Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > iDvd and hard drive space

iDvd and hard drive space
aussie149
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2005, 04:21 AM

I have been using iDVD and iMovie to do some transfer of DV tapes to DVD. I have set things up to save to an external firewire drive. When finished, I delete the project files, which frees up space on the external drive, but I am losing space on my internal drive! I am losing about 3-5 Gb each time I transfer a DV. I have used find.., have searched for invisible files, have restarted the computer, all without success. There are obviously files hidden somewhere taking up space, but I can't find them. What's going on?

eMac 1.25 1GB RAM, OS 10.3.9, iDVD 5.0.1, Firewire connection to DV camera, Firewire 200GB external drive 80Gb internal drive [groaning at seams!]

brianb
Forum Regular
Jun 19, 2005, 03:37 PM

sounds to me like you are not deleting the iDVD project files. A full project file from iDVD will be just shy of 4.7Gb when rendered out. check you Documents folder for iDVD project files and delete them if you won't be burning any more discs from them
Quicksilver 867, 700mhz iBook, 1st Gen iPod, iSight, Newton 2100, and a 128k Mac. All operating and used on a constant Basis

aussie149  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2005, 10:47 PM

Wow! that's why these forums are so good! There they were, lurking in the Douments file, 13 Gb of space hogs! Now gone. Thanks so much.

I'm not sure still why they don't show up when I do a Find search on files created today etc., but now I don't care: you have solved my problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules