Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Plantronics Voyager 510 or should I get Jabra or Sony HBH-GV435

Plantronics Voyager 510 or should I get Jabra or Sony HBH-GV435
markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2007, 01:08 PM

I have been researching a Bluetooth Headset for my iPhone. I ruled out the Jawbone since I find it hard to wear and don't think Apple's will be the one for me. It doesn't seem like the tape that would easily stay on my ear unless the pictures are deceiving.
I've become very interested in the Plantronics Voyager 510. It seems easy to wear and is supposed to have some type of noise cancellation. What are opinions of this headset? It also seems easy to fold up to carry if I'm not wearing it.
I also have heard very good reviews of the Sony Ericson HBH-GV435. What are opinions of that headset?
For Jabra I've looked at the BT-250v, BT-500v (I like the option of vibrating), BT5010, and BT5020.

I was heavily looking at the Jabra earlier but what turned me against it is I read how once it's synced with your phone any incoming phone calls automatically go to your headset if it's within 30 ft. of the phone. Even if I'm wearing my headset I may choose to take some of the calls on my phone so this would be a deal breaker to me. Is this true with all Jabra headsets or did I read something wrong? Or is this the case with some phones but the Jabra won't do then when used with an iPhone?

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Jul 15, 2007, 01:14 PM

The PT510 is big and bulky. It's not the most comfortable headset either. The WindStop feature is complete BS - wind noise makes the other end completely unable to hear you (as with most other BT headsets I've tried). However, the sound quality is excellent, and the volume on the headset can go really loud. To get a sense of how loud it is, I usually can hear the other side fine if I have the volume level set to 3 (out of 7). For people with bad hearing, this headset would be very helpful, I think.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

hadocon
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2007, 04:26 PM

Hey markw10...

I just bought an iPhone through your consulting Apple Store. I really love all the extra info you provide on your website. If you have a newsletter I'd love to subscribe to it!
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

Forum Links
Forum Rules