Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Discounted 17" Pbook in Crossgate Mall

Discounted 17" Pbook in Crossgate Mall
skidaniel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2003, 10:43 PM

When I was looking at the 17 Pbook on demo today, (Saturday, April 12th), one of the salesman said that they had a unit in stock that was returned with one dead pixel, and was on sale for $2999, (or a saving of $250). I was tempted, but am really waiting for the 15.4" Albook to come out before I make the jump.

Maybe one of you guys will go and scoop it up

Karim
Senior User
Apr 12, 2003, 11:45 PM

That's a good question. I know alot of people hate any bad pixels and some that will live with them. Would $250 off list be enough to get someone to buy one with a known pixel defect?

I wouldn't. The resale on a bad pixel unit would probably be more than $250 off. Of course if the bad pixel was "off" and in the lower right or left corner, it really woudn't matter much-- But what if it was red right in the middle...

Forum Links
Forum Rules