Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Toast 9.0.4 - upgrade erased my copy, can't install upgrade

Toast 9.0.4 - upgrade erased my copy, can't install upgrade
Veltliner
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2008, 02:04 AM

When I pull the upgrade to my applications folder, I get the message, that I don't have the privileges to do so for "some of the items".

I can't install the upgrade, but Toast 9.0.2, that was there before, isn't there any more. The streamer is there, and the TiVo, the disc catalogue maker, all the stuff I don't use anyway. Just Toast itself is gone.

So I wonder what happened.

Can't these Roxio people not even get a simple upgrade underway without causing you major migraine?

Or is this an OS X issue? I wasn't even asked my password before clicking to upgrade.

Download was made from the Roxio site.
( Last edited by Veltliner; Nov 6, 2008 at 02:14 AM. )

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2008, 09:56 AM

If you really want to put the app in the Applications folder after it tells you that you don't have privileges, just click Authenticate, put in your admin user/pass and you shouldn't have an issue.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Veltliner  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2008, 04:51 PM

Problem solved.

Reason for the denial of upgrade was not OS X.

It was the upgrade, that first erased my copy of Toast 9.0.2. An upgrade that can't find the older version to upgrade doesn't work.

So I erased all the leftovers of Toast, reinstalled from the disc.

Then I could install the upgrade.
( Last edited by Veltliner; Nov 6, 2008 at 05:34 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules