Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Budgeting Software

Budgeting Software
mpancha
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2005, 04:54 PM

1) On my PC I use Microsoft money. I used to live in the US, and could have Money synch with Bank of America and keep my transactions up to date. I'm now in Canada, and use Royal Bank. Will it Auto sync with Quicken 2005 (shipped with my ibook)?

2) In Canada, banking (and just about any service) sucks. Iin the US, you get a debit card, and can use the Visa aspect of it everywhere, and thus monitor your budget easily. In Canada, not so much. You pay to be allowed to use your Debit (Debit ONLY that is) card X amount of times per month. If you go over, you pay a nifty fee. So, what I do to minimize the possibility fo going over on my monthly Debit allotment, is I take out a couple hundred each trip to the ATM. The problem now is, I pay cash for everything, and no longer have a bank record of my transactions to monitor my budget. I saw this software on Apple's website, Receipt Book. Can Quicken do something like that? If not, whats a good Freeware software that will do it?

I'm not sure if this post is very clear, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
MacBook Pro | 2.16 ghz core2duo | 2gb ram | superdrive | airport extreme
iBook G4 | 1.2ghz | 768mb ram | combodrive | airport extreme
iPhone 3GS | 32 GB | Jailbreak, or no Jailbreak

Forum Links
Forum Rules