Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Nokia 6630 Japan and iSync

Nokia 6630 Japan and iSync
JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2005, 09:16 AM

I just bought a nokia 6630 phone over here in a Japan. It should work with iSync, but it doesn't. My computer sees it, and it sends over the iSync Agent to my phone. The problem is that when I try and install this little iSync thing I keep getting 'Security Error.' I've changing the security options and turning on the 'Install Program' option.

Anyways if anyone has this phone (especially those in Japan) let me know what you did to get this working.

Thanks.

addiecool
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 4, 2005, 01:45 AM

1. after you have paired the phone with the mac, go to bluetooth settings on the phone and set the mac as authorised device so that it does not ask for a conection everytime.

2. make sure you have installed isync phone agent on the phone and it is running

3. switch off the phone and switch it on again

4. try to connect with isync. it should work.
iMac Intel Core Duo 2.0 Ghz 20", 1.5 GB RAM, 250GB
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 17", 512 MB RAM, 160GB
iPod Video 5G 60GB White
Mighty Mouse sucks - "Bought the Logitech 518 Gaming mouse"
USB 2.0 Hard Drive Sucked - "Bought a Firewire Hard Disk"

Randman
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2005, 01:53 AM

I have a Nokia 6630 (bought in Singapore) and it syncs fine after the latest iSync update. Follow the instructions ^^.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

JoshuaZ  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2005, 08:15 PM

Actually Japanese bluetooth phones are crippled by default. I eventually found directions online (bits here, bits there), which basicly had me break down the .sis file and manually installing it on my memory card. Seems like vodafone doesn`t like its customers installing things on their own. Silly Japanese and their `security errors`.

Anyhow I wrote up a very detailed discription last night and I`ll be posting on my weblog, and eventually my tutorial page, after work tonight. I felt it was best that someone actually write out directions for it. Especially directions in english (I found a lot of info in Japanese). I was able to install the iSync Agent and Salling Clicker using the manual install trick. So for the furture, if anyone needs help installing iSync Agent on their Bluetooth phone in Japan, Nokia 702NK/ 6300 or the 802 SE by Vodafone, just go to joshuazimmerman.com and either search for it on my weblog or go to the tutorials page. (I`d put the info here, but its on a different computer)

Thanks for your help everyone.

(PS for most everyone else out there, just go into your phone and turn on the `install programs` option)

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 4, 2005, 09:25 PM

6630 here too.. Working good with iSync.. Sorry, i know that doesnt help. But i didnt seem to need any weird hacks. Guess mine wasnt crippled by whatever.
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

Forum Links
Forum Rules