Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My Macbook discolored?

My Macbook discolored?
tjash1991
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2006, 05:20 PM

Is my macbook discolored? What do you guys thing? When I turn it at an angle I think I see discoloring. The whole palmrest defiently doesnt look as while as the rest of the computer.

Plus the thing freezes like every 45 minutes, even when there is nothing wrong. I am thinking its a software issue.

If I went and exchanged this computer for a new one (still within my 14 days) would they say anything about the color and woul they make me sit there for 45 minutes and wait for it to freeze. I remmeber a while back I had a computer that displayed a similar problem and I had ot sit in bestbuy til I could get it todo it.

What will apple say/do? I biought it from their authroized dealer at Rosedale.

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2006, 08:44 PM

Well, I don't see any discoloration, but if it freezes every 45 minutes or so for no reason, that's certainly within Apple warranty.
Linkinus is king.

kobi
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2006, 08:49 PM

I don't think that yours is discolored.
Mine looks the same way, it looked like that out of the box.
If your within the 14 days take it back. I just bought one on Aug 5th and I've had no problems at all.
If it's freezing then something is wrong. Apple shouldn't give you any static about the return.

Welcome to the mac world by the way. Congrats.

cag17
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2006, 09:12 PM

That doesn't really look discolored...

If you're having the freezing problem, try to reinstall OSX.
If that doesn't fix it, take it in.

jeff25624
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2006, 10:24 PM

I think that there are naturally going to be darker spots, but the discoloration on mine was really noticeable. The yellow shone out like a beacon.

tjash1991  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2006, 03:13 PM

Yea, well heres the deal. The computer in the places I use it the most (trackpad, certian keys, and wrist rests) keep turning blue. Its done it twice in 2 days.

I dont use pens, and if I do they are black. I have been washing my hands and arms before I use this thing. No help.

I use nailpolish remover to get it out an then it just comes back.

I think I am going to take it in for the freezing issue, and get a Blackbook if they will let me.

Should I tell them about the discoloration when I bring it in and how I get rid of it, or just leave it at the freezing issue? and will they exchange it for a blackbook if I ask?

Thanks guys for your help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules