Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Can't Boot Into OS 9.2.2 After Hard Drive Firmware Update #1

Can't Boot Into OS 9.2.2 After Hard Drive Firmware Update #1
99switcher
Sep 16, 2003, 07:35 AM

Updated my firmware from Apple's software update pane this weekend and now my G4 won't boot from startup into OS 9.2.2. OS 10.2.6 is no problem. I have a PM G4 Digital Audio W/a 1GHZ Sonnet, 384 Meg Ram, nVidia GeForce4, 2 HDs (won't boot into 9.2 on either HD). Will boot into 9.1 from the original CD. Classic starts up fine. Help!?

gradyjoslin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2003, 01:23 AM

Do you have the 9.22 disk? I would try to do a clean system folder install which you can select on the disk. It won't do a reformat, but it'll install a fresh system folder for your OS 9 part. That might fix it and get you back on your feet in OS9. Sounds like it got the system folder some how when you did the update. - Grady

electropura
Sep 17, 2003, 12:37 PM

Re-bless the OS 9 system folder. Drag the Finder out of the System Folder to another location, then drag it back in.

Forum Links
Forum Rules