Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Mighty Mouse woes

Mighty Mouse woes
Mocean
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2008, 09:18 PM

So I am on my second Mighty Mouse after Apple replaced the first one for free (right click would not work) and my new one seems to be working ok but today I replaced the batteries. Put in fresh new barreries, turned the Might Mouse back on and waited, ad waited and waited - nothing - cursor would not move.

So I had to dig out my Logitech (yet again) plug that in, go to system preferences and discover and pair the Might Mouse again.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have to go through this everytime I change the batteries in my Mighty Mouse?

Mocean  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2008, 10:41 AM

If no one else has had this problem can someone let me know what should happen when I change the batteries - when I turn on he Might Mouse again should it automatically be recognised? Have I not turned on some setting or something?

Thanks all!!

Andhee
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2008, 12:19 PM

Make sure you have the batteries the right way around (seriously), because changing the batteries should have no effect on the way the mouse works, unless you ragged the batteries out and busted one of the components which I highly doubt. Just swap the batteries around a bit.
Macbook mid 2007: 2Gb Ram, Intel core 2 duo, 2.16GHz, 500Gb HDD, Snow Leopard 10.6.6
HTC HD7 (Windows Phone 7!)
iPod 5G 80GB
iPod Mini 4GB (Blue)

Mocean  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2008, 07:12 PM

Tried it with the batteries - freshly charged, testing in my Logitech mouse, in the right way, swapped over, rolled around, connections are fine. Now to make things even more annoying - the left click button on my mouse has just stopped working. Back on my Logitech....again. Im thinking Im destined to not have a Mighty Mouse.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 22, 2008, 09:07 PM

Can't say I've ever had this problem. Haven't needed to re-pair the mouse after changing the batteries. Though do make sure you've added the mouse to your Favorites in the bluetooth control panel. Not sure if this really makes a difference, but I have mine added and haven't had any issues like yours.

Forum Links
Forum Rules