Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Eminem's Mosh

Eminem's Mosh
jojo gunne
Oct 28, 2004, 04:05 PM

black hooded sweatshirts are selling well. try and find one made in usa tho.

music video by m n m. i'm not much of a fan but it's cool.

it took about 30 seconds to load for me...so be patient.

http://www.gnn.tv/content/eminem_mosh.html
( Last edited by jojo gunne; Oct 28, 2004 at 04:22 PM. )

LOL!!1!11!

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2004, 04:34 PM

eminem -

eminem's Mosh -

well worth the download

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

PacHead
Baninated
Oct 28, 2004, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by nredman:
eminem -

eminem's Mosh -

well worth the download
Not really. . . . . . .

Not Found

The requested URL /content/viewer.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) PHP/5.0.0RC2 DAV/2 Server at www.gnn.tv Port 80

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2004, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
Not really. . . . . . .

Not Found

The requested URL /content/viewer.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) PHP/5.0.0RC2 DAV/2 Server at www.gnn.tv Port 80
works for me

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

PacHead
Baninated
Oct 28, 2004, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by nredman:
works for me
Which one -

broadband or modem ? i only tried broadband, modem sucks donkey balls, and I refuse to watch such low quality.

Saad
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2004, 10:25 PM

Broadband works for me. Certainly the most attractive Eminem viedo yet. Too bad he released it months after the registration deadlines in some states.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2004, 10:38 PM

While stylistically, it's not too shabby (nice use of cel shading, but the really bad looking 3D parts are ), the point is dumb. Bush Sr and Jr with devil horns, "Bush Knew! **** all over the wall. Come on Eminem, we all know you're a little uh�hostile towards gays and Kim, but don't take it out on us with this crap. Nobody cares what some rapper thinks of politics and conspiracy theories. If this was somehow supposed to sway someone, too little too late.

Better luck next time.

[Oh yeah, rap is dogshit.]

Also note the poor use of the word mosh.

Kilbey
Baninated
Oct 30, 2004, 01:27 AM

I don't understand why there is use of such violent images in this video. Why does he have to act so thugish? Oh yeah, to sell records. It's all image.

With this video M-n-M has distanced me from the Kerry camp. If these are the kinds of supporters on Kerry's side I cannot sympathize with him or them.

M-n-M is so vain. He music is too self centered. Even in this song, when he is trying to get a point across, he can't keep his own "poor me, my life was so hard, please pity me" on going theme out.

Luckily he's off the public radar.

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2004, 01:38 AM

Originally posted by jojo gunne:
black hooded sweatshirts are selling well. try and find one made in usa tho.

music video by m n m. i'm not much of a fan but it's cool.

it took about 30 seconds to load for me...so be patient.

http://www.gnn.tv/content/eminem_mosh.html
http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=233198

u reed gud

(STOP POSTING)
<some witty quote that identifies my originality as a person except for the fact everyone else does the same thing>

mikellanes
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2004, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by Kilbey:
Yes with the #1 Video he is out of sight...

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2004, 09:50 AM

Originally posted by Kilbey:
I don't understand why there is use of such violent images in this video. Why does he have to act so thugish? Oh yeah, to sell records. It's all image.

With this video M-n-M has distanced me from the Kerry camp. If these are the kinds of supporters on Kerry's side I cannot sympathize with him or them.

M-n-M is so vain. He music is too self centered. Even in this song, when he is trying to get a point across, he can't keep his own "poor me, my life was so hard, please pity me" on going theme out.

Was it the F911-esque scene, or the whole "Bush knew�screw the Republicans" thing?

Of course after a quasi-funny MJ bash, he puts this out. And most likely, the kids putting bras on trees at MTV will eat this up with all the wannabe punk crap that they play.

Kilbey
Baninated
Oct 30, 2004, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by CreepingDeath:
Was it the F911-esque scene, or the whole "Bush knew�screw the Republicans" thing?

Of course after a quasi-funny MJ bash, he puts this out. And most likely, the kids putting bras on trees at MTV will eat this up with all the wannabe punk crap that they play.
It didn't really detect a 9/11-esque scene. It was the loser/thug image Eminem likes to portray. Like he's still some poor soul who can only afford black pull overs to keep warm. And that everyone want to be like him. And the angry expression towards all forms of authority.

I am sure it will sell a lot of singles. Which is the true intention all along.

The best part is that this song will die quickly. I mean in 4 years can you imagine hearing this song again? Kind of like 99% of the rap out today. It has no shelf life. Now old Beastie Boys... I was just listening to that yesterday in the car with a few friends. That has repeatability.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2004, 11:13 AM

Not a Beastie Boys fan.

I was talking about the Fahrenheit 9/11 scene with a plane going above a school in the beginning, then it shows Eminem as Bush reading about a goat.
Let's see: Michael Moore, Osama bin Laden, and Eminem all seem to be mentioning that goat thing�hmm�

Eminem is still a punk who probably makes more money than the combined net income of my small little development. God I wish rap would just die. This whole "gangsta" crap is growing old real fast, especially when most of the people who like it are guys in suburbia. Too bad the only people who like Eminem are 10 year old white kids, kinda like the episode of Chappelle's Show where the two guys switch families and the black guy dumps the wannabe gangsta on the street. [That was hilarious. ]

Kilbey
Baninated
Oct 30, 2004, 11:35 AM

Not a Beastie Boys fan.

I was talking about the Fahrenheit 9/11 scene with a plane going above a school in the beginning, then it shows Eminem as Bush reading about a goat.
Let's see: Michael Moore, Osama bin Laden, and Eminem all seem to be mentioning that goat thing�hmm�

Eminem is still a punk who probably makes more money than the combined net income of my small little development. God I wish rap would just die. This whole "gangsta" crap is growing old real fast, especially when most of the people who like it are guys in suburbia. Too bad the only people who like Eminem are 10 year old white kids, kinda like the episode of Chappelle's Show where the two guys switch families and the black guy dumps the wannabe gangsta on the street. [That was hilarious. ]
I am not a Beastie Boys fan either, I just like the Licensed to Ill album. It's more of a reminiscing about my youth than anything else.

I never saw Fahrenheit 9/11. There does seem to be a goat obsession.

I think the iPod commercial that Eminem sued Apple over really spotlighted his true fans. 10-12 year old boys.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2004, 01:46 PM

Eminem is still a punk who probably makes more money than the combined net income of my small little development. God I wish rap would just die. This whole "gangsta" crap is growing old real fast, especially when most of the people who like it are guys in suburbia. Too bad the only people who like Eminem are 10 year old white kids.

brapper
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2004, 03:10 PM

Not a Beastie Boys fan.

what 'gangsta' crap?
let's see what I saw in that video...umm racial profiling, one more man being sent away from his family to fight a war, tax breaks that benefit the rich, and a mob taking action by signing up to vote.
Hardly 'gangsta' nor is it appealing to ten year olds.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 30, 2004, 04:25 PM

Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules