dvds, but are you willing to spend the $100?

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 15, 2004, 02:29 AM

Does this software work for anyone? My buddy just purchased it and it seems that almost every other disk turns into a coaster. Any advice?

Big Daddy P
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 15, 2004, 07:27 AM

Also using it...made many great copies. Occassionally run into some problems, especially with Star Wars discs which probably have some hellifying new copy protection scheme!

Discs play on my new Zenith db318 upconvert DVD player well, but won't play on older DVD players or certain brands.

hldan
Mac Elite
Nov 15, 2004, 03:56 PM

Anyone interested in purchasing this app can get a $20.00 coupon code at www.versiontracker.com

Search for Fast DVDCopy and it will show you the coupon code and then point you to the Velan web sight to download the latest 3.0 version.
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

bseely
Nov 15, 2004, 08:19 PM

For anyone who keeps getting coasters, double-check the preferences for FastDVDCopy - it was set to the fastest speed my DVD burner supported even though my discs weren't rated that fast. So I had to bring it down.

Forum Links
Forum Rules