Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > "car club" types.

"car club" types.
scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2003, 12:37 AM

i see these cars around with these "ELEET TRANZFORMASHUNZ C.C." stickers on the back window, and the sticker will actually look sort of fancy, but itll be on the back of a stock 98 grand prix with 4 dollars worth of pinstriping down the side of it and some "fancier" plastic hubcap things.

is this a joke? are these people serious? are they the sole member of these "clubs" they represent? can you get into a car club based simply on what one plans to do to their car one day?

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 30, 2003, 12:51 AM

yea... that's gay.

I see it all the time.

they put a subwoofer and piezo tweeters in their car and now they're ready to win a contest.

ice

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Jun 30, 2003, 03:10 AM

everyone with a car is gay.
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

ObiWan Flanders
Forum Regular
Jun 30, 2003, 03:38 AM

Originally posted by philzilla:
Thats why I drive a moped. Or at least how I rationalize it.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Jun 30, 2003, 07:34 AM

( Last edited by daimoni; Aug 12, 2004 at 12:57 PM. )

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2003, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by philzilla:
Mr. T had a van.

Are you calling Mr. T gay, FOOL?!

Ummm... nevermind.

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2003, 10:01 AM

I remember a club around here about 8 years ago, they called themselves Wicked. The leaders Grandmother (according to rumor) didn't like that on her little Mikee's truck, so they redubbed themselves Rolling in Style...
Funny stuff.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2003, 11:37 AM

I hate that those pretentious bastards. Next thing you know, they'll be wanting dress differently than us, and live in different style houses, and listen to different types of music, and worship differently than we do! I mean, where does it end? They have to be stopped!
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

permanent68
Banned
Jun 30, 2003, 04:39 PM

Yeah, they're morons. Usually they have ghetto cars, and they like to write in "OLD ENGLISH" font on their newer car. WTF is up with the OLD english with the NEW car, I don't understand. >shrug< There's one around here... I forget the name of it... anyway, this guy has this Eagle Talon painted in TIGER STRIPES, with a HUGE aluminum wing, ugly bling bling wheels, fart tip, etc etc. So I'm on the highway next to him and as I drive by him I start laughing histerically and pointing at him. WELL! HE CAN"T HAVE THAT! So to show what a 'man' he is he nails the gas and flys by me flipping me off. But he wasn't looking forward. So he almost plows straight into the back of this truck, and swerves to avoid hitting the truck going slow in front of him, over corrects, and then finally swerves back into his lane. Yeah, he almost crashed. What an idiot.

- Ca$h

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2003, 08:45 PM

Originally posted by permanent68:
<snip>So to show what a 'man' he is he nails the gas and flys by me flipping me off. But he wasn't looking forward. So he almost plows straight into the back of this truck, and swerves to avoid hitting the truck going slow in front of him, over corrects, and then finally swerves back into his lane. Yeah, he almost crashed. What an idiot.

- Ca$h
Ah, what an ass. I had a run-in one night with some guy who thought he was cool like that. I first saw him a 1/2 mile before the exit ramp of the freeway; he was making a u-turn onto my side of the freeway because he must have missed it going the other way. So he gets off the freeway behind me, and he got stuck behind some semi because he can't read traffic. So I get up the road a bit, and this is a four-lane divided highway (55 mph) with residents on it and such. So I'm in the left lane, and I get up next to some other guy in the right lane and am passing him. Meanwhile, crazy inattentive u-turn guy comes roaring up, having succeesfully figured out how to get by the truck, and rides right up the guy in the right lane's rear. Since I think the guy's an ass, I linger in the left lane a bit longer than normal on the pass, so the jerk is flipping back and forth behind us like some caged animal. So I decide that's enough, gas it, and get a few car lengths up of the guy I was passing, and I'm about to move over to let the nut-job pass me. I must have pissed u-turn reject off with my little delay tactic worse than I thought, though, because the moron tries to show me who's boss. All of the sudden I hear his motor rev and see him in the rear-view whipping out to pass me on the right, but apparently he didn't understand the physics of his front-wheel drive speed demon and I hear tires screaming and watch as his headlights whip left, then right, then left, then around...and now he's facing backwards on the shoulder behind me. He didn't get into it with the other guy that I had passed; I think he backed off when he saw psycho boy gunning it. Since there was no harm no foul, I just drove the last half-mile home shaking my head. Why do people who can't drive feel the need to be king of the road?

--Josh

todrain
Senior User
Jun 30, 2003, 10:31 PM

Wow....everyone was nice as could be the last time I was in Terre Haute.....

scaught  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2003, 12:23 AM

i saw this car today around here. it was a chrysler SEBRING of all things. red. big yellow sticker graphics crap on the side. and a BIG BIG ass red spoiler. ugly. oh. on the top of the windshield, it said "shaved lately ?" for some goddamn reason. i mean. i realize i live in a hick ass area. oh whatever.

ThisGuy
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2003, 01:10 AM

Around here every douche bag has on their windshield and some oversized spoiler. A $2000 Civic with $6000 of crap on it makes me laugh to myself when I see it.

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2003, 08:17 AM

Originally posted by ThisGuy:
Around here every douche bag has on their windshield and some oversized spoiler. A $2000 Civic with $6000 of crap on it makes me laugh to myself when I see it.
Yeah, I see that a lot in Detroit (and to a lesser extent Indy). People buy these $1000 crap mobiles with the performance of your average lawn tractor and they slap a giant spoiler and $2000 spinning rims on it. You're not fooling anyone! Your car still sucks!

Originally posted by todrain:
Wow....everyone was nice as could be the last time I was in Terre Haute....
Yeah, well, stick around awhile. People around here consistently drive way too fast on surface roads; hardly a day goes by that I don't see someone who's been rear-ended while waiting to make a left by some jackass going 70 in a 45. Or driving for a mile in a turn lane to pass a bunch of people on the right. Or constantly entering the freeway at 30 mph! Agggh!

--Josh

JFischel
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2003, 10:50 AM

Back in '99 I had a Mustang GT with a blower on it. The thing had about 400 horse to the real wheels. I'd get these dopes in those Civics coming up to me revving their engines and trying to race. I'd always rev up my engine and as soon as the light changed, I would take a nice and leasurly left turn and let the silly kids run their cars down the road. It must be some exhaust fumes that make these guys think they could take on a 'Stang with a blower.

Have Fun -- Josh
20 Inch Intel iMac * MacBook 2 GHz * 60GB iPod * 4GB iPhone

tikki
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2003, 03:31 PM

http://kaotickustoms.com/

That's the local one. Unfortunately, my brother is a member. It's embarassing.

work: maczealots blog: carpeaqua

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 1, 2003, 03:51 PM

Originally posted by JFischel:
Back in '99 I had a Mustang GT with a blower on it. The thing had about 400 horse to the real wheels.
What about the fake ones?

Forum Links
Forum Rules