Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ram Pricing All Over The Map

Ram Pricing All Over The Map
tcugrilla
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 12, 2005, 09:17 AM

I am looking to add 1 gig of ram to my powerbook g4 17". the prices are all over the map, and that makes me a bit nervous. an outfit called 1-800-4Memory has 1 gig for $111, almost half that of
what Crucial charges. does anyone have any experience with this company, and if so please let me know good or bad. if you have any other recommendations i would be appreciative.

treebark7182
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2005, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by tcugrilla
I am looking to add 1 gig of ram to my powerbook g4 17". the prices are all over the map, and that makes me a bit nervous. an outfit called 1-800-4Memory has 1 gig for $111, almost half that of
what Crucial charges. does anyone have any experience with this company, and if so please let me know good or bad. if you have any other recommendations i would be appreciative.

I get my ram from either newegg or outpost.com. Just bought a 1gig kingston chip from outpost for $100 and it works like a dream

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2005, 09:40 AM

1-800-4memory is a good company. I've made RAM purchases from them in the past. There is no good reason to pay Crucial prices.

Forum Links
Forum Rules