Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Evolution or God sanctioned Gay Sex? Spontaneous sexual reproduction.

Evolution or God sanctioned Gay Sex? Spontaneous sexual reproduction.
hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
May 25, 2007, 12:23 AM

Wow, first you have frogs changing sex to reproduce. Now you have female sharks fertilizing themselves without a male. What's next? Gay women getting pregnant without the help of men?

Is the evolution before our eyes?

Study: Female sharks fertilize own eggs - Yahoo! News
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
May 25, 2007, 01:42 AM

No, it's science discovering something they didn't know before our eyes.

Happens everyday.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

Cipher13
May 25, 2007, 01:50 AM

Parthenogenesis is quite a well-known mechanism in some species - the key point point of this discovery is the fact that it was a cartilagenous fish involved, which is new to us.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
May 25, 2007, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
No, it's science discovering something they didn't know before our eyes.

Happens everyday.
Well, that's basically what science is about. Discovering things WE didn't know.

The they in that sentence implies that some smug bastard is sitting somewhere saying "hah, I already knew that. What took them so long?".

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
May 25, 2007, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Well, that's basically what science is about. Discovering things WE didn't know.

The they in that sentence implies that some smug bastard is sitting somewhere saying "hah, I already knew that. What took them so long?".
You got all of that from just that one sentence? When is a "they" just a "they"?

Cipher13
May 25, 2007, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by TheWOAT View Post
You got all of that from just that one sentence? When is a "they" just a "they"?
When it's not a "we"?

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
May 25, 2007, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cipher13 View Post
When it's not a "we"?
Ok, lets end it there.

Go Sharks!

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
May 25, 2007, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post

Wow.

The "they" refers to "them there" scientists.

It's a profession that I am not a member of, hence the exclusive connotation.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
May 25, 2007, 04:15 AM

Heh. I got that much. You're not exactly a scientist.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
May 25, 2007, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cipher13 View Post
When it's not a "we"?
I think you're a "we."
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Taliesin
Mac Elite
May 25, 2007, 05:29 AM

Yeah, God is making miracles every day. Even our normal sexual reproduction between male and female is God's miracle, just one taken for granted since it's occurring so often. This less often occuring asexual reproduction (the thread-title by the way contains a major mistake) is of course also God's miracle.

God be praised.

Taliesin
( Last edited by Taliesin; May 25, 2007 at 06:25 AM. )

Graviton
Mac Enthusiast
May 25, 2007, 05:55 AM

That reminds me of one of my favourite bits:

"But I'll tell you this. Where's this idea that childbirth is a miracle came from. Ha, I missed that f*****g meeting, okay? "It's a miracle, childbirth is a miracle." No it's not. No more than a miracle than eating food and a turd coming out of your ass. It's a chemical reaction, that's all it f*****g is. If, you wanna know what a miracle is: raisin' a kid that doesn't talk in a movie theatre. Okay, there, there, there is a goddam miracle. It's not a miracle if every nine months any yin yang in the world can drop a litter of these mewling cabbages on our planet. And just in case you haven't seen the single mom statistics lately, the miracle is spreading like wild-fire. "Hallelujah!" Trailer parks and council flats all over the world just filling up with little miracles. Thunk, thunk, thunk, like frogs laying eggs. "Thunk, look at all my little miracles, thunk, filling up my trailer like a sardine can. Thunk. You know what would be a real miracle, if I could remember your daddy's name, aargh, thunk. I guess I'll have to call you Lorry Driver Junior. Thunk. That's all I remember about your daddy was his fuzzy little pot-belly riding on top of me shooting his caffeine ridden semen into my belly to produce my little water-headed miracle baby, urgh. There's your brother, Pizza Delivery Boy Junior."

- Bill Hicks, Revelations

red rocket
Mac Elite
May 25, 2007, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit
What's next? Gay women getting pregnant without the help of men?
Considering that some actually think that's a good idea, we are looking at a possible scenario where men may become extinct.

How do we stop this from happening?

Think about it, man! Every woman left is a lesbian feminazi who will not have sex with any man under any circumstance. Every parthenogenetic child born in the future will be female. How do your stop your gender from going the way of the Dodo?

The answer is rape.

No longer wrong, but a survival imperative.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
May 25, 2007, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by red rocket View Post
Think about it, man! Every woman left is a lesbian feminazi who will not have sex with any man under any circumstance. Every parthenogenetic child born in the future will be female. How do your stop your gender from going the way of the Dodo?

The answer is rape.

As long as there are men like me around and a little TAG spray, we'll remain in demand!!!
ebuddy

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
May 25, 2007, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Yeah, God is making miracles every day. Even our normal sexual reproduction between male and female is God's miracle, just one taken for granted since it's occurring so often. This less often occuring asexual reproduction (the thread-title by the way contains a major mistake) is of course also God's miracle.

God be praised.
Amen brother!

All good things in the world are of course God's miracles. All the bad things must be the devil. Hallelujah!

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2007, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by red rocket View Post
Considering that some actually think that's a good idea, we are looking at a possible scenario where men may become extinct.

How do we stop this from happening?

The answer is rape.

You forgot the

Forum Links
Forum Rules