Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > how to search for yahoo on MAC

how to search for yahoo on MAC
John B. Smith
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2004, 01:57 PM

I have a MAC and I would like to know how to search for images on yahoo. On my PC I usd to be able to go to yahoo.co.uk and type my search and click "images" but now on my MAC I cannot do this. please help me. I use system panther 10-3

Jacke
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 21, 2004, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by John B. Smith:
I have a MAC and I would like to know how to search for images on yahoo. On my PC I usd to be able to go to yahoo.co.uk and type my search and click "images" but now on my MAC I cannot do this. please help me. I use system panther 10-3
Honestly son, you have to learn to surf the web without someone holding you're hand all the time.

If that was too subtle, here's the link: http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search/ukie/img/index.html

John B. Smith  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2004, 05:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jacke:
[B]Honestly son, you have to learn to surf the web without [URL=http://uk.search.yahoo.com=

TE]

why can't i just go to yohoo.co.uk and click image? i could do it on PC why cant i do it on MAC? that's all im asking.

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2004, 05:59 PM

why can't i just go to yohoo.co.uk and click image? i could do it on PC why cant i do it on MAC? that's all im asking.
I can on this end, and without screwing up a quote.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2004, 06:10 PM

Honestly, I have no idea.

Because I just tried exactly what you described on my Mac ("MAC" is an identifying code for network interfaces; the computer is a "Mac", short for "Macintosh"), using Safari in 10.3, and it worked absolutely fine.

Typed in the search query, got the results, and then switched to the "images" tab, while retaining the search terms.

-s*

John B. Smith  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2004, 06:18 PM

Typed in the search query, got the results, and then switched to the "images" tab, while retaining the search terms.

-s*

no no, this isnt what im talking aout. when i go to yahoo i want to see the tab in fron of me, not have to search first to find tab. i like the tab next to the "my news" not over the search results. on PC this is how it was. on IMAC it doesn't do it.

shuold i try AOL?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jan 21, 2004, 06:20 PM

Perhaps your user is defective. I would recommend sending it in for warranty support.

Phanguye
Mac Elite
Jan 21, 2004, 06:46 PM

this guy is comedic gold

ryju
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2004, 06:54 PM

no no, this isnt what im talking aout. when i go to yahoo i want to see the tab in fron of me, not have to search first to find tab. i like the tab next to the "my news" not over the search results. on PC this is how it was. on IMAC it doesn't do it.

shuold i try AOL?
What does it matter if it's not there to begin with? Once you hit enter you can just click the IMAGES tab right then and there. Don't be a baby?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2004, 06:55 PM

shuold i try AOL?
You should try http://uk.search.yahoo.com/

alternately, just type search.yahoo.co.uk in the address bar, and that will take you there, too.

AND IT'S "iMac", DAMMIT.

-s*

andrew davidoff
Jan 21, 2004, 08:58 PM

-s*

shuold i try AOL?
this is just a stab here, assuming this isn't all just a joke...

you said you want to click 'my news'...is it possible that you're being auto logged in to yahoo on the pc (via a cookie) and you have never logged into yahoo on the mac, so you're not seeing your personalized yahoo?

then again, i don't see an option for images straight off the page http://yahoo.co.uk, which redirects to http://uk.yahoo.com/.

andrew davidoff

John B. Smith  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2004, 09:23 PM

Originally posted by andrew davidoff:
[B]this is just a stab here, assuming this isn't all just a joke...

you said you want to click 'my news'...is it possible that you're being auto logged in to yahoo on the pc (via a cookie) and you have never logged into yahoo on the mac, so you're not seeing your personalized yahoo?
that did the trick. I was used to seeing My Yahoo rather than the yahoo.co.uk start page. I have it set to log me in automatically now. thanx!

Forum Links
Forum Rules