Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iLife Included with BTO SuperDrive

iLife Included with BTO SuperDrive
mginsberg
Jan 22, 2003, 06:13 PM

I just called Apple and confirmed that if you ordered a SuperDrive for your 12 inch PB G4, it will come pre-installed with iLife. That may explain some of the delays, since iLife hasn't officially been released yet. I ordered my G4 on 1/9/2003 and I'll bet/hope that it ships early next week.

So for those of you who have a SuperDrive version on order, no need to run out this weekend to buy iLife.

ebisix
Forum Regular
Jan 22, 2003, 07:16 PM

I heard that it didn't come preinstalled. Thanks for the clarification.
( Last edited by ebisix; Jul 19, 2003 at 01:47 AM. )

Kenstee
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2003, 09:07 PM

From MacCnn 1/22/03

MacNN sources report that Apple may delay the release of iLife, its suite of four digital hub applications due to problems with GM ("Golden Master") of the iLife CD. The $50 package will not be available for sale as anticipated on Saturday, January 25th (and the new release date was not yet known); however, the unreleased individual components, iMovie 3 and iPhoto 2, maybe made available via the Internet for download (as previously announced). iTunes 3 is already available (released last fall) and iDVD 3 will only be available as part of the retail package. (Apple would not return phone calls to confirm the iLife delay or the availability of iPhoto 2 and iMovie 3 downloads). New Apple Store orders are quoting 5-7 days for the estimated shipping date, while one reader noted that his order would ship on January 30th. [We are seeking additional confirmation and details.]

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 22, 2003, 09:14 PM

I heard that it didn't come preinstalled. I guess those people didn't get SuperDrive. Thanks.
I don't think anyone has the superdrive models yet, as they are BTO.

livemixlove
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2003, 09:16 PM

I wonder if combo drive models will ship sooner than the Apple site says they will. If iLife is not pre-installed, why not?

ebisix
Forum Regular
Jan 22, 2003, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by Icruise:
I don't think anyone has the superdrive models yet, as they are BTO.
What does "BTO" mean?

Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2003, 10:06 PM

"build to order"
Midshipman 3/C, USNR

mginsberg  (op)
Jan 23, 2003, 06:04 PM

From ThinkSecret.com

iLife delayed until Jan. 31; hardware upgrades at fault
By Nick dePlume, Publisher and Editor in Chief

January 23, 2003 - Sources confirmed today that the sale of Apple's iLife software package has been delayed from January 25, this weekend, until January 31. However, the date was backed up not as the result of any software issue, but rather to correspond with the release of new hardware speed bumps.

Apple did not provide a reason for the delay, but Think Secret sources have confirmed that iLife discs have been burned and many of Apple's retail locations are already sitting on boxes of the bundle, ready to sell: While the sale has been delayed, the shipment clearly has not.

In fact, the delay has nothing to do with iLife itself or its applications, but rather the forthcoming upgrades to iMacs and other hardware. iLife has been delayed to correspond with the release of the new hardware, upon which the iLife applications will be pre-installed.

The new models will tentatively be announced the following week, probably on Monday, February 3.

ebisix
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2003, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by Mister Elf:
"build to order"
Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules