Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > My RAZR- Destroys my game

My RAZR- Destroys my game
Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2007, 02:30 AM

OK so the real thread title should be, "RAZR- Big ****ing cock-block". But that's not appropriate for kids.

Last thursday, I went out to a nightclub, got all flirty with this guy, we hit it off, I got his number, saved it into my shitty Razr, next night I go to call him and surprise, it's not in my phone.

Tonight, a week later, I go back to this nightclub, find the same guy, and start all over again- chat, dance, flirt, etc. I explain how my number wasn't saved, so he goes in himself and saves his number on my Razr. I look on, watching him enter his number and name.

I get back just now, and the number is not there.

Thanks a lot Motorola, for making the most shitty phone ever, which is costing me a date with one of the cutest guys I've met in a while. I wish I had an iPhone.

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2007, 03:01 AM

menu> recent calls > notepad

saves the last set of numbers entered to the phone, whether it was saved or not...

at least it does on my cingular razr...

Zach

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2007, 03:03 AM

Hmm. How do I get to that? The number was never actually dialed, mind you, just entered.

(And all is not lost, I know other people who I can get his number from, but it would be easier just to have it)

edit- omg thank you, there it is!

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2007, 03:05 AM

press the MENU button (the button in the center of the round thing)
then go to recent calls
then select notepad...

you can enter a number, close the phone and it will exist there till you enter another set of numbers...

Zach

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 20, 2007, 05:45 PM

Now it would be appropriate to apologize to Motorola for not making the "most ****ty phone ever" and instead merely making the function you wanted less than obvious.

Their OS ain't OS X, but it's hardly as horrible as a lot of people make it out to be.

Glad you found the guy's number. Have fun!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2007, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Now it would be appropriate to apologize to Motorola for not making the "most ****ty phone ever" and instead merely making the function you wanted less than obvious.
If she saved the number twice, and it didn't stick, I don't think the fact that she got saved by some other random feature makes that ok.

ImpulseResponse

Rumor
Jul 20, 2007, 06:07 PM

Maybe your phone is trying to warn you.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2007, 06:12 PM

Ya it's a bad omen, haha.

starman
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2007, 06:50 PM

Use
A
Pen

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2007, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by GSixZero View Post
If she saved the number twice, and it didn't stick, I don't think the fact that she got saved by some other random feature makes that ok.
Kerrigan isn't a she

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2007, 08:37 PM

A phone that fails to retain numbers after you save them is pretty ****ing shitty. I don't think any apology is necessary.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 09:26 AM

Razr N Moto Phns R Crp, U Shld Gt A Dffrnt Phn Nsted

(Edit: So since when have the forums had an anti all caps filter??)

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 10:23 AM

Their OS ain't OS X, but it's hardly as horrible as a lot of people make it out to be.
The vast majority of phones suck. They make me think the phone makers tried out the "million monkeys" thing, but with UI design. I'd honestly like to go back to 1997 or so with regards to phones. Just give me my Nokia 6160 back, please. It did what I wanted it to and didn't have animations or cameras or any other crap.

Tomchu
Mac Elite
Jul 21, 2007, 02:06 PM

Knowing how to properly use the phone helps. I've never had problems with my RAZR. Or my girlfriend's. Or my brother's.

I've made the mistake of filling out the information on the screen and then pressing the End button instead of "Done" a few times. Perhaps that's what you were doing amongst all that excitement.

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Jul 21, 2007, 02:22 PM

why not just dial it? whenever I am out and someone gives me a number I type it and then just call and end real quick. that way you know it will always be in your phone.
maybe if you weren't touching tips in your excitement both times you would have used some sense

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2007, 02:25 PM

The software on RAZRs still sucks even if you know what you're doing.

When reassigning speed dial numbers, if you change a contact's speed dial number to a number that is already in use by another contact, the phone warns you that it's already in use. When you acknowledge that you still want to change it, it then deletes the other contact entirely from the phone. It doesn't warn you that it will delete the other contact, it just warns it's already in use. That's inexcusable. Every other phone OS I've used will simply reassign the other contact's speed dial number to something not in use. It is such a PITA to assign speed dial numbers on a RAZR since you have to move the original contacts first before you can assign the numbers to where you want them.
Vandelay Industries

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Jul 21, 2007, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by abbaZaba View Post
why not just dial it? whenever I am out and someone gives me a number I type it and then just call and end real quick. that way you know it will always be in your phone.
maybe if you weren't touching tips in your excitement both times you would have used some sense
That's exactly what I do (or used to do, before the iPhone)...i never trusted my phone enough to "store" the number incase of a situation exactly like this, so I always just dialed and then pressed end.

P.S.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2007, 03:29 PM

Buncha Moto haters.

and yes, you DIAL a hot trick right then and there so it's in the recent call list. none of this storing it on location BS. that's taken care of off-site.

damn
ice

Forum Links
Forum Rules