Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I didn't get it from an email

I didn't get it from an email
Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2006, 08:32 PM

I didn't get it from an eamil. I got it from another web site. How do you search for a paragraph of misspelled words?

I've been here for a while and have never seen another post similar, but I am all ears, please show me the previous post.

I can't respond since you locked it.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Language (Can You Raed Tihs?)

In any event, this is O-L-D, and so I am closing it.

To all: please check Snopes -- and our own lounge via search -- for things you get in forwarded emails. In all likelihood, they've been posted here before repeatedly and are thus unwelcome. (Never minding that most forwarded emails are pure fiction anyway, and thus already undesirable.)

tooki

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 14, 2006, 08:35 PM

Dude, seriously, starting a new thread justifying your action is NOT gonna make up for it.

-t

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2006, 08:40 PM

I once started a thread with material I got from an email. It was a huge success, but I am sorry that yours backfired.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 14, 2006, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Godfather
I once started a thread with material I got from an email. It was a huge success, but I am sorry that yours backfired.

-t

FireWire
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2006, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
How do you search for a paragraph of misspelled words?
Good point!
Originally Posted by what_the_heck
Dude, seriously, starting a new thread justifying your action is NOT gonna make up for it.
Hum? Like he did something wrong... Like he said, it's not like it's easy to search for a similar thread before posting...

Furthurmore, I think it's always good to explain our action. Since the thread is locked, one cannot explain and/or apologize if applicable. The best would be a "discussion" feature, à la Wikipedia. The page may be protected (locked) but you still can discuss it in the background.

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2006, 09:10 PM

I appolagize for starting this thread. I was pissed because Tooki has NO tackt whatsoever.

He does not know how to post ANY message closing a thread with a little tackt. He dosen't need to slam the poster, with no oppurtunity for the poster to apolagize or try to set the facts straight.

He assumes too much and answers everything with a axe.

Buckaroo  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2006, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by FireWire
Good point!
Hum? Like he did something wrong... Like he said, it's not like it's easy to search for a similar thread before posting...

Furthurmore, I think it's always good to explain our action. Since the thread is locked, one cannot explain and/or apologize if applicable. The best would be a "discussion" feature, à la Wikipedia. The page may be protected (locked) but you still can discuss it in the background.

Wow, you read my mind and posted while I was trying to put my feelings in words.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 14, 2006, 10:10 PM

I appolagize for starting this thread. I was pissed because Tooki has NO tackt whatsoever.

He does not know how to post ANY message closing a thread with a little tackt. He dosen't need to slam the poster, with no oppurtunity for the poster to apolagize or try to set the facts straight.

He assumes too much and answers everything with a axe.
I agree, tooki can be harsh.

But on the other hand, be glad he didn't banninate you. It's just a fact that some judgments here at 'NN are harsh, and there is nothing you can do. Well, there is one thing: leave.

-t

Person Man
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2006, 10:45 PM

... tackt ...

... tackt ...
tact.

Forum Links
Forum Rules