Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > I Love Windows.......not

I Love Windows.......not
PHoynak
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2002, 05:30 AM

I work part time as a pc tech. I am trying to change my career (I am 34) and am taking classes in networking. A PC came in Monday that would crash (blue screen of death) whenever we plugged in the usb cable from the customers digital camera. Everything we tried failed, Windows kept dying. Now I know why I like my Mac's more than the PC I have. For digital audio/video there is nothing better. I was dying to say to the customer "get a mac" but I couldn't. It is hard though.

skalie
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2002, 06:44 AM

I have a JVC miniDV camera that I tried for over a year to make movies with on a window machine, buying firewire cards, downloading patches from pages translated from Russian.

The result was always a blocked mess. One tip was to do a defrag, but the thing wasn't defragging, another problem to sort, spent a weekend or two trying to resolve inf issues to capture stills after it wouldn't recognise the camera anymore, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Bought an iBook, and was making movies within five minutes, going wow, that looks great.

PHoynak  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2002, 04:29 PM

That is exactly the camera we tried to get working! When windows would find the camera connected then blue screen of death would pop up. He had a Gateway with Win 98 loaded and we finally gave up.

skalie
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2002, 09:23 AM

Funnily enough I e-mailed JVC to ask if their camera was compatible with Macintosh, before I bought my iBook, it wasn't listed on the Apple site.

They assured me that there would be no problem, as they use Macintosh themselves in their office.

dvd
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2002, 09:54 PM

i pluged in a sony digital 8 (blah sucks) cam into my pc that i made and it woked *shrug* it was a cheapo firewire too.
-Athlon XP 1500+, 256 PC2700 DDR RAM, 30 + 60 gig HD.
-Powermac G4 "Digital Audio", 384mb ram, 40gig HD, 16mb rage pro 128
-original iPod 5gig =]

Forum Links
Forum Rules