Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Is there an iMac for Aperature....

Is there an iMac for Aperature....
wetstuff
Forum Regular
Oct 18, 2006, 03:27 PM

I've seen the list of all the video cards ..and - think - I understand that high processor speed seems to be needed ...but I like iMacs. ...but this G5 I now have is not supported. Perhaps someone knows which model would work without going over the top. ...and I don't like laptops.

jim

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2006, 05:06 PM

Apple - Aperture - Tech Specs
The right side of this page has the minimum requirements for Aperture. I'm guessing your G5 is supported though. Maybe you just need more RAM?

wetstuff  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 18, 2006, 05:42 PM

Naaah - thanks - but I've got pretty much the minimums ..but then stuck with a FX5200 video card. I'll need to buy, but I think I'll wait 'till the new OS comes out. My Photoshop CS does pretty well with jpgs.

I just got an almost new Canon 10D DSLR kit for about $800 and it takes KILLER pics! I've had Sony and most recently Panasonic for the last five digital years..and this is the Great Leap Forward. It's doesn't have the super zoom or instant movies of the Panasonic but the quality of image smacks you in the face.

Thanks Slip..

Jim

Forum Links
Forum Rules